SSB Full Form
The full form of SSB is Services Selection Board, it is one of the toughest and longest interview ,or we can say it scans you thoroughly ,Well SSB is not mere a test but a procedure, 5 days procedure where you go through different ways of testing your personality.
The candidates that clear written exams such as CDS, NDA, TA, INET and AFCAT are then called by respective military boards for SSB Interview. One can also appear for SSB Interview by getting shortlisted direct entries – TES, TGC, UES, SSC Tech etc.
The selected students then need to appear before a Service Selection Board for an Intelligence and Personality Test.
SSB Interview Procedure
The SSB interviewer look for 15-character traits called “Officer Like Qualities”. The mechanism to check the done by the following procedure:
Day 0 (Reporting):
- The candidates are usually received at the station by an officer(s) of the board and from there they are taken to the selection centre.
- After the candidates are settled in, an ‘Opening Address’ takes place where an officer of the board briefs the candidates of their stay for the next 5 days.
- Document Verification takes place after that where the original documents of the candidates are verified.
- In some boards (esp. Air Force) the Reporting day is regarded as the Day 1 of SSB and the testing starts on the same day
Check: NSG Full Form
Day 1 (Screening):
The first day involves 3 tests:
- Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT)
- Officer Intelligence Rating Test (OIR Test):
The first day involves ‘Officer Intelligence Rating Test’ which consists of Verbal and Non-verbal Tests. The candidate gets two booklets having 40 questions each. The time allotted for each booklet is 15- 17 minutes.
Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT):
This test can be further categorized into:
- Picture Perception: An image is displayed for the time period of 30 seconds and the candidates need to note down its details such as sex, age, and mood of the characters, action performed by them. The candidates then create a story based on that image in a time period of 4 minutes.
- Group Discussion: A group of 10-15 candidates is formed from the batch and each candidate needs to narrate his/her story and then discuss it in the group, to reach a common consensus.
The results are declared after which the shortlisted candidates are retained for the subsequent round of testing.
Day 2 (Psychology Test):
On the second day of SSB, a Psychological Test is conducted. Following tests take place on this day:
- Thematic Apperception Test (TAT):
Candidates are shown 12 images (including 1 blank) and then they need to write a story on each for 4 minutes. The time limit is imposed to gauge the natural response of each candidate.
Word Association Test (WAT):
60 words are displayed in front of the candidates for 15 seconds each and the candidates need to write down a sentence which comes to their mind on seeing the word.
Situation Reaction Test (SRT):
A booklet is given to the candidates with 60 real-life situations and the candidates are required to write their reactions to those situations. The total duration for this exercise is 30 minutes.
Self-Description Test (SDT):
Candidates need to write few paragraphs covering their self-description for the context given. For instance, writing the opinion of their parents, teachers, friends etc. and the qualities the candidates wish to develop. Time allotted for this test is 15 minutes.
These tests are aimed to gauge the psychological suitability of a candidate for the defence forces.
Day 3 (Group Testing – I):
Day 3 involves Group Testing. Here several outdoor tests are conducted where the candidates need to take part in groups. This day involves the following group tests:
- Group Discussion:
The group discussion is conducted on two topics back to back on some current events or social issues. The discussion is usually of 20-30 minutes each.
- Group Planning Exercise (GPE):
Here the candidates are clubbed in the group of 10 – 15 people and are then given a story based on a model having certain issues. Candidates need to identify the issues and provide a practical solution for it.
- Progressive Group Task (PGT):
Candidates need to overcome the 4 given obstacles collectively in a group for which they are given some helping material and a load with some rules.
- Group Obstacle Race (GOR):
Commonly referred to as Snake race, each group is required to compete against another group for 6 given obstacles.
- Half Group Task (HGT):
This exercise is like PGT, but it is conducted with a smaller group over a single obstacle.
Day 4 (Group Testing – II):
This day is again dedicated to Group Testing. Following tests are conducted on this day:
Each candidate is presented with 4 topics out of which he needs to choose one and speak on it for a period of 3 minutes.
Individual Obstacles (IO):
Each candidate needs to clear 10 given obstacles in a time period of 3 minutes which are marked from 1-10 based on the difficulty level.
- Command Task (CT):
Each candidate made the commander and is given an obstacle similar to HGT which he/she needs to overcome with the help of his subordinates.
- Final Group Task (FGT):
The entire group is reunited and required to complete the assigned task similar to PGT in the stipulated time.
Personal Interviews are generally conducted during Day 2, 3 and 4 after the respective daily tasks have been completed. Interviews are usually related to everyday experiences, work, education, family, hobbies, achievements in academics, general awareness etc.
Day 5 (Conference):
Day 5 is the last day in which the assessor starts with a closing address, then the conference of candidates starts.
- A board conference is conducted where all the officers who assessed the candidates in the previous days are present. Each assessor discusses among themselves with respect to the suitability of a candidate.
- Each candidate then appears individually before the board where their total assessment is narrated, and the board makes a recommendation accordingly.
- The candidates who are borderline are given certain situations and then a collective decision is taken.
After the result is announced the shortlisted candidates are retained for further medical examinations.
and once you cleared the medicals and made it to merit list then you become worthy of wearing the stars of pride after the rigorous training process.
SSB Full Form in Hindi
हिंदी में इसका मतलब सेवा चयन बोर्ड है। यह सबसे कठिन और सबसे लंबे साक्षात्कार में से एक है, या हम कह सकते हैं कि यह आपको अच्छी तरह से स्कैन करता है, वैसे एसएसबी केवल एक परीक्षा नहीं है बल्कि एक प्रक्रिया है, 5 दिनों की प्रक्रिया है जहां आप अपने व्यक्तित्व का परीक्षण करने के विभिन्न तरीकों से गुजरते हैं।
सीडीएस, एनडीए, टीए, आईएनईटी और एएफसीएटी जैसी लिखित परीक्षाओं को पास करने वाले उम्मीदवारों को संबंधित सैन्य बोर्डों द्वारा एसएसबी साक्षात्कार के लिए बुलाया जाता है। शॉर्टलिस्ट की गई सीधी प्रविष्टियां – टीईएस, टीजीसी, यूईएस, एसएससी टेक आदि प्राप्त करके एसएसबी साक्षात्कार के लिए भी उपस्थित हो सकते हैं।
इसके बाद चयनित छात्रों को इंटेलिजेंस और पर्सनैलिटी टेस्ट के लिए सर्विस सेलेक्शन बोर्ड के सामने पेश होना होगा।
SSB Full Form: FAQs
Q1. How many Days does the SSB interview take ?
Ans. SSB interview is a five Days Long process .
Q2. Is SSB difficult ?
Ans. Yes, SSB is difficult if you don’t prepare properly ,But with right guidance and study material you can easily able to crack SSB
Q3. What is the Full form of SSB ?
Ans. SSB stands for service selection board .