SBI PO Syllabus 2022
SBI PO Syllabus 2022: The SBI PO Syllabus 2022 has been released along with the SBI PO Notification 2022 for 1673 vacancies. The time has come that the candidates aspiring for SBI PO should boost their preparation. Here we have provided the latest revised SBI PO Syllabus for Prelims & Mains Exam. This year SBI has made changes in the Mains Exam pattern by increasing the weightage in the General Awareness section. The candidates preparing for SBI PO can get some guidance regarding the SBI PO Syllabus. Every year lakhs of students apply for the post of PO in SBI which makes the competition hard and the SBI PO exam harder to crack. If you want to excel in the SBI PO exam, then prepare according to the latest SBI PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern. This will help you to escalate your preparation for SBI PO in the right direction.
The selection for the post of SBI PO is based on 3 tiers:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Psychometric Test
- Final Selection
The SBI Prelims and Mains Exams are conducted online only. Prelims Exam is the screening test for selecting candidates for the Mains exam. It is compulsory to pass each of the Tests. Let’s have a look at the detailed SBI PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern.
SBI PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Overview
The SBI PO Syllabus for the Prelims and the Mains Exam is almost the same. There is only a slight change in the Mains Section with two extra sections added i.e. General and Banking Awareness. However, the level of difficulty of the SBI PO Mains Paper is a little higher than the Prelims.
|SBI PO Syllabus 2022|
|Exam Conducting Body||State Bank of India (SBI)|
|Post||Probationary Officer (PO)|
|Notification Date||21st September 2022|
SBI PO Exam
|Duration of Exam||
|Marking scheme||1 mark each for every correct answer in Online Test|
|Negative marking||1/4th of the marks assigned to the question in MCQ|
|Mode of Examination||Online For Paper I and Paper II|
|Language of examination||English OR Hindi
English Language paper has to be attempted in English.
SBI PO Exam Pattern For Prelims
The SBI PO Prelims Exam will have 3 sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
The Time Duration for the Prelims Exam of SBI PO will be 1 hour.
|SBI PO Exam Pattern 2022: Prelims|
|S.No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted
for each test
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Highlights of SBI PO Prelims Exam
The following points are the highlights of the SBI PO Prelims Exam:
- There will be three sections.
- Category-wise merit list will be drawn based on the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Exam.
- There will be no sectional cut-off. However, there will be an overall cut off.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
SBI PO Syllabus For Prelims Exam
The preliminary examination of the SBI PO exam comprises Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language. The complete detail of the heading and sub-heading of the sections asked in the Preliminary Exam of the SBI PO exam is discussed below:
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Sentence Improvement|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems||Word Association|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series||Error Spotting|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability||Verbal Ability|
SBI PO Exam Pattern For Mains
Candidates meeting the required Cut off in SBI Prelims will be eligible to appear for the Mains Exam. The syllabus for SBI PO Mains is quite similar to the IBPS PO Exam. There is changes in the Mains Section with an increase in the weightage of General Economy/ Banking Awareness and the duration of the test will be 3 hours.
The Descriptive Test has a duration of 30 minutes with a score of 50 marks. This test is conducted to test the writing skills of candidates via Letter Writing & Essay Writing.
|SBI PO Exam Pattern 2022: Mains|
|S.No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||50 minutes|
|2||General Economy/ Banking Awareness||50||60||45 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||30||50||45 minutes|
(Letter Writing & Essay)
Highlights of SBI PO Mains Exam
The following points are the highlights of the SBI PO Mains Exam:
- All the questions will be objective in nature.
- This Mains paper will have four sections of a total of 200 marks.
- The duration of the SBI PO Mains Exam will be 3 hours.
- The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
- There will be no sectional cut off. There will be only an overall cut off.
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for every incorrect Multiple Choice Question.
- The Descriptive Paper of 50 marks is compulsory to attempt.
Note: Descriptive paper of a candidate will be checked only if they qualify in the Objective test as per the qualifying marks decided by the Bank.
SBI PO Syllabus PDF For Mains Exam
The Mains Examination of SBI PO exam comprises 4 sections:
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- General/Economy/Banking Awareness
- English Language
- The SBI PO Mains syllabus comprises a descriptive test as well. The descriptive test consists of two questions, one letter writing and one essay each of 25 marks making a total of 50 marks.
- Candidates need to score passing marks in the descriptive test as well to qualify for the SBI PO mains exam.
The complete syllabus is discussed below:
SBI PO Syllabus: Data Analysis
The following topics are covered under the Data Analysis section:
- Tabular Graph,
- Line Graph,
- Pie Chart,
- Bar Graph,
- Radar Graph Case-let,
- Missing Case DI,
- Let it Case DI,
- Data Sufficiency,
- Permutation and Combination
SBI PO Syllabus: Reasoning
The following topics are covered under the Reasoning section:
- Verbal Reasoning,
- Circular Seating Arrangement,
- Linear Seating Arrangement,
- Double Lineup,
- Blood Relations,
- Directions and Distances,
- Ordering and Ranking,
- Data Sufficiency,
- Coding and Decoding,
- Coded Inequalities,
- The course of Action,
- Critical Reasoning,
- Analytical and Decision Making
SBI PO Syllabus: English Language
The following topics are covered under the English Language section:
- Reading Comprehension,
- Verbal Ability,
- Word Association,
- Sentence Improvement,
- Para Jumbles,
- Cloze Test,
- Error Spotting,
- Fill in the blanks
SBI PO Syllabus: General Awareness/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
The following topics are covered under the Economy section:
- Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge
- Static Awareness
- Banking and Financial Awareness
SBI PO Syllabus: Computer Aptitude
The following topics are covered under the Computer Aptitude section:
- Keyboard Shortcuts,
- Computer Abbreviation,
- Microsoft Office,
- Computer Hardware,
- Computer Software,
- Operating System,
- Computer Fundamentals/ Terminologies,
SBI PO Phase III
Psychometric Test- The Bank may conduct Psychometric test for personality profiling, of those candidates who will be shortlisted for Phase-III. Finding of the test may be placed before the Interview panel for having a thorough perspective on the candidates.
This is the final stage of selection for successful candidates who qualify for the first two phases of the SBI PO exam. The Group Discussion accounts for 20 marks while the Interview is for 30 marks.
- The aggregate marks of all the candidates clearing both the Objective Tests and Descriptive tests will be arranged in descending order in each category.
- The decided number of candidates in each category, as governed by the Bank will be called for Group Exercises and interviews.
- The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
SBI PO 2022 Final Selection
The final score for the SBI PO Exam is calculated keeping the below points in mind:
- Marks secured in the Preliminary Exam (Phase-1) will not be considered for selection
- Candidates must qualify for Phase-2 and Phase-3 separately to be eligible
- Marks secured by the candidates in the SBI PO Mains Exam (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25. This makes the new total score (Mains + GD/PI) to be 100
- The aggregate score out of 100 is used for the final merit list for each category. Candidates with top merit rank in each category are finally selected.
SBI PO Exam 2022: Preparation
The candidates appearing for the SBI PO Exam 2022 must follow the preparation tips given below:
- To get through the SBI PO Exam 2022, one needs to practice as many mock test papers as possible. Regular practice helps you make you realize your mistakes and comprehend their performance.
- Take a tour at adda247.com to get SBI PO Online Classes, Books, Videos, Mock Test Papers to become an SBI PO.
- Solving SBI PO previous year papers can also be of great help to candidates. Previous year papers will let candidates understand the exact exam pattern based on the SBI PO syllabus for both prelims and mains exams.
- At adda247.com, you can even solve SBI PO Papers in Hindi as well.
- Candidates should also read newspapers, magazines, and journals to boost their communication and grammatical skills. This will also help in the general awareness, Descriptive Paper, Interview in the SBI PO Exam.
|SBI PO Previous Year Question Papers||SBI PO Cut Off (Previous Year)|
|SBI PO Salary 2022|
SBI PO Syllabus 2022- FAQs
Q1. What is the marking scheme for SBI PO Syllabus 2022?
Ans. There will be three sections: Prelims, Mains, GD, and PI. Prelims will be of 100 marks, Mains of 250 marks including the Descriptive Test while GD & PI will be of 20 and 30 marks respectively.
Q2. Is there a negative marking in SBI PO 2022 Exam?
Ans. Yes, 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty to arrive at a corrected score.
Q3. What is the structure of the SBI PO Descriptive Test?
Ans. The description test is based on the English Language, in which a candidate has to write a Letter and an Essay for 50 Marks.
Q4. What are the criteria for final selection as an SBI PO?
Ans. The final selection will be made based on the marks secured in the SBI PO Mains and GD & PI.
Q5. What kind of topics will be asked for SBI PO GD and PI?
Ans. The topics will cover the issues of burning issues of national and international interest. The topics can be related to NPI, Natural Calamity, Women Empowerment, Digitization, etc.
Q6. How can I prepare for SBI PO Exam Online?
Ans. You can study online by visiting adda247.com You will get video lectures, E-books, Books, and other materials as well.