Indian Coast Guard Navik GD Syllabus 2021
Indian Coast Guard Navik GD Syllabus 2021: Indian Coast Guard, Ministry of Defence, is recruiting GD Navik, DB Navik and Yantrik. The candidates have to pass the selection procedure to get selected for their desired jobs and the syllabus is the most important part to crack the written exam. Here in this article, we have provided the detailed Indian Coast Guard Navik GD Syllabus 2021 for your help to score good marks in the exam.
Clearing of Stage-I, II, III, IV and satisfactory performance in training is compulsory for recruitment in ICG. All candidates will be compulsorily subjected to biometric, photo identification and document verification during stage-I, II, III & IV of the selection procedure. The details of various stages are detailed below in the article. The candidates preparing for upcoming Indian Coast Guard Recruitments must be aware of the updated exam pattern and syllabus.
Indian Coast Guard Navik GD Syllabus: Selection Process
Here is the selection process or the different stages while selecting candidates for the post of Navik DB, GD, Yantrik, electrical, electronics and mechanical.
- Scrutiny of the Application Form
- Submission of Documents and Verification
- Written Test
- Physical Fitness Test & Medical Test
- Job Training
- Final Selection
Indian Coast Guard Navik GD Syllabus 2021: Exam Pattern
The candidates willing to apply or who have already applied for the Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2021, Yantrik posts can go through the complete exam pattern before proceeding to the detailed syllabus below in the article. It is to be noted that passing in all the sections individually is mandatory where there are 2 sections.
|SI.No.||Posts||Written Test||Max. Marks||Passing Marks||Time|
|1||Navik (DB)||Section (I)||60||30(UR/EWS/OBC)
|2||Navik (GD)||Section (I+II)||110||30+20=50(UR/EWS/OBC)
|3||Yantrik (Electrical)||Section (I+III)||110||30+20=50(UR/EWS/OBC)
|4||Yantrik (Electronics)||Section (I+IV)||110||30+20=50(UR/EWS/OBC)
|5||Yantrik (Mechanical)||Section (I+V)||100||30+20=50(UR/EWS/OBC)
Indian Coast Guard Navik GD Syllabus 2021: Syllabus
Indian Coast Guard Navik GD Syllabus 2021 is also divided into different sections as it is given in the Exam Pattern. Given below is the Section 1 syllabus of Maths, Science, Reasoning, English and General Awareness.
Navik DB syllabus
In the Indian Coast Guard Navik DB Syllabus 2021 only section 1 see included and the syllabus for the same is given below:
Mathematics, Science and Reasoning syllabus for section 1
|Mathematical Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Algebraic Identities, Linear Equations and Polynomials, Simultaneous Equations, Basic Trigonometry||Nature of Matter, Universe (Planets / Earth/Satellites/Sun), Electricity and its application||Spatial, Numerical Reasoning and|
|Simple Mensuration, Geometry, Measures of Central Tendency (Average, Median and Mode)||Force and Gravitation, Newton’s Laws Of Motion, Work, Energy and Power||Associative Ability, Coding and Decoding.|
|Interest, Profit, Loss and Percentage, Work, Time, Speed and Distance||Heat, Temperature, Metals and Non-Metals, Carbon and its Compounds, Measurements in Science, Sound and Wave Motion, Atomic Structure||Sequences, Spellings Unscrambling|
English and General awareness syllabus for section 1
|Passage, Preposition, Correction of sentences, Change active to passive/passive to active voice.||Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland, Harbours|
|Change direct to indirect/indirect to direct, Verbs, Tense, Punctuation.||Culture and Religion, Freedom Movement, Important National Facts about India, Heritage, Arts and Dance|
|Substituting phrasal verbs for expression, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of difficult words.||History, Defence, Wars and Neighbours, Awards and Authors, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition|
|Use of adjectives, Compound prepositions, Use of pronouns.||Current Affairs, Languages, Capitals and Currencies, Common Names, Full Forms and Abbreviations|
|Sports: Championships / Winners /Terms / Number of Players|
|Eminent Personalities, National Bird/Animal/Sport/Flower/Anthem/ Song/ Flag/Mountains|
Navik GD syllabus
In the Indian Coast Guard Navik GD Syllabus 2021, the exam includes two parts which are Section 1 as well as section 2. The section 1 syllabus will be the same as the Navik BD post and Section 2 is given below:
|Physical-world and measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power. Newtons laws and applications, circular motion.||Sets, Relations and Functions –
Set, Relations and Functions trigonometric functions.
Algebra – Principle of Mathematical induction, complex numbers and quadratic equations, linear inequalities, permutation and combinations, binomial theory, sequence and series, Matrices, determinants.
Vector And Three Dimensional
Geometry – Vectors, and three-dimensional geometry
|Motion of System of particles and rigid body, gravitation, Property of Bulk Matter, thermodynamics, behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory, Oscillation and Waves.||Coordinate Geometry – Straight lines, conic section, introduction to three-dimensional geometry.
Calculus – Limits and derivatives, Continuity and differentiability, Applications and derivatives, Integrals, applications of the integrals, differential equations.
|Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of current and magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and alternating currents, Electromagnetic Waves.||Mathematical Reasoning
Probability – Statistics, Probability. Mathematical Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Algebraic Identities, Linear Equations and Polynomials, Simultaneous Equations, Basic Trigonometry
|Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and radiation, Atom and Nuclei||Relations And Functions – Relations and Functions, inverse trigonometric functions. Simple Mensuration, Geometry, Measures of Central Tendency (Average, Median and Mode|
|Electronic devices, Communicating systems|
Yantrik (Electrical) Syllabus
In the Indian Coast Guard Yantrik electrical Syllabus 2021, while preparing for Yantrik Electrical the candidate must be aware of the fact that both Section 1 and section 3 will be asked. Section 1 is the same as above and section 3 is given below:
- Basic concepts- Concepts of resistance, inductance, capacitance, and various factors affecting them. Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units
- Circuit law- Kirchhoff‘s law, Simple Circuit solution using network theorems.
- Magnetic Circuit- Concepts of flux, EMF, reluctance, Different kinds of magnetic materials, Magnetic calculations for conductors of different configurations e.g. straight, circular, solenoidal, etc. Electromagnetic induction, self and mutual induction.
- AC Fundamentals- Instantaneous, peak, R.M.S. and average values of alternating waves, Representation of sinusoidal waveform, simple series and parallel AC Circuits consisting of R.L. and C, Resonance, Tank Circuit. Poly Phase system – star and delta connection, 3 phase power, DC and sinusoidal response of R-Land R-C circuit.
- Measurement and measuring instruments- Measurement of power (1 phase and 3 phase, both active and re-active) and energy, 2 wattmeter method of 3 phase power measurement. Measurement of frequency and phase angle. Ammeter and voltmeter (both moving oil and moving iron type), extension of range wattmeter, Multimeters, Megger, Energy meter AC Bridges. Use of CRO, Signal Generator, CT, PT and their uses. Earth Fault detection.
- Electrical Machines- (a) D.C. Machine (b) 1 phase and 3 phase transformers (c) 3 phase induction motors
- Synchronous Machines- Generation of 3-phase e.m.f. armature reaction, voltage regulation, parallel operation of two alternators, synchronizing, control of active and reactive power. Starting and applications of synchronous motors.
- Generation, Transmission and Distribution- Different types of power stations, Load factor, diversity factor, demand factor, cost of generation, inter-connection of power stations. Power factor improvement, various types of tariffs, types of faults, short circuit current for symmetrical faults. Switchgears and Protection.
- Estimation And Costing- Estimation of lighting scheme, electric installation of machines and relevant IE rules. Earthing practices and IE Rules.
- Utilization of Electrical Energy- Illumination, Electric heating, Electric welding, Electroplating, Electric drives and motors. Basic Electronics.
Yantrik (Electronics) Syllabus
In the Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Electronics Syllabus 2021, the syllabus for Yantrik electronics includes section 1 and section 4. Section 1 is the same while section 4 is given below:
- Basic concepts – Concepts of resistance, inductance, capacitance, and various factors affecting them. Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units.
- Electronic Components & Materials – Conductors, Semi conductor& Insulators; Magnetic materials; Jointing & Cleaning materials for U/G copper cable & OFC; Cells and Batteries (chargeable and non-chargeable); Relays, Switches, MCB & Connectors.
- Electronic Devices and Circuits – PN Junction diodes, thyristor; Diode and triode circuits; Junction Transistors; Amplifiers; Oscillator; Multivibrator, counters; Rectifiers; Inverter and UPS.
- Digital Electronics – Number System & Binary codes; Boolean Algebra & Logic gates; Combinational & Sequential logic circuits; A/D & D/A converter, counters; Memories.
- Linear Integrated Circuit – Introduction to operational Amplifier; Linear applications; Non-Linear applications; Voltage regulators; Timers; Phase lock loop.
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller – Introduction to microprocessor, 8085 microprocessor working; Assembly Language programming; Peripherals & other microprocessors; Microcontrollers.
- Electronic Measurements – Measuring systems; Basic principles of measurement; Range Extension methods; Cathode ray oscilloscope, LCD, LED panel; Transducers
- Communication Engineering – Introduction to communication; Modulation techniques; Multiplexing Techniques; Wave Propagation, Transmission line characteristics, OFC; Fundamentals of Public Address systems, Electronic exchange, Radar, Cellular and Satellite Communication.
- Data communication and Network – Introduction to data communication; Hardware and interface; Introduction to Networks and Networking devices; Local Area Network and Wide area network; Internetworking.
- Computer Programming – Programming concepts; Fundamentals of ‘C’ and C ++; Operators in ‘C’ and C ++; Control Statements; Functions, Array String & Pointers, File Structure; Data Structure and DBMS.
- Basic Electrical Engineering – DC Circuits; AC fundamentals; Magnetic, Thermal and Chemical effects of Electric current; Earthing – Installation, Maintenance, Testing.
Yantrik (Mechanical) Syllabus
In the yantrik mechanical syllabus there will be again two sections which are section 1 and section 5. Section 1 is same and section 5 is given below:
- Engineering Mechanics- Resolution of forces, Equilibrium and Equilibrant, parallelogram law of forces, triangle law of forces, polygon law of forces and Lami’s theorem, couple and moment of a couple, calculation of moment of inertia and radius of gyration of (a) I-Section (b) channel section (c) T-Section (d) L-Section (Equal & unequal lengths) (e) Z-Section (f) Built-up sections (simple cases only)
- Material Science- Mechanical properties of engineering materials – tensile strength, compressive strength, ductility, malleability, hardness, toughness, brittleness, impact strength, fatigue, creep resistance. Classification of steels, mild steel and alloy steels. Importance of heat treatment. Heat treatment processes – annealing, normalizing, hardening, tempering, carburizing, nitriding and cyaniding.
- Strength of Materials- Stress, strain, stress-strain diagram, factor of safety, thermal stresses, strain energy, proof resilience and modulus of resilience. Shear force and bending moment diagram – cantilever beam, simply supported beam, continuous beam, fixed beam. Torsion in shafts and springs, thin cylinder shells.
- Machining- Working principle of the lathe. Types of lathes – Engine lathe – construction details and specifications. Nomenclature of single point cutting tool, geometry, tool signature, functions of tool angles. General and special operations – (Turning, facing, taper turning thread cutting, knurling, forming, drilling, boring, reaming, keyway cutting), cutting fluids, coolants and lubricants. Introduction to shaper, slotter, plainer, broaching, milling and manufacture of gears,
- Welding – Introduction, classification of welding processes, advantages and limitations of welding, principles of arc welding, arc welding equipment, choice of electrodes for different metals, principle of gas (oxy-acetylene) welding, equipment of gas welding, welding procedures (arc & gas), soldering and brazing techniques, types and applications of solders and fluxes, various flame cutting processes, advantages and limitations of flame cutting
- Grinding & Finishing Process- Principles of metal removal by grinding, abrasives, natural and artificial, bonds and binding processes, vitrified, silicate, shellac rubber, grinding machines, classification: cylindrical, surface, tool & cutter grinding machine, construction details, relative merits, principles of centreless grinding, advantages & limitations of centreless grinding work, holding devices, wheel maintenance, balancing of wheels, coolants used, finishing by grinding, honing, lapping, superfinishing
- Metrology- Linear measurement – Slip gauges and dial indicators, angle measurements, bevel protractor, sine bar, angle slip gauges, comparators (a) mechanical (b) electrical (c) optical (d) pneumatic. Measurement of surface roughness; methods of measurements, by comparison, tracer instruments and by interferometry, collimators, measuring microscope
- Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Machinery- Properties of fluid, density, specific weight, specific gravity, viscosity, surface tension, compressibility capillarity, Pascal’s law, measurement of pressures, the concept of buoyancy. Concept of Reynold’s number, pressure, potential and kinetic energy of liquids, total energy, laws of conservation, mass, energy and momentum, the velocity of liquids and discharge
- Industrial Management- Job analysis, motivation, different theories, satisfaction, performance reward systems, production, planning and control, relation with other departments, routing, scheduling, dispatching, PERT and CPM, simple problems. Materials in industry, inventory control model, ABC Analysis
- Thermal Engineering- Laws of thermodynamics, conversion of heat into work vice versa, laws of perfect gases, thermodynamic processes – isochoric, isobaric, isothermal hyperbolic, isentropic, polytrophic and throttling, modes of heat transfer, thermal conductivity, convective heat transfer coefficient, Stefan Boltzman law by radiation and overall heat transfer coefficient.