SSC Stenographer 2021: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the admit card for the Stenographer Grade C and Grade D Post @ssc.nic.in. The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Stenographer Grade C and D exam, which is known as the SSC Stenographer 2021. SSC Steno is the only exam conducted by SSC for the stenographers, several students apply for the recruitment. Through SSC Stenographer the selected candidate is placed in the Group C and Group D non gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. The minimum qualification for SSC Stenographer is 12th Pass.
Update: The SSC stenographer CBT exam is postponed till further notice due to the Assembly Elections in different UT’s/ States during March and April 2021
SSC Stenographer Notification 2021
The official notification of SSC Stenographer 2021 was released on October 10, 2020, which was delayed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Online Applications are to open for more than one month from October 10, 2020, to November 04, 2020.
|Exam Name||SSC Stenographer 2021|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer- Based Test) and Skill Test|
|Posts offered||Group C and D officers|
SSC Stenographer 2021: Important Dates
|SSC Stenographer Notification Date||October 10, 2020|
|SSC Stenographer Online Application Start Date||October 10, 2020|
|SSC Stenographer Online Application Last Date||November 04, 2020|
|SSC Stenographer Online Fee Payment Last Date||November 06, 2020|
|SSC Stenographer Last Date For Offline Challan Generation||November 08, 2020|
|SSC Stenographer Fee Payment Last Date Through Challan||November 10, 2020|
|SSC Stenographer Exam Date||To be notified|
|SSC Stenographer Tier-1 Answer Key Date||To be notified later|
|SSC Stenographer Tier 1 Result Date||To be notified later|
|SSC Stenographer 2021 Tier 2 Exam Date||To be notified later|
|SSC Stenographer 2021 Tier 2 Result Date||To be notified later|
|SSC Stenographer 2021 Final Result Date||To be notified later|
SSC Stenographer 2021 Online Application Fee
- The Online Application Fee for SSC Stenographer 2021 is Rs. 100/- for the GENERAL category of candidates.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/Ex-servicemen category as well as female candidates are exempted from paying the application fee for SSC Stenographer 2021.
SSC Stenographer 2021 Vacancy Distribution
The vacancy for SSC Stenographer 2021 will be released only after the due course. Till then you may have a look at the vacancy distribution for the previous years.
As per SSC Stenographer Notification, Vacancy 2019-20 for Grade C and D has been tabulated:
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||1276|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||429|
As per SSC New Notice, Revised Tentative Vacancy 2018-19 for Grade C and D has been tabulated:
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||991|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||473|
SSC Stenographer 2021 Eligibility Criteria
As per SSC Stenographer Notification 2021, the following eligibility criteria needs to be fulfilled:
- Education Qualification: A candidate is required to be at least a 12th pass from a recognized Board or University. He/She must be able to produce the required documents when asked for verification after qualifying for the SSC Stenographer Exam.
- Age Limit (As of 01st August 2020):
A candidate must lie in the age domain of 18-30 years to be eligible for the SSC Stenographer Grade C exam.
A candidate must lie in the age domain of 18-27 years to be eligible for the SSC Stenographer Grade D exam.
|Category||Upper Age Limit/Age Relaxation|
|PwD (unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||3 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||8 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||40 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. (SC/ ST)||45 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||35 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST )||40 years|
SSC Stenographer Selection Process
SSC or Staff Selection Commission conducts a Stenographer exam every year in 2 different stages, || Written Test and Shorthand Skill Test ||
- The candidate must qualify for both stages of examination to receive the appointment letter for the post of Stenographer Grade C and D.
- Candidates qualifying for the written test will have to appear for the shorthand test which is qualifying in nature.
- The entire recruitment process is explained through the SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2021.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
SSC Stenographer Exam will be conducted in 2 different stages to select eligible candidates. The first level is the Grade C and D written exam that consists of MCQs and is conducted online. Post this exam, an exam to test your shorthand skill sets in various domains.
The various sections in the SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Written Exams are:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
Shorthand Skill Test
SSC Stenographer Skill Test Syllabus is given below. The SSC Stenographer Skill Test is done on both computers and Paper. The candidates will be dictated a passage of 800 and 1000 wpm for Group D and C respectively, depending upon the marks obtained by the candidate.
- For Stenographer Group ‘D’: 800 words @80 words per minute (w.p.m).
- For Stenographer Group ‘C’: 1000 words @100 words per minute (w.p.m).
The shorthand passage will then have to be transcribed on a computer in 50 minutes for Grade D and 40 minutes for Grade C.
Qualifying Criteria For SSC Stenographer
The candidates will first have to secure a cut-off set by the SSC to qualify for the shorthand stage.
- The qualifying marks are different for the written test of Stenographer Grade C and Grade D.
- The candidates qualifying for the written test will be eligible to appear for the shorthand skill test.
- The shorthand skill test is qualifying in nature.
- The merit list will be prepared based on the marks secured by the candidates in the written test.
The Qualifying criteria for the shorthand skill test are given below for SSC Stenographer Grade C and Grade D.
|Permissible Mistake out of total words|
|Category||Grade C||Grade D|
Marking Scheme For SSC Stenographer Exam
- The time duration for SSC Stenographer Exam is 2 hours.
- The total no. of questions will be 200 of 200 marks.
- 1 mark will be given for every correct answer.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect response by the candidate.
- No marks will be awarded/deducted for unattempted questions.
- There will be negative marking in the shorthand skill test for use of every incorrect word.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus
To qualify for SSC Stenographer, it is important to know the detailed Syllabus of the SSC Stenographer. The major topics are General Awareness, General Intelligence/Reasoning, and English Language, at which a candidate needs to score well for Paper-1 of the SSC Stenographer 2019-20 Exam. For Paper-2, i.e. Skill sets, dictated words are to written by the candidates:
The topics in each Section are:
|General Awareness||English Language and Comprehension||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Current Affairs||Synonyms-Antonyms||Visual Memory|
|Awards and Honours||Sentence Structure||Blood Relation|
SSC Stenographer Salary
SSC Stenographer Notification states the pay scale of 9300-34800 (for Grade C) and the pay scale of 5200-20200 (for Grade D).
The following allowances are included in the SSC Stenographer Salary:
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Transport Allowance
SSC Stenographer 2021 OnlineApplication Form
The Online Application for the SSC Stenographer 2021 Exam for the Grade C & D Posts was over on 10th October 2020. Candidates can apply online for the exam by clicking on the link mentioned below.
How to Apply Online for SSC Stenographer 2021?
Follow the given steps to submit the SSC Stenographer Application form 2021
- Click on the official link, provided above.
- Click on the link of Apply Link given on the page. A registration link will open up in the new window.
- Click on New Registration in SSC Stenographer 2021 application window. Then click on the register button.
- Candidates need to provide personal credentials like name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc.
- Click on the submit button to complete the online registration form of SSC Stenographer. All the candidates will be issued a Registration ID for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam. Then, log in with the provided Registration ID, date of birth, and password to complete registration for SSC Stenographer 2021.
- In the next step, upload a photograph and signature following the requisites mentioned by SSC.
- Log in with registered ID and password to fill up Part-2 of the application form of SSC Stenographer.
- After filling up the application form, candidates need to preview the application form of the SSC Stenographer once to verify the entire data entered
- Click on the Final Submit button after verifying the entire online SSC Stenographer application form 2021.
- Candidates can download and get print copies of the submitted application form of SSC Stenographer 2021. Finally, submit the application fee for SSC Stenographer 2021 either via online mode or offline mode of fee payment. A candidate must pay Rs. 100/- as SSC Stenographer 2021 Online Application Fee.
SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips
- General Awareness Section: Learn from Static GK, awards and monuments, history, etc. Refer to GK Capsules to get acquainted with recent updates.
- English Language and Comprehension: Learn from our specially designed study notes for Comprehension and Vocabulary. Focus on error correction and reading comprehension to clear this section.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Search from the list of E-Books available on the Adda247 Store to learn about different topics asked in this section.
- Test Series: Give as many relevant Mock Test Series as you can to refine your preparation for SSC Stenographer 2021.
- Classroom Program: You can also select relevant courses from our Offline Classroom Program and enroll yourself today to accelerate your preparation for SSC Stenographer 2021.
SSC Stenographer Result
SSC will release the date for the Result of the SSC Stenographer Exam on its official site. The details Steno Result Date can be checked from the link.
- SSC Stenographer Result will be first declared for the Written Test which comprises the objective test.
- Candidates who clear the written exam will be eligible to appear for the shorthand skill test which will be qualifying in nature.
- The Result for Skill Test will be declared after the same has been conducted by the Staff Selection Commission of India.
SSC Stenographer 2021 Resolution of Tie Cases
In the event of a tie in scores of candidates in Tier-I examinations, merit will be decided by applying the following criteria, one after another, till the tie is resolved:
- Total marks in the Tier I Examination.
- Date of birth, with the older candidates, placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which the first names of the candidates appear.
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Cut Offs’
The cut-off for SSC Stenographer is given along with the result. You may have a look at the cut-off for the past years.
Candidates shortlisted for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2017: 8469
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2016 Cut Off (Written Exam)
SSC Stenographer Exam Center
SSC Stenographer 2021 will be conducted at various centers all across the country. The Exam centers are allotted as per the choice filled up by a candidate while filling out his/her SSC Stenographer form. The Skill Test will also be conducted at the various centers all across the country.
|Examination Centers &
|SSC Region and
States/ UTs under
the jurisdiction of
|Address of the Regional
Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) ,
|Central Region (CR)/
Bihar and Uttar
|Regional Director (CR),
21-23, Lowther Road,
(WB)(4403), Chinsurah (4405),
Sambalpur(4609), Port Blair (4802)
|Eastern Region (ER)/
The Nicobar Islands,
Sikkim and West
|Regional Director (ER),
1st MSO Building,(8th
|Regional Director (KKR),
The commission, 1st Floor,
“E” Wing, Kendriya
|Dy. Director (MPR),
J-5, Anupam Nagar,
|Northern Region (NR)/
NCT of Delhi,
|Regional Director (NR),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12,
CGO Complex, Lodhi
Road, New Delhi-110003
Dodda (1009), Hamirpur(1202),
Shimla(1203), Bathinda (1401),
and Kashmir and
|Dy. Director (NWR),
Block No. 3, Ground
Floor, Kendriya Sadan,
|Southern Region (SR)/
|Regional Director (SR),
Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK
College Road, Chennai,
Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),
Dadra and Nagar
Haveli, Daman and
Diu, Goa, Gujarat
|Regional Director (WR),
The commission,1st Floor,
101, Maharshi Karve
|Regional Director (NER),
Road, P. O. Assam
SSC Stenographer 2021 FAQ’s
Q 1. What is the syllabus for SSC Stenographer?
Ans. The written exam will have three sections, English (100 marks), Reasoning (50 marks), and General Awareness (50 marks)
Q 2. How many stages are there in SSC Stenographer Exam?
Ans. There are two stages for SSC Stenographer Exam. The 1st is the Computer-based test (CBT) and the 2nd is the shorthand skill test.
Q 3. What is the Selection Process For SSC Stenographer?
Ans. The candidate’s final selection will be based on the marks secured by him/her in the written test. However, he/she will have to qualify for the written test and the shorthand skill test.
Q 4. Is the SSC Stenographer Exam conducted online or offline?
Ans. The Exam will be conducted in online mode only.
Q 5. Is there any negative marking on the SSC Stenographer examination?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for wrong answers.
Q 6. What if I pass the CBT but do not qualify for the shorthand test? Will I be considered for the appointment?
Ans. No, you will have to qualify for the shorthand skill test to be eligible for the final appointment.
Q7. What is the exam date for SSC Steno 2021 Exam?
Ans. The dates of the SSC Steno 2021 Exam will be notified on the official website soon.