SBI Clerk Syllabus 2022
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2022: State Bank Of India has released SBI Clerk Syllabus 2022 along with the official notification. The SBI Clerk Syllabus 2022 plays an important role for the candidates in their preparation for the upcoming SBI Clerk 2022 exam consists of all the important topics that will be asked in the exam. The SBI Clerk Syllabus 2022 of prelims includes three main subjects namely- Reasoning Ability, Numerical Ability and English Language. There are four subjects included in the SBI Clerk Syllabus 2022 of Mains namely- General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude and General/Financial Awareness. Bookmark this article for all further updates regarding SBI Clerk Syllabus 2022.
SBI Clerk Exam comprises of two stages for the selection as SBI Clerk.
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
Prelims is a screening stage to select candidates for Mains Exam and the final selection will be done on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the SBI Mains Exam.
SBI Clerk Syllabus- Overview
Candidates should be well aware of the detailed SBI Clerk 2022 Syllabus so that they can make up their mind to prepare enthusiastically and strategically. Candidates can go through the overview table given below.
|SBI Clerk Syllabus 2022|
|Name of the Exam||SBI Clerk|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Language of Question||Bilingual except for the English Language|
|SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Date||12th, 19th, 20th and 25th November 2022|
|Nature of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|No. of Questions||
|Duration of Test||
SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2022 Out- Click to Download
SBI Clerk Prelims Cut Off 2022- Click to Check
SBI Clerk Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The SBI Clerk Syllabus comprises the topics for the two phases of the exam. The SBI Clerk syllabus for both stages is almost similar with a slight change in the SBI Clerk Mains Exam with the addition of an extra section of General Awareness.
Given below is the SBI clerk exam pattern 2022 in detail:
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
- The SBI Clerk Prelims Exam comprises 100 Marks with a duration of 1 hour.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/4 marks for each incorrect answer.
- There will be no minimum qualifying marks for the individual subject as well as for aggregate (overall)
- The candidates who score more than the cut-off marks for Prelims will be shortlisted for Mains Exam.
|Serial No.||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2023 – Click to Check
Highlights of SBI Clerk Exam
- The SBI Clerk Exam will comprise of Multiple Choice Questions in both Mains and Prelims.
- The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi.
- The SBI Clerk Result will be released separately for the Prelims and the Mains.
- The selection will totally depend on the marks obtained by the candidates in Mains Exam.
- There will be no interview round conducted for the selection of candidates for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2022.
SBI Clerk Handwritten Declaration- Click to Check
Detailed SBI Clerk Vacancy 2022 – Click to Check
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2022- Click to Check
SBI Clerk Syllabus for Prelims
As the notification for SBI Clerk 2022 has been released, the information about the prelims exam has been released along with the notification. SBI Clerk Syllabus for Prelims will have questions from aptitude in order to check a candidate’s knowledge and rationale.
The topics included are:
- Numerical Ability
- English Language
Topic-wise SBI Clerk Syllabus
SBI Clerk Syllabus- Logical Reasoning
|Ranking/ Direction/ Alphabet Test|
SBI Clerk Syllabus- Numerical Ability
|Profit & Loss|
|Mixtures & Alligations|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices|
|Work & Time|
|Time & Distance|
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere|
|Ratio & Proportion|
|Sequence & Series|
SBI Clerk Syllabus- English Language
|Fill in the blanks|
|Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting|
SBI Clerk Prelims Expected Cut Off 2022- Click to Check
SBI Clerk Exam Analysis 2022, 20 November 2nd Shift-Click to Check
SBI Clerk Exam Analysis 2022, 20 November 1st Shift-Click to Check
SBI Clerk Syllabus for Mains Exam
The SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus Topics are:
- General English
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Awareness
- General/Financial Awareness
|New Pattern Cloze Test|
|Old Sentence out cum Para Jumbles|
|Phrasal Verb Related Questions|
|Word Usage/Vocab Based Questions|
|Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart|
|Inequalities (Quadratic Equations, Quantity 1, Quantity 2)|
|Approximation & Simplification|
|Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems (HCF, LCM, Profit-Loss, SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Word & Time, Speed Distance & time, Probability, Mensuration, Permutation & Combination, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Problems on Boats and Stream, Problems on Trains, Mixture and Allegation, Pipes and Cisterns)|
General/Financial Awareness Syllabus
|Current Affairs – news on the banking industry, awards, and honours, books, and authors, latest appointments, obituaries, new schemes of central and state governments, sports, etc.|
|Static GK – country-capital, country-currency, headquarters of financial organizations (of insurance companies), constituencies of ministers, dance forms, nuclear and thermal power stations|
|Banking and Financial Awareness|
Reasoning Ability Syllabus
|Statement & Assumptions|
Computer Awareness Syllabus
|Generation of Computers|
How to Prepare for SBI Clerk 2022?
To prepare for SBI Clerk:
- First thing is to keep in mind that the competition there is as per the number of vacancies, cut off. The next step should be to know about the previous year’s trend of the questions asked along with the exam pattern of the particular exam.
- Make a list of topics for the exam you’re appearing for, using the syllabus. After this, you must list down the topics you need to devote time to decreasing order.
- Practice Mock Tests regularly which are available on adda247.com.
- You may visit bankersadda for updates on current affairs which will be helpful.
- Preparation should involve completing all the tasks (topics) in a complete manner, wherein at the end, you are able to answer all types of questions of each level. The difficulty level of the exam needs to be covered too.
|SBI Clerk Salary 2022||SBI Clerk Previous Year Question Paper|
|SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2022||SBI Clerk Previous Year Cut Off|
SBI Clerk Syllabus- FAQs
Q1. What is the syllabus for SBI Clerk 2022?
Ans. Ans. There will be 3 sections in SBI Clerk Prelims and 4 sections in the SBI Clerk Mains. The Exam will have Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and English Language as common in Prelims and Mains. The Mains will have a new section called General Awareness.
Q2. What is the Mark Distribution for SBI Clerk Exam?
Ans. The SBI Clerk Prelims Exam will be of 100 marks and the Mains Exam will be of 200 marks.
Q3. Is there a sectional cut-off for SBI Clerk Exam 2022?
Ans. No, there is not a sectional cut-off for the SBI Clerk Mains and Prelims.
Q4. Is there a negative marking for SBI Clerk Exam 2022?
Ans. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
Q5. What is the probation period after becoming an SBI Clerk?
Ans. The probation period for an SBI Clerk will be of 6 months.