Indian Air Force New Combat Uniform 2022
A new combat uniform for the Indian Air Force was unveiled on the 8th of October on the occasion of the 90th Indian Air Force Day. At the event in Chandigarh, Seven IAF personnel were seen in the new combat uniform of the IAF in the parade were seen wearing the new uniform which is First look of this digitally camouflaged uniform was revealed by Air Chief Marshal V R Chaudhari. He also announced that the government has approved a new weapon systems branch for the IAF. He also mentioned this was the first time since Independence that a new operational branch has been created in the IAF.
“This will essentially be for manning of four specialised streams of Surface to Surface missiles, Surface to Air Missiles, Remotely Piloted Aircraft and Weapon System Operators in twin and multi-crew aircraft. Creation of this branch would result in savings of over Rs 3400 crores due to reduced expenditure on flying training,” he added in his address at the Air Force Day parade.
The new uniform has unique functional pixelated designs that are all-terrain friendly. This uniform also includes a new pattern of boots, a combat T-shirt, a new web belt and a new pattern of caps and turbans. It has a feature of ergonomic fitting that allows both male and female ground duty personnel to maximise their operational capability. The new combat fatigues are similar to the uniform which was introduced for the Indian army on the occasion of the 74th Army Day this year.
Telling about new combat unfirm The IAF spokesperson mentioned that the new fatigues are made in India, bolstering the Atmanirbhar Bharat campaign. A committee was formed to study different patterns and it was decided that a transition would be made from the old camouflage pattern to a digital pattern.
During the event, the ceremonial parade was also held following an inspection by Air Chief Marshal V R Chaudhari. Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Air Command, Air Marshal Sreekumar Prabhakaran among others were also present on the occasion.
8 Major differences between Indian Air Force New vs Old Combat Uniform
- The new uniform is uniquely designed and it has a unique modern pattern called digital camouflage replacing the older organic patterns.
- It will help soldiers to blend more suitably with nature.
- It is made up of lighter and stronger fabric, which is easy to wear for longer periods of time.
- The new IAF uniform will have different colours and shades that are better for the air force’s work environment
- The new uniform is different from its earlier versions, with pixelated designs.
- The new design pattern allows military personnel to move with greater flexibility irrespective of the type of the terrain.
- Combat T-shirt has been introduced for the first time in the IAF.
- It also includes new pattern of boots, a new web belt and a new pattern of caps & turbans