SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification PDF
SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification: As per the SSC Stenographer Notice released by the SSC, according to the new official notice the SSC Stenographer Exam 2023 was held on the 12th and 13th of October 2023 Through SSC Stenographer 2023 recruitment the selected candidates are placed in the Group C and D Non-gazetted posts in various Ministries/Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India for 1207 posts. In this article, we have discussed SSC Stenographer 2023 Exam in detail. The SSC Stenographer Notification 2023 PDF has been shared in the article below.
SSC Stenographer 2023- Overview
SSC Stenographer 2023 Application and exam dates have been released for Group C and D posts on its official website. The candidates can go through the table below for an overview of the SSC Stenographer 2023.
|SSC Stenographer 2023 – Overview|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Name||SSC Stenographer 2023|
|Post Name||Grade C and D officers|
|Registration Dates||2nd August 2023 – 23rd August 2023|
|Exam Date||12th & 13th October 2023|
|Answer Key||16th October 2023|
|Selection process||Written Exam, Skill Test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based Test) and Skill Test|
SSC Stenographer Result 2023
The SSC Stenographer Result 2023 will be released in November 2023 for the Group C and D posts. The SSC Steno Exam 2023 was held on 12th and 13th October 2023. Candidates can check the download link for the SSC Stenographer Result 2023 below.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Answer Key PDF Link
The SSC Stenographer Answer Key 2023 was released on the official SSC website on 16th October 2023 for Group C and Group D posts. Candidates who took the exam can download it, assess their performance, and calculate their scores. Objections against the answer key can be raised until 18th October 2023 with a fee of Rs.100 per question. The marking scheme includes +1 for correct answers, -0.25 for incorrect answers, and Nil for blank responses.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Important Dates
The SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification has been rolled out conveying the important dates to apply for the post of SSC Stenographer 2023 along with other important details on 2nd August 2023. Let’s have a look at the important dates for SSC Stenographer 2023 for Group C and D officers.
|SSC Stenographer 2023 Important Dates|
|SSC Stenographer Notification Date||2nd August 2023|
|SSC Stenographer Online Application Start Date||2nd August 2023|
|SSC Stenographer Online Application Last Date||23rd August 2023 (11 pm)|
|Last date for making fee payment (Online)||23rd August 2023 (11 pm)|
|Date of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’ and online payment of Correction Charges
||24th & 25th August 2023 (11 pm)|
|SSC Stenographer Exam Date for Grade C and D Officers||12th & 13th October 2023|
|SSC Stenographer Answer Key for Grade C and D Officers||16th October 2023|
|SSC Stenographer Result for Grade C and D Officers||November 2023|
SSC Stenographer Vacancy 2023
SSC has released 1207 total vacancies for SSC Stenographer Group C and Group D posts along with SSC Stenographer Notification 2023. 93 vacancies have been released for the SSC Stenographer Group C and 1114 vacancies have been released for SSC Stenographer Group D. Check the SSC Stenographer Vacancy 2023 details in the table below.
|Category||Stenographer Grade ‘C’||Stenographer Grade ‘D’|
SSC Stenographer 2023 Apply Online Link
The SSC Stenographer Application Form 2023 is active from 2nd August 2023 to 23rd August 2023. Candidates who are interested in applying for the SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023 can check the direct SSC Stenographer Application Link 2023 here. Candidates are advised to fill in the SSC Stenographer Application Form 2023 before the last date so as to avoid the last-minute hassle. Check the SSC Stenographer 2023 Apply Online Link below.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Apply Online Link (Closed)
SSC Stenographer 2023 Online Application Fee
The SSC Stenographer application fee for all the categories is stated below. Candidates applying for SSC Stenographer 2023 are required to submit the application fee in order to complete their application form. Without paying the SSC Stenographer 2023 Online Application Fee, the application form of the candidates will not be accepted.
How to Apply Online for SSC Stenographer 2023?
Follow the given steps to submit the SSC Stenographer Application form 2023
- Click on the official link, provided above or visit the official website.
- Then click the Registration Part Section.
- After this, fill OTR (One Time Registration) Form.
- Ensure to enter personal, professional, and basic information in the form and press submit button.
- Then upload the scanned photo, signature as well as a certificate in the form.
- After registration gets over, you will be provided with the registration ID as well as a password on your phone or else to your email address.
- Suppose you are registered then there is hardly any need for an OTR form. You can simply sign in and enter the registered address as well as the password.
- After doing this, click on apply button. Download SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2024 official notification page.
- Make sure for reading the carefully and collect complete details.
- Ensure to fill out the application form having complete details along with this attached scanned photo and sign.
- Then comes the payment of the application form.
- Before form submission, check the details carefully and then submit the form.
- Take a printout of the application form for further reference.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must know all the eligibility criteria required for the SSC Stenographer 2023 for the various posts. The eligibility criteria are described below.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Education Qualification (as of 23/08/2023)
A candidate is required to be at least a 12th pass from a recognized Board or University. He/She must be able to produce the required documents when asked for verification after qualifying for the SSC Stenographer Exam.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Age Limit (as of 01/08/2023)
For the SSC Stenographer Grade C Exam 2023: Candidates must be between 18 and 30 years old. To be eligible, candidates should have been born not earlier than 02.08.1993 and not later than 01.08.2005.
For the SSC Stenographer Grade D Exam 2023: Candidates must be between 18 and 27 years old.
|Category||Upper Age Limit/Age Relaxation|
|PwD (unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||3 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||8 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as of the closing date for receipt of online applications.||40 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. (SC/ ST)||45 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||35 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST )||40 years|
SSC Stenographer 2023 Selection Process
SSC or Staff Selection Commission conducts a Stenographer exam every year in 2 different stages, a Written Test and a Shorthand Skill Test
- The candidate must qualify for both stages of examination to receive the appointment letter for the post of Stenographer Grades C and D.
- Candidates qualifying for the written test will have to appear for the shorthand test which is qualifying in nature.
- The entire recruitment process is explained through the SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2023.
|Stage||Examination||Mode||Duration||Maximum Marks||Qualifying Criteria|
|Stage 1||Written Test||Online||2 hours||200||Qualifying Marks (To be determined by SSC)|
|Stage 2||Shorthand Skill Test||Offline||As per the dictation given||Qualifying in nature|
|Final Selection||Combined Merit List||Candidates must qualify both Stage 1 and Stage 2 to receive the appointment letter for the post of Stenographer Grades C and D.|
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2023
SSC Stenographer Exam will be conducted in 2 different stages to select eligible candidates. The first level is the Grade C and D written exam that consists of MCQs and is conducted online. Post this exam, an exam to test your shorthand skill sets in various domains. The various sections in the SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Written Exams are:
SSC Stenographer Online Paper
- The question paper for the exam will consist of Objective Type Multiple Choice questions.
- The questions will be available in both English and Hindi languages.
- In the Computer Based Examination, there will be a negative marking system.
- For each incorrect answer, one-third of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted as a penalty.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
SSC Stenographer Shorthand Skill Test
- Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks as prescribed by the Commission in the Examination will be called for the Skill Test.
- The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature, and the Commission will determine the qualifying standards for different categories of candidates.
- For the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’, candidates will receive one 10-minute dictation in English/Hindi at the speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m).
- For the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’, candidates will receive one 10-minute dictation in English/Hindi at the speed of 80 w.p.m.
- The transcriptions of the dictation will be done on a computer, and the time allowed for transcription will be specified by the Commission.
- Candidates opting for the Stenography Test in Hindi must learn English Stenography, and vice versa after their appointment. Failure to do so may hinder their probation clearance by the appointing departments.
- Candidates may be required to work as English/Hindi stenographers as per the functional needs of the User Office, regardless of the medium of the Skill Test they took during the examination.
- The Skill Test will be conducted at the Commission’s Regional/Sub-Regional Offices or other designated centers as decided by the Commission.
- Candidates called for the Skill Test will receive detailed instructions regarding the test from the concerned Regional/Sub-Regional Offices of the Commission.
|S. No.||Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration (in minutes)||Time Duration for Scribe (in minutes)|
|1||Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50||70|
|2||Stenographer Grade ‘D’||Hindi||65||90|
|3||Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40||55|
|4||Stenographer Grade ‘C’||Hindi||55||75|
SSC Stenographer 2023 Qualifying Criteria
The candidates will first have to secure a cut-off set by the SSC to qualify for the shorthand stage.
- The qualifying marks are different for the written test of Stenographers in Grades C and Grade D.
- The candidates qualifying for the written test will be eligible to appear for the shorthand skill test.
- The shorthand skill test is qualifying in nature.
- The merit list will be prepared based on the marks secured by the candidates in the written test.
The Qualifying criteria for the shorthand skill test are given below for SSC Stenographers Grade C and Grade D.
|Permissible Mistake out of total words|
|Category||Grade C||Grade D|
SSC Stenographer 2023- Marking Scheme
- The time duration for SSC Stenographer Exam is 2 hours.
- The total no. of questions will be 200 of 200 marks.
- 1 mark will be given for every correct answer.
- 1/3rd marks will be deducted for every incorrect response by the candidate.
- No marks will be awarded/deducted for unattempted questions.
- There will be negative markings in the shorthand skill test for the use of every incorrect word.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023
To qualify for SSC Stenographer, it is important to know the detailed Syllabus of the SSC Stenographer. The major topics are General Awareness, General Intelligence/Reasoning, and the English Language, at which a candidate needs to score well for Paper 1 of the SSC Stenographer 2023 Exam. For Paper-2, i.e. Skill sets, dictated words are to be written by the candidates:
The topics in each Section are:
|General Awareness||English Language and Comprehension||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Current Affairs||Synonyms-Antonyms||Visual Memory|
|Awards and Honours||Sentence Structure||Relation|
SSC Stenographer Salary 2023
SSC Stenographer Notification states the pay scale of 9300-34800 (for Grade C) and the pay scale of 5200-20200 (for Grade D).
The following allowances are included in the SSC Stenographer’s Salary:
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Transport Allowance
SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips
- General Awareness Section: Learn from Static GK, awards and monuments, history, etc. Refer to GK Capsules to get acquainted with recent updates.
- English Language and Comprehension: Learn from our specially designed study notes for Comprehension and Vocabulary. Focus on error correction and reading comprehension to clear this section.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Search from the list of E-Books available on the Adda247 Store to learn about different topics asked in this section.
- Test Series: Give as many relevant Mock Test Series as you can to refine your preparation for SSC Stenographer 2023.
- Classroom Program: You can also select relevant courses from our Offline Classroom Program and enroll yourself today to accelerate your preparation for SSC Stenographer 2023.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Result
SSC will release the date for the Result of the SSC Stenographer Exam on its official site. The details Steno Result Date can be checked from the link.
- SSC Stenographer results will be first declared for the Written Test which comprises the objective test.
- Candidates who clear the written exam will be eligible to appear for the shorthand skill test which will be qualifying in nature.
- The result of the Skill Test will be declared after the same has been conducted by the Staff Selection Commission of India.
SSC Stenographer Result 2023
The SSC Stenographer Result 2023 will be released on the official website @ssc.nic.in. Candidates can check their results by logging in with their registration ID and password provided at the time of registration. The link to download the SSC Stenographer Result will be activated here.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Resolution of Tie Cases
In the event of a tie in scores of candidates in Tier-I examinations, merit will be decided by applying the following criteria, one after another, till the tie is resolved:
- Total marks in the Tier I Examination.
- Date of birth, with the older candidates, placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which the first names of the candidates appear.
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Cut Offs’
The cut-off for SSC Stenographers is given along with the result. You may have a look at the cut-off for the past years.
Candidates shortlisted for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2017: 8469
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2016 Cut Off (Written Exam)
SSC Stenographer 2023 Exam Center
SSC Stenographer 2023 will be conducted at various centers all across the country. The Exam centers are allotted as per the choice filled up by a candidate while filling out his/her SSC Stenographer form. The Skill Test will also be conducted at various centers all across the country.
|Examination Centers &
|SSC Region and
States/ UTs under
the jurisdiction of
|Address of the Regional
Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) ,
|Central Region (CR)/
Bihar and Uttar
|Regional Director (CR),
21-23, Lowther Road,
(WB)(4403), Chinsurah (4405),
Sambalpur(4609), Port Blair (4802)
|Eastern Region (ER)/
The Nicobar Islands,
Sikkim and West
|Regional Director (ER),
1st MSO Building,(8th
|Regional Director (KKR),
The commission, 1st Floor,
“E” Wing, Kendriya
|Dy. Director (MPR),
J-5, Anupam Nagar,
|Northern Region (NR)/
NCT of Delhi,
|Regional Director (NR),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12,
CGO Complex, Lodhi
Road, New Delhi-110003
Dodda (1009), Hamirpur(1202),
Shimla(1203), Bathinda (1401),
and Kashmir and
|Dy. Director (NWR),
Block No. 3, Ground
Floor, Kendriya Sadan,
|Southern Region (SR)/
|Regional Director (SR),
Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK
College Road, Chennai,
Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),
Dadra and Nagar
Haveli, Daman and
Diu, Goa, Gujarat
|Regional Director (WR),
The commission,1st Floor,
101, Maharshi Karve
|Regional Director (NER),
Road, P. O. Assam