SSB Lecturette Tips for Freshers: Many defence aspirants especially freshers are always keen to know as how to deliver SSB Interview Lecturette. Indeed, lecturette is a very important individual task in which many officer-like qualities are assessed. How well the candidate is able to express his/her thoughts to his team under time pressure is seen in the lecturette part. In this article, we will share some important SSB Lecturette Tips for Freshers as well as repeaters so that you can improve your performance in the SSB Interview lecturette when you go for your SSB interview.
Lecturette is one of the tasks which is conducted during GTO Technique on day 2 of GTO tasks. The main motive behind conducting this task is that an officer in the Indian Armed Forces has to take the lead and command his men. He must have the power of expression through which he can motivate his men and lead them wherever he can. He must be able to boost confidence and zeal in his subordinate and whatever he says should be motivating and effective. This test will somehow give a boost to SSB Psychological Test to match the OLQs. GTO gives you three minutes for the preparation.
Key Points for SSB Lecturette
• Your Self Confidence plays a major role here. Speak with full confidence.
• Your ability to influence the group, through your power of expression.
• Your clarity of thoughts and command over the language you speak.
• Your confidence and ability to speak under stress and courage to speak in front of people.
• How much are you aware of the general awareness and how do you perceive things. What is your personal opinion about the recent news and current affairs topics.
How to Deliver the SSB Interview Lecturette
You will get a card which would consist of four topics and you have to choose one. It totally depends on you what topic you choose, speak on the topic you have the knowledge and make sure to give some fact and figures about it. Below we have mentioned some tips for SSB Interview Lecturette.
- Start your lecturette with good and effective introduction. Make eye contact with your group while speaking.
- Your Body language plays a very important role while you speak. Resist your hand movements. Be very gentle, stand straight and speak confidently, if possible a touch of humor will be handy.
- Give facts and figures, pros and cons about the topic in the main part, and maintain eye contact with your group.
- To sum up your lecturette, use the time judiciously and end it with a good message or your logical opinion or suggestion about the topics.
- It is supposed to be delivered in the English language, you may switch to Hindi if you get stuck in between but revert back to English as early as possible.
By reading newspapers and increasing your general awareness about the most common things which could be asked and those which have national and international importance would help you in having good content for your topic.
Start speaking in front of the mirror loudly, even speaking and recording your voice is also a good technique to improve for lecturette.
Speak slowly, clearly, and deliberately during your SSB lecturette.
Don’t look at the GTO while speaking, face your team members.
Finish your lecturette well in time, don’t exceed the time limit, and even don’t finish very early.