SSB Interview Questions
The Interviewing Officer (IO) starts talking in a very relaxed manner with you at the start and then starts asking questions based on your PIQ. The questions are generally asked in a rapid-fire sequence and about 8-10 questions will be asked simultaneously. The candidate has to answer the questions in the same sequence as asked. In between the IO may ask some other questions as well to get some things clarified. The IO may ask for 5-6 rapid-fire sequences during the interview.
Here are some updated SSB interview questions for 2023:
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Why do you want to join the Indian Armed Forces?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- How do you handle conflicts and difficult situations?
- What do you know about the Indian Armed Forces?
- How do you see yourself contributing to the Indian Armed Forces?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- How do you keep yourself physically fit?
- Tell 2 good and bad qualities of your parents and what do you do to improve the bad ones?
- What do you know about the history of the Indian armed forces?
- How do you maintain physical fitness and what is your exercise routine?
- Can you describe a time when you had to work in a team to achieve a common goal?
- What are your long-term career goals?
- How do you keep yourself updated with current affairs and news related to the Indian armed forces?
- What qualities do you think are essential for an officer in the Indian Armed Forces?
- How do you manage stress in difficult situations?
- What is your opinion on the current geopolitical situation in the world?
- Have you ever faced a situation where you had to take a tough decision? How did you handle it?
- What is your biggest strength and weakness?
- How do you plan to contribute to the Indian Armed Forces if you get selected?
- Do you have any prior experience in a leadership role? If yes, tell us about your experience.
- Explain your relationship with your Siblings.
- Who are your best friends? Tell about their good and bad qualities.