UPSC will release its notification for the Recruitment of Central Armed Police Forces(CAPF) Assistant Commandants(Group A) namely Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police(ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). The Candidates can fill the Application form online.
Although, it is advised to not wait for the last day rush and fill the form as early as possible. Allotment of the Centers will be on the “first-apply-first-allot” basis.
Before filling the form one must know how to choose the force, this question is quite challenging to answer but we are here to answer your queries, we will try to explain you the aspects related to every post so that it becomes easy for you to decide which suits you the best
Factors to Consider Before Choosing the Force
1. Promotional Aspects
We all want progress in life and when it comes to career who doesn’t want to climb the ladder at a fast pace, promotional aspects are different for different forces so choose wisely if you want to reach the acme faster.
2. Personal Interest
owing to the different DNA our bodies have we all are very different in terms of our likes and dislikes, the different Central armed forces have very different duties so you might want to choose a field which syncs with your Interest
3. Work Culture
The work culture differs based on the task the fores are assigned to perform, some forces have strict hierarchy like the Army whereas some forces opt for police like culture hence you should choose which suits you the best.
4. Family Life
A loving and caring family is more like a blessing and staying close to the family is something we all crave, you should look into the aspects of family life before choosing your force.
Let’s now look at each force individually to get a better picture.
- Stays at LOC, i.e. Indo-Pak border
- Best for adventure loving aspirants
- Not good for promotional aspects
During Peacetime BSF performs following duties
- To promote a sense of security among the people living in the border areas.
- To prevent trans-border crimes, unauthorized entry into or exit from the territory of India.
- To prevent smuggling and any other illegal activities on the Border.
- Anti-infiltration duties.
- To collect trans-border intelligence.
During Wartime following duties are fulfilled by BSF
- Limited aggressive action against irregular forces of the enemy.
- Holding ground in assigned sectors.
- Maintenance of Law and Order in enemy territory administered under the Army’s control.
- Acting as guides to the Army in border areas.
- Assistance in the control of refugees.
- Provision of escorts.
- Performing special tasks connected with intelligence including cross-border raids
- Stays at LAC, Indo china border
- Best for those who love trekking and mountains
- Faster promotion
- Army type work culture
- ITBP Battalions are responsible for providing security to various institutions of national importance throughout the country, which includes Rashtrapati Bhawan, Vice President House, Rumtek Monastery (Sikkim), LBSNAA (UKD) , Tihar Jail (N Delhi), and various sensitive installations in Chandigarh (Punjab) & Jammu (J&K)
- Stays at Nepal and Bhutan border
- Faster promotions
- Police like culture
- Its present-day role consists of preventing cross-border crime and smuggling as well as other anti-national activities. These powers are to be exercised within a belt of 15 km in the states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam and Arunachal Pradesh, running along the Indo-Nepal and Indo-Bhutan borders, as well as in any other area of SSB operation.
- Police like culture
- The primary role of CRPF is to assist the government in maintaining rule of law, internal security and public order efficiently. to ensure National Integrity and Promote Social Harmony and Development by upholding supremacy of the Constitution.
- best for family life
- best if you want to prepare for further exams
- Safeguarding the prosperity of indian subcontinent
- Ensuring the security of big Private Institutions
- Maintaining peace in various government institutions including Delhi Metro, airports, nuclear Institutions and ports etc.
- Recovery of Unclaimed property
- Tackling Trafficking Cases
- VIP security
- Technical consultancy services
UPSC CAPF 2022: Exam Summary
Before diving deep into the discussion have a look at the exam pattern.
|Name of Exam
|Central Armed Police Forces
|Mode of Application
|Mode of Exam
|3 Stages (Written + PFT + Interview)
|2 lakhs approx.
|to be notified soon
|CAPF 2022 Notification
CAPF ACs Salary
Assistant Commandant is a gazetted post, with basic salary of 56,100, including all the allowances the salary becomes 70k+, apart from that you get government quarters, vehicle etc.
Dearness Allowance (DA)
In hand Salary
How to Choose Your Force: FAQs
Q. What is CAPF AC salary?
Q. Is CAPF AC easy?