IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023: The candidates willing to apply for IBPS SO 2023 must ensure that they fulfill the minimum IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023 before initiating the IBPS SO online application form. The IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023 are different for different positions for which the candidates are selected through IBPS SO 2023 Exam. There are mainly three parameters of IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria that include nationality, age limit, and educational qualification on which a candidate is judged to be eligible for the IBPS CRP SPL – XII Exam. Candidates can check all the IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023 for different posts in IBPS SO 2023 below.
IBPS SO Nationality/ Citizenship
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023: A candidate willing to apply for IBPS SO 2023 must be from one of the below-listed categories:
- A Citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refugee living in India before 1st January 1962
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam.
IBPS SO Age Limit (as on 01/11/2023)
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023: The candidates who are interested in applying for the IBPS SO 2023 recruitment must be minimum of 20 years and must not exceed 30 years of age. Check the post-wise IBPS SO Age Limit from the table given below.
|Post Code||Name of the Post||Age limit|
|01||I.T. Officer (Scale I)||Min – 20 years
Max – 30 years
|02||Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)||Min – 20 years
Max – 30 years
|03||Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)||Min – 20 years
Max – 30 years
|04||Law Officer (Scale I)||Min – 20 years
Max – 30 years
|05||HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)||Min – 20 years
Max – 30 years
|06||Marketing Officer (Scale I)||Min – 20 years
Max – 30 years
Though candidates belonging to reserved categories are rewarded age relaxation by the Government of India. The category wise age relaxation given to candidates for the post of IBPS SO is discussed below:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||3 years|
|Person with Disability (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/Commissioned Officers including ECOS (Emergency Commissioned Officers)/ SSCOs (Short Service Commissioned Officers) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of Assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 1 year from last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by the way of dismissal/discharge on the account of misconduct/inefficiency/physical disability attributable to military service||5 years|
|Person affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Click here to check IBPS SO Exam Pattern 2023
IBPS SO Educational Qualification (as on 21/11/2023)
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023: IBPS SO Recruits candidates for various posts like that of I.T. Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, HR/Personnel Officer, Marketing Officer, etc. The IBPS SO educational qualification is different for all these different posts. These minimum educational qualifications must be from a university/ institution/ board recognized by the Government of India/ approved by Government regulatory bodies.
|Post Code||Post Name||Educational Qualification|
|01||I.T. Officer (Scale I)||1)Four years of engineering/Technology degree in Computer Science/IT/Computer Application/Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electronics and Telecommunication/ Electronics and Instrumentation
2) Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science/IT/Computer Application/Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electronics and Telecommunication/ Electronics and Instrumentation
Graduates having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level exam
|02||Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)||4 years graduation degree in agriculture/ Horticulture/ Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science/ dairy Science/ Agricultural engineering/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture/ Agri Marketing and cooperation/ Co-Operation and Banking/ Agro-Forestry|
|03||Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)||Post Graduate in Hindi with English as a subject at the graduation or degree level
Post Graduate Degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as a subject at graduation level
|04||Law Office (Scale I)||A bachelor’s degree in Law and enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council|
|05||HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)||Graduate and Full Time Post Graduate Degree or Full time Diploma in Personnel Management/ Industrial Relation/ HR/ HRD/ Social Work/ Labour Law|
|06||Marketing Officer (Scale I)||Graduate and Full Time MMS (Marketing)/ MBA (Marketing)/Full time PGDBA/ PGDBM with specialization in Marketing|
Click here to check IBPS SO Syllabus 2023
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023, Points to Remember
- . No equivalent educational qualification shall be considered as eligible by IBPS or Participating Banks.
- For posts other than IT Officer Scale I: Candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/ Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/ College/ Institute.
- The candidates can apply for single posts only. Multiple applications by a candidate will be rejected.
Guidelines for EWS (Economically Weaker Section)
- For persons who are not covered under the existing scheme of reservations to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes and whose family has a gross annual income below Rs.8.00 lakh (Rupees eight lakh only) are to be identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation. The income shall include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession etc. and it will be income for the financial year prior to the year of application.
- Those who have any of the following assets will be excluded from getting the benefit of EWS category reservation.
- 5 acres of Agricultural Land and above
- Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above
- Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities
- Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
The property held by a “Family” in different locations or different places / cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status. The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority. The Income and Asset Certificate issued by any one of the Authorities as notified by the Government of India in the prescribed format shall only be accepted as proof of the candidate’s claim as belonging to EWS.
The term “Family” for this purpose will include the person who seeks the benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years. The instructions issued by the Government of India in this regard from time to time shall be adhered to.
Disclaimer: EWS Vacancies are tentative and subject to further directives of the Government of India and the outcome of any litigation. These guidelines are subject to change in terms of GOI guidelines/ clarifications, if any, from time to time.
|IBPS SO 2023 Important Links|
|IBPS SO Salary 2023||IBPS SO Exam Date 2023|
|IBPS SO Mains Score Card 2023||IBPS SO Mains Cut Off 2023|