Table of Contents
SBI PO 2024
The State Bank of India (SBI) organizes the SBI PO Recruitment 2024 Exams to select and appoint eligible candidates for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) in SBI branches. This is an annual exam that is conducted at the national level. This year, SBI is expected to release vacancies for more than 2000 PO posts. The SBI PO 2024 Selection process includes Prelims, Mains, Psychometric Test, Interview & GE. Candidates with a Graduation degree and no experience can apply for the post. The SBI PO 2024 Notification is expected to be released in August 2024.
In this article, we have provided the SBI PO 2024 Notification details, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, Cut Off, and Syllabus below.
SBI PO Recruitment 2024
State Bank of India is expected to notify 2000+ Probationary Officer vacancies and is going to recruit prospective candidates, who aspire to join the State Bank of India as Probationary Officers. The SBI PO Selection Process includes 3 stages- Prelims, Mains, and Interviews. Candidates have to qualify for all three stages to be selected for Probationary Officer posts in SBI branches. The table below contains all the highlights of the SBI PO 2024.
|SBI PO Recruitment 2024
|Name Of The Organization
|State Bank of India
|Name Of The Posts
|To be released
|To be released
|Prelims- Mains- Group Exercise & Interview
|Rs. 65,780- Rs. 68,580 / Month
SBI PO Notification 2024 PDF Link
Download SBI PO Notification PDF (Previous Year) (Link active)
SBI PO Recruitment 2024-Important Dates
The table below informs the important dates for the SBI PO exam, notification dates, and application form dates for SBI PO Recruitment 2024. Any new update regarding the SBI Recruitment 2024 will be shared here.
|SBI PO Activity
|SBI PO Notification 2024
|Online Registration Starts From
|Last date for SBI PO Apply Online
|Last Date to Pay Fee
|Last Date to Apply (Extended)
|Conduct of Pre- Examination Training
|SBI PO Prelims Exam Date 2024
|SBI PO Mains Exam Date 2024
|Phase-III: Psychometric Test
|Phase III: Interview (or Group Exercises)
|Declaration of Final Result
SBI PO Vacancy 2024
The details regarding the SBI PO Vacancy 2024 will be disclosed by the authorities along with SBI PO Notification 2024. In the year 2023, a total of 2,000 Probationary Officer vacancies were released for the FY 2023-24. Have a look at the category-wise vacancy for the year 2023 to get an idea about the upcoming vacancy.
|SBI PO Vacancy 2023
|SBI PO PwD Vacancy 2023
|d & e
*VI: Vision Impairment
*HI: Hearing Impairment
*LD: Learning Disabilities
SBI is a prestigious bank providing handsome salaries and job security to its employees which is one of the reasons lakhs of candidates rush for these recruitments. Candidates can directly apply for SBI PO 2024 from the link mentioned below after the link gets activated officially on the official website of SBI www.sbi.co.in. The SBI PO 2024 Application’s last date will be notified soon.
SBI PO 2024 Online Applications (Inactive)
SBI PO 2024 Application Fees
Fee/Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can they be held in reserve for any other examination or selection. The category-wise application fee for SBI PO 2024 is discussed below in the table.
|Rs. 750/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)
SBI PO 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Any candidate applying for SBI PO 2024 must fulfill the eligibility criteria which include fulfillment of the following as per the SBI PO Notification 2024
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
SBI PO Age Limit
The minimum age limit for a candidate to apply for the SBI PO 2023 examination is 21 years old but not more than 30 years old at the time of registration. Besides this, there is age relaxation relevant to category-wise candidates as per the government norms for SBI PO 2024.
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) (SC/ ST)
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) (OBC)
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) (Gen/EWS)
|Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency
Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers
(SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been
released on completion of assignment (including those whose
assignment is due to be completed within 6 months from the last date
of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or
discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability
attributable to military service or invalided.
SBI PO Nationality
- The candidates must hold Indian Citizenship
- A Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement
- A Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India
Note: Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favour if willing to apply for SBI PO 2024.
SBI PO Educational Qualification
- A candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Final Year/Semester candidates can also apply only if they produce proof of their graduation on the date of the interview.
SBI PO 2024- Number of Attempts
Category wise merit list will be drawn based on the aggregate marks scored in each stage of the SBI PO Exam. A candidate has to clear the SBI PO cut-off set by the Bank Officials for the final recruitment as SBI PO. Stay tuned with us for the latest update for SBI PO 2024. For each category, the number of attempts allowed in the SBI PO Exam is:
|No. of Attempts for SBI PO
|General (PwD)/ EWS (PwD)
|SC/SC (PwD)/ ST/ST (PwD)
SBI PO Recruitment 2024- Selection Process
The SBI PO Selection Procedure involves three phases: || Prelims | Main | Interview ||
Each round holds equal importance and hence qualification in each round is important to enter into the next subsequent round until final selection.
Stage 1: SBI PO Prelims
- The SBI PO Prelims Exam is the first basic round for candidates to test their general aptitude.
- SBI PO Prelims Exam is an online objective test of 1 hour.
- The Exam consists of 3 sections- English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- There will be no sectional cut-off in the SBI PO Prelims Exam.
- However, there will be an overall cut offset by the bank as per the category of the candidates.
- Candidates numbering 10 times the number of vacancies (approx.) in each category will be shortlisted for the Main Examination from the top of the above merit list.
Stage 2: SBI PO Mains
- The candidates who clear the SBI PO Pre will be eligible to appear for the SBI PO Mains Exam.
- The SBI PO Mains Exam comprises of Objective Test and a Descriptive Test.
- The SBI PO Mains Exam is of 4 sections (English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Computers, and General/Economy/Banking Awareness) which will be objective in nature.
- The descriptive test is of 50 marks and is conducted immediately after the objective test.
- Category category-wise merit list will be drawn based on the aggregate marks scored in the Main Examination.
- There will be no sectional cut-off.
- Candidates numbering up to 3 times (approx.) of the category-wise vacancies will be shortlisted for the Group Exercise & Interview from the top of the category-wise merit list subject to a candidate scoring the minimum aggregate qualifying score
Stage 3: SBI PO Group Exercises & Interview
Psychometric Test- The Bank may conduct a Psychometric test for personality profiling, of those candidates who will be shortlisted for Phase III. The findings of the test may be placed before the Interview panel to have a thorough perspective on the candidates.
This is the last stage of the selection process. The candidates who have qualified for the SBI Mains Exam will be called to appear for the Interview and Group Exercise. This round holds the utmost importance in deciding the fate of the candidate concerning the final selection. The marks obtained in the SBI Mains and Interview are used for the final selection of the candidate as an SBI PO.
SBI PO 2024 Exam Pattern
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2024 covers two phases for online exams, Prelims and mains. This will be followed by an interview.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
- This is the first round of the SBI PO Exam.
- This will have 3 sections and each section will have to be completed in 20 Minutes.
- The total marks of the SBI PO Prelims Exam are 100 Marks while the duration of the exam is 1 Hour.
- One (1) mark is awarded for every correct answer.
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 Marks for every incorrect answer marked by the candidate.
- All the questions will be set bilingually i.e. in English and Hindi, except the English Language.
|SBI PO 2024 Prelims Exam Pattern
|No. of Questions
for each test
SBI PO 2024 Syllabus
Here the syllabus for the SBI Prelims and SBI Mains is given below. Every stage of the exam is a very important stage in the selection process. So without knowing the SBI PO syllabus and exam pattern, you cannot make your study plan properly. Given below is the syllabus for all the stages of the SBI PO Exam 2024.
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2024
The SBI PO Prelims Syllabus comprises three sections:
- Logical Reasoning
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
The syllabus for each of the sections is presented below.
SBI PO 2024 Salary Structure
SBI PO offers a great salary and profile to candidates in public sector banks. Now, a Probationary officer is a job that has entry pay, which is higher than almost all jobs at any other govt bank job. The basic pay of SBI PO is Rs 41,960. The increments will be 41960-980 (7) – 48820 – 1145 (2) – 51110 – 1310 (7) – 60280.
Apart from the great salary package, the candidates will also be entitled to a no. of perks and allowances. The allowances received by an SBI PO are as follows:
SBI PO 2024: Admit Card
State Bank of India will release the SBI PO Admit Card 2024 on its official website @sbi.co.in for all candidates who have completed the application process for the SBI PO Recruitment 2024. SBI will separately release the admit cards of the Prelims, Mains, and Interviews of the SBI PO Exam. Firstly, admit cards will be released for the prelims exam, and those who qualify for the prelims exam their mains admit cards will be released separately by the SBI. For candidates who cleared the SBI PO Mains Exam a separate admit card will be released for the final Interview round of SBI PO 2024 Link to all the admit cards will be provided below. Candidates are advised to bookmark this page for the latest updates regarding SBI PO 2024.
SBI PO 2024 Exam Centre
- The candidates will have to select the exam center of their choice.
- The committee asks the candidate to select the center for both the preliminary as well as for the main exam.
- The applicants belonging to the SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates are called for free pre-exam training.
- The pre-exam training is conducted five days before the exam.
SBI PO 2024 Pre-Exam Training Centre
The applicants belonging to the SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates will be called for free pre-exam training. The list of Pre Exam Training Centres is given below. Candidates belonging to the above categories can avail of the activity at their own cost by indicating the same against the relevant column while applying online.
SBI PO 2024 Exam Preparation
Candidates should plan and strategize their SBI PO 2024 Exam Preparation beforehand. The SBI PO Exam Preparation should consist of many stages from book selection, to PYP analysis, to Online coaching, SBI PO Mock Tests, and revisions. For the convenience of the candidates, we have also shared the links to SBI PO Online Coaching and Mock Test below.