IBPS SO Syllabus 2022
IBPS SO Syllabus 2022: Candidates who are interested and eligible for this recruitment must kick start their preparation from today itself. To help you out we have discusses the updated IBPS SO Syllabus here, which will be of great help in strategizing your preparation. The syllabus is an important part of knowing the exam, a candidate is appearing for. This article explains the IBPS SO Syllabus for the following posts:
- Agriculture Officer
- Law Officer
- Marketing Officer
- Rajbhasha Adhikari
- HR/Personnel Officer
- IT Officer
The syllabus is different for each of the above-mentioned posts.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2022- Highlights
|IBPS SO Syllabus|
|Conducting body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Mode of IBPS SO 2022||Online (computer-based test)|
|Category||IBPS SO Syllabus|
|Selection Process||Prelims- Mains- Interview|
IBPS SO Syllabus 2022
While IBPS issues only the broad subjects, they can be further be sub-divided into individual topics, based on the questions that have appeared in the exams over the past few years. The IBPS SO syllabus is divided into two parts:
- IBPS SO Preliminary Exam Syllabus: This has four main sections Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, and General Awareness.
- IBPS SO Mains Exam Syllabus: Asks questions just from the specialized course that a candidate is proficient in.
It is important to note that the Specialized Section will be different for candidates applying for different posts through IBPS SO 2022 exam. A candidate is required to be fluent in his/her area of expertise or the Specialization Subjects. Let’s have a look at the detailed syllabus of the IBPS SO 2022 exam
IBPS SO 2022 Syllabus For Prelims
The first stage of IBPS SO is the Prelims Exam. The syllabus is quite different from the rest of the Bank Exams.
- Rajbhasha Adhikari Scale I officer will have to appear for the given subjects.
Reasoning Ability, English Language, and General Awareness with Special Reference to Banking Industry.
- The Specialist Officers (Agriculture Field Officer, Marketing Officer (Scale I), HR/Personnel Officer, IT Officer Scale I will appear for the given subjects.
Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language
|Reasoning Ability||English Language||Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness|
Apart from these common subjects asked for all the posts, candidates are required to have Professional Knowledge as well, which comes in the main part of the exam
IBPS SO Syllabus For Mains Exam
The IBPS SO Syllabus for the different posts is given below.
|IT Officer (Scale-I)|
|Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)|
|Marketing Officer (Scale-I)|
|Law Officer (Scale-I)|
|HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I)|
It is necessary for all the candidates applying for IBPS SO 2022 Exam to once go through the syllabus as mentioned in the IBPS SO notification released by IBPS to prepare judiciously for this exam.
IBPS SO Exam Pattern – Important Points
Candidates can check important points of the IBPS SO Exam Pattern of Prelims & Mains.
- The IBPS SO 2022 exam pattern for selecting candidates for Rajbhasha Adhikari Scale I and Law Officer is the same.
- The Exam Pattern for all the other posts is different from the exam pattern of the Law Officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari Officer.
- The Mains Examination will have just one section, i.e. of Professional Knowledge
- Only three sections will be asked in the Preliminary Exam of the IBPS SO 2022 Exam.
- For Rajbhasha Adhikari and Law Officer prelims, sections asked are English Language, Reasoning, and General Awareness.
- For other posts, sections asked are of English Language, Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The score of the Preliminary Exam will not be taken into consideration for the final selection. Cumulative score of Mains Exam and Interview process in the ratio of 80:20 will be taken into consideration for final allotment.
IBPS SO Syllabus, FAQs
Q. What are the posts for which I can apply for IBPS SO?
Ans. You can apply for the post of Agriculture Officer, Law Officer, Marketing Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, HR/Personnel Officer, and IT Officer depending upon your area of expertise.
Q. Is the IBPS SO Exam conducted online or offline?
A. The IBPS SO Exam will only be conducted online. Though the Interview will be taken Personally.
Q. What is the process or stages of selection as an IBPS SO?
A. The candidates will have to appear for the IBPS SO Prelims, Mains, and Interview. They will have to qualify for each stage of the IBPS SO Exam.
Q. What subjects/topics are asked in the IBPS SO Exam?
A. IBPS SO Prelims will have Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language and General Awareness section. While the IBPS SP Mains Exam will have questions from the specialized course that a candidate is proficient in.
Q.What is the exam pattern for the IBPS SO Exam?
A. The IBPS SO Prelims will be of 120 minutes of 125 marks. The IBPS SO Mains Exam will be of 120 marks of 1 hour 45 minutes.