SBI PO Syllabus 2023
The State Bank of India has released the notification for the SBI PO 2023 for 2000 vacancies. Candidates who have applied for the SBI PO Recruitment 2023 should now start preparing for the SBI PO 2023 exam as not much time is left for the exam and the competition is very tough. To start with the preparation for SBI PO 2023 or to excel in the preparation, candidates need to be very sure about the SBI PO 2023 Syllabus. Candidates can go through this article to get the details of the SBI PO 2023 Syllabus and detailed Exam Pattern for both Prelims and Mains.
SBI PO Syllabus 2023- Overview
The SBI PO Prelims Exam 2023 will be held on the 1st, 4th, and 6th of November 2023, and the SBI PO Mains in December 2023/January 2024. The SBI PO Syllabus for the Prelims and the Mains Exam is almost the same. There is only a slight change in the Mains Section with two extra sections added i.e. General and Banking Awareness. However, the level of difficulty of the SBI PO Mains Paper is a little higher than the Prelims.
|SBI PO Syllabus 203|
|Exam Conducting Body||State Bank of India (SBI)|
|Post||Probationary Officer (PO)|
SBI PO Exam
|Duration of Exam||
|Marking scheme||1 mark each for every correct answer in the Online Test|
|Negative marking||1/4th of the marks assigned to the question in MCQ|
|Mode of Examination||Online For Paper I and Paper II|
|Language of examination||English OR Hindi
English Language paper has to be attempted in English.
SBI PO Syllabus 2023 for Prelims and Mains
The time has come that the candidates aspiring for SBI PO should boost their preparation with the SBI PO Syllabus as SBI has released over 2000 vacancies for the SBI PO 2023 recruitment. Here we have provided the latest revised SBI PO Syllabus for Prelims & Mains Exam. The candidates preparing for SBI PO can get some guidance regarding the SBI PO Syllabus. If you want to excel in the SBI PO exam, then prepare according to the latest SBI PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
The selection for the post of SBI PO is based on 3 tiers:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Psychometric Test
- Final Selection
The SBI Prelims and Mains Exams are conducted online only. The preliminary exam is the screening test for selecting candidates for the main exam. It is compulsory to pass each of the Tests. Let’s have a look at the detailed SBI PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
SBI PO Exam Pattern For Prelims 2023
The SBI PO Prelims Exam will have 3 sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
|SBI PO Exam Pattern 2023: Prelims|
|S.No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted
for each test
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Highlights of the SBI PO Prelims Exam 2023
The following points are the highlights of the SBI PO Prelims Exam:
- There will be three sections.
- Category-wise merit list will be drawn based on the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Exam.
- There will be no sectional cut-off. However, there will be an overall cut-off.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
SBI PO Syllabus For Prelims Exam 2023
The preliminary examination of the SBI PO exam comprises Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language. The complete details of the heading and sub-heading of the sections asked in the Preliminary Exam of the SBI PO exam are discussed below:
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Sentence Improvement|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems||Word Association|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series||Error Spotting|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability||Verbal Ability|
SBI PO Exam Pattern For Mains 2023
Candidates meeting the required cut-off in SBI Prelims will be eligible to appear for the Mains Exam. There are changes in the Mains Section with an increase in the weightage of General Economy/ Banking Awareness and the duration of the test will be 3 hours.
The Descriptive Test has a duration of 30 minutes with a score of 50 marks. This test is conducted to test the writing skills of candidates via Letter Writing and essay Writing.
|SBI PO Exam Pattern 2023: Mains|
|S.No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||50 minutes|
|2||General Economy/ Banking Awareness||50||60||45 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||30||50||45 minutes|
(Letter Writing & Essay)
Highlights of the SBI PO Mains Exam
The following points are the highlights of the SBI PO Mains Exam:
- All the questions will be objective in nature.
- This main paper will have four sections for a total of 200 marks.
- The duration of the SBI PO Mains Exam will be 3 hours.
- The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
- There will be no sectional cut-off. There will be only an overall cut-off.
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for every incorrect Multiple Choice Question.
- The Descriptive Paper of 50 marks is compulsory to attempt.
Note: The descriptive paper of a candidate will be checked only if they qualify in the Objective test as per the qualifying marks decided by the Bank.
SBI PO Syllabus For Mains Exam 2023
The Mains Examination of the SBI PO exam comprises 4 sections:
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- General/Economy/Banking Awareness
- English Language
- The SBI PO Mains syllabus comprises a descriptive test as well. The descriptive test consists of two questions, one letter writing and one essay each of 25 marks making a total of 50 marks.
- Candidates need to score passing marks in the descriptive test as well to qualify for the SBI PO mains exam.
The complete syllabus is discussed below:
SBI PO Syllabus: Data Analysis
The following topics are covered under the Data Analysis section:
- Tabular Graph,
- Line Graph,
- Pie Chart,
- Bar Graph,
- Radar Graph Case-let,
- Missing Case DI,
- Let it Case DI,
- Data Sufficiency,
- Permutation and Combination
SBI PO Syllabus: Reasoning
The following topics are covered under the Reasoning section:
- Verbal Reasoning,
- Circular Seating Arrangement,
- Linear Seating Arrangement,
- Double Lineup,
- Blood Relations,
- Directions and Distances,
- Ordering and Ranking,
- Data Sufficiency,
- Coding and Decoding,
- Coded Inequalities,
- The course of Action,
- Critical Reasoning,
- Analytical and Decision Making
SBI PO Syllabus: English Language
The following topics are covered under the English Language section:
- Reading Comprehension,
- Verbal Ability,
- Word Association,
- Sentence Improvement,
- Para Jumbles,
- Cloze Test,
- Error Spotting,
- Fill in the blanks
SBI PO Syllabus: General Awareness/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
The following topics are covered under the Economy section:
- Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge
- Static Awareness
- Banking and Financial Awareness
SBI PO Syllabus: Computer Aptitude
The following topics are covered under the Computer Aptitude section:
- Keyboard Shortcuts,
- Computer Abbreviation,
- Microsoft Office,
- Computer Hardware,
- Computer Software,
- Operating System,
- Computer Fundamentals/ Terminologies,
SBI PO Phase 3 2023
Psychometric Test- The Bank may conduct a Psychometric test for personality profiling, of those candidates who will be shortlisted for Phase III. The findings of the test may be placed before the Interview panel to have a thorough perspective on the candidates.
This is the final stage of selection for successful candidates who qualify for the first two phases of the SBI PO exam. The Group Discussion accounts for 20 marks while the Interview is for 30 marks.
- The aggregate marks of all the candidates clearing both the Objective Tests and Descriptive tests will be arranged in descending order in each category.
- The decided number of candidates in each category, as governed by the Bank will be called for Group Exercises and interviews.
- The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
SBI PO 2023 Final Selection
The final score for the SBI PO Exam is calculated keeping the below points in mind:
- Marks secured in the Preliminary Exam (Phase-1) will not be considered for selection
- Candidates must qualify for Phase-2 and Phase-3 separately to be eligible
- Marks secured by the candidates in the SBI PO Mains Exam (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25. This makes the new total score (Mains + GD/PI) to be 100
- The aggregate score out of 100 is used for the final merit list for each category. Candidates with top merit rank in each category are finally selected.
SBI PO Exam 2023: Preparation
The candidates appearing for the SBI PO Exam 2023 must follow the preparation tips given below:
- To get through the SBI PO Exam 2023, one needs to practice as many mock test papers as possible. Regular practice helps you make you realize your mistakes and comprehend their performance.
- Take a tour at adda247.com to get SBI PO Online Classes, Books, Videos, and Mock Test Papers to become an SBI PO.
- Solving SBI PO previous year papers can also be of great help to candidates. Previous year papers will let candidates understand the exact exam pattern based on the SBI PO syllabus for both prelims and mains exams.
- At adda247.com, you can even solve SBI PO Papers in Hindi as well.
- Candidates should also read newspapers, magazines, and journals to boost their communication and grammatical skills. This will also help in the general awareness, Descriptive Paper, and Interview in the SBI PO Exam.