SSC Stenographer 2022
SSC Stenographer Exam Date 2022 Out: The Staff Selection Commission(SSC) has released the SSC Stenographer Exam Date 2022 at the official website ssc.nic.in. Through SSC Stenographer 2022 recruitment the selected candidate is placed in the Group C and Group D non-gazetted posts in various Ministries/Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. As per the notice released by the SSC, according to the new official notice the SSC Stenographer Exam 2022 will be held from 17th November 2022 to 18th November 2022. Candidates can check all the details related to SSC Stenographer 2022 like notification, Exam Date, Exam Pattern, etc are given below so bookmark the page for the relevant information.
SSC Stenographer Exam Date 2022- Overview
SSC Stenographer Exam Date 2022 has been released for Group C and D posts on its official website. The candidates can go through the table below for an overview of the SSC Stenographer 2022.
|SSC Stenographer 2022 – Overview|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Name||SSC Stenographer 2022|
|Post Name||Grade C and D officers|
|Exam Date||17th November 2022 to18th November 2022|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based Test) and Skill Test|
SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2022
The SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2022 will be released by the commission in the first week of November 2022 region-wise. The application status for SR Region has been released on 03rd November 2022. We have provided the direct link to download SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2022.
SSC Stenographer Notification 2022
SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification has been published on its official website. The detailed SSC Stenographer 2022 notification advertisement has been available here below in the article. The Candidates can download the SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification PDF from the official website or the direct link provided in the article and we have updated the same.
SSC Stenographer 2022 – Important Dates
The SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification has been rolled out conveying the important dates to apply for the post of SSC Stenographer 2022 along with other important details. Let’s have a look at the important dates for SSC Stenographer 2022 for Group C and D officers.
|SSC Stenographer Notification Date||20th August 2022|
|SSC Stenographer Online Application Start Date||20th August 2022|
|SSC Stenographer Online Application Last Date||05th September 2022 (23:00pm)|
|Last date for making fee payment (Online)||06th September 2022 (23:00pm)|
|Last date for making fee payment (Offline)||06th September 2022|
|Date of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’
and online payment of Correction Charges
|07th September 2022 (23:00pm)|
|SSC Stenographer Admit Card Release date||November 2022|
|SSC Stenographer Exam Date for Grade C and D officers||17th & 18th November 2022|
SSC Stenographer Vacancy 2022
The vacancy for SSC Stenographer 2022 will be released soon on its official website. Till then you may have a look at the vacancy distribution for the previous years. As per SSC Stenographer Notification, Vacancy 2019-20 for Grade C and D has been tabulated
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||1276|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||429|
SSC Stenographer 2022 Apply Online
The Apply Online link for the SSC Stenographer 2022 has been activated for all the eligible candidates along with the release of the official notification. Eligible and interested candidates are advised to submit the application form within the allotted days as no forms will be accepted or considered by the commission once the window is closed. The candidates can apply for the posts from the official website or from the direct link provided below from 20th August 2022 to 05th September 2022.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification Online Application Fee
The SSC Stenographer application fee for all the categories is stated below. Candidates applying for SSC Stenographer 2022 are required to submit the application fee in order to complete their application form.
How to Apply Online for SSC Stenographer 2022?
Follow the given steps to submit the SSC Stenographer Application form 2022
- Click on the official link, provided above.
- Then click the Registration Part Section.
- After this, fill OTR (One Time Registration) Form.
- Ensure to enter personal, professional, and basic information in the form and press submit button.
- Then upload the scanned photo, signature as well as a certificate in the form.
- After registration gets over, you will be provided with the registration ID as well as a password on your phone or else to your email address.
- Suppose you are registered then there is hardly any need for an OTR form. You can simply sign in and enter the registered address as well as the password.
- After doing this, click on apply button. Download SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2024 official notification page.
- Make sure for reading the carefully and collect complete details.
- Ensure to fill out the application form having complete details along with this attached scanned photo and sign.
- Then comes the payment of the application form.
- Before form submission, check the details carefully and then submit the form.
- Take a printout of the application form for further reference.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification- Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must know all the eligibility criteria required for the SSC Stenographer 2022 for the various posts. The eligibility criteria are described below.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification- Education Qualification (as on 05.09.2022)
A candidate is required to be at least a 12th pass from a recognized Board or University. He/She must be able to produce the required documents when asked for verification after qualifying for the SSC Stenographer Exam.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification – Age Limit (as on 01.01.2022)
A candidate must lie in the age domain of 18-30 years to be eligible for the SSC Stenographer Grade C exam. A candidate must lie in the age domain of 18-27 years to be eligible for the SSC Stenographer Grade D exam.
|Category||Upper Age Limit/Age Relaxation|
|PwD (unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||3 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||8 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||40 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. (SC/ ST)||45 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||35 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST )||40 years|
SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification – Selection Process
SSC or Staff Selection Commission conducts a Stenographer exam every year in 2 different stages, Written Test and Shorthand Skill Test
- The candidate must qualify for both stages of examination to receive the appointment letter for the post of Stenographer Grade C and D.
- Candidates qualifying for the written test will have to appear for the shorthand test which is qualifying in nature.
- The entire recruitment process is explained through the SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2022.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2022
SSC Stenographer Exam will be conducted in 2 different stages to select eligible candidates. The first level is the Grade C and D written exam that consists of MCQs and is conducted online. Post this exam, an exam to test your shorthand skill sets in various domains. The various sections in the SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Written Exams are:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
Shorthand Skill Test
SSC Stenographer Skill Test Syllabus is given below. The SSC Stenographer Skill Test is done on both computers and Paper. The candidates will be dictated a passage of 800 and 1000 wpm for Group D and C respectively, depending upon the marks obtained by the candidate.
- For Stenographer Group ‘D’: 800 words @80 words per minute (w.p.m).
- For Stenographer Group ‘C’: 1000 words @100 words per minute (w.p.m).
The shorthand passage will then have to be transcribed on a computer in 50 minutes for Grade D and 40 minutes for Grade C.
SSC Stenographer 2022- Qualifying Criteria
The candidates will first have to secure a cut-off set by the SSC to qualify for the shorthand stage.
- The qualifying marks are different for the written test of Stenographer Grade C and Grade D.
- The candidates qualifying for the written test will be eligible to appear for the shorthand skill test.
- The shorthand skill test is qualifying in nature.
- The merit list will be prepared based on the marks secured by the candidates in the written test.
The Qualifying criteria for the shorthand skill test are given below for SSC Stenographer Grade C and Grade D.
|Permissible Mistake out of total words|
|Category||Grade C||Grade D|
SSC Stenographer 2022- Marking Scheme
- The time duration for SSC Stenographer Exam is 2 hours.
- The total no. of questions will be 200 of 200 marks.
- 1 mark will be given for every correct answer.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect response by the candidate.
- No marks will be awarded/deducted for unattempted questions.
- There will be negative marking in the shorthand skill test for use of every incorrect word.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2022
To qualify for SSC Stenographer, it is important to know the detailed Syllabus of the SSC Stenographer. The major topics are General Awareness, General Intelligence/Reasoning, and English Language, at which a candidate needs to score well for Paper 1 of the SSC Stenographer 2022 Exam. For Paper-2, i.e. Skill sets, dictated words are to be written by the candidates:
The topics in each Section are:
|General Awareness||English Language and Comprehension||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Current Affairs||Synonyms-Antonyms||Visual Memory|
|Awards and Honours||Sentence Structure||Blood Relation|
SSC Stenographer Salary 2022
SSC Stenographer Notification states the pay scale of 9300-34800 (for Grade C) and the pay scale of 5200-20200 (for Grade D).
The following allowances are included in the SSC Stenographer Salary:
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Transport Allowance
SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips
- General Awareness Section: Learn from Static GK, awards and monuments, history, etc. Refer to GK Capsules to get acquainted with recent updates.
- English Language and Comprehension: Learn from our specially designed study notes for Comprehension and Vocabulary. Focus on error correction and reading comprehension to clear this section.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Search from the list of E-Books available on the Adda247 Store to learn about different topics asked in this section.
- Test Series: Give as many relevant Mock Test Series as you can to refine your preparation for SSC Stenographer 2022.
- Classroom Program: You can also select relevant courses from our Offline Classroom Program and enroll yourself today to accelerate your preparation for SSC Stenographer 2022.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Result
SSC will release the date for the Result of the SSC Stenographer Exam on its official site. The details Steno Result Date can be checked from the link.
- SSC Stenographer Result will be first declared for the Written Test which comprises the objective test.
- Candidates who clear the written exam will be eligible to appear for the shorthand skill test which will be qualifying in nature.
- The Result for Skill Test will be declared after the same has been conducted by the Staff Selection Commission of India.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Resolution of Tie Cases
In the event of a tie in scores of candidates in Tier-I examinations, merit will be decided by applying the following criteria, one after another, till the tie is resolved:
- Total marks in the Tier I Examination.
- Date of birth, with the older candidates, placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which the first names of the candidates appear.
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Cut Offs’
The cut-off for SSC Stenographer is given along with the result. You may have a look at the cut-off for the past years.
Candidates shortlisted for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2017: 8469
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2016 Cut Off (Written Exam)
SSC Stenographer 2022 Exam Center
SSC Stenographer 2022 will be conducted at various centers all across the country. The Exam centers are allotted as per the choice filled up by a candidate while filling out his/her SSC Stenographer form. The Skill Test will also be conducted at various centers all across the country.
|Examination Centers &
|SSC Region and
States/ UTs under
the jurisdiction of
|Address of the Regional
Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) ,
|Central Region (CR)/
Bihar and Uttar
|Regional Director (CR),
21-23, Lowther Road,
(WB)(4403), Chinsurah (4405),
Sambalpur(4609), Port Blair (4802)
|Eastern Region (ER)/
The Nicobar Islands,
Sikkim and West
|Regional Director (ER),
1st MSO Building,(8th
|Regional Director (KKR),
The commission, 1st Floor,
“E” Wing, Kendriya
|Dy. Director (MPR),
J-5, Anupam Nagar,
|Northern Region (NR)/
NCT of Delhi,
|Regional Director (NR),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12,
CGO Complex, Lodhi
Road, New Delhi-110003
Dodda (1009), Hamirpur(1202),
Shimla(1203), Bathinda (1401),
and Kashmir and
|Dy. Director (NWR),
Block No. 3, Ground
Floor, Kendriya Sadan,
|Southern Region (SR)/
|Regional Director (SR),
Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK
College Road, Chennai,
Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),
Dadra and Nagar
Haveli, Daman and
Diu, Goa, Gujarat
|Regional Director (WR),
The commission,1st Floor,
101, Maharshi Karve
|Regional Director (NER),
Road, P. O. Assam
SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification – FAQs
Q1. What is the SSC Stenographer Exam Date 2022?
Ans. The SSC Stenographer Exam date will be held on 17th November to 18th November 2022.
Q 2. What is the Selection Process for SSC Stenographer 2022?
Ans. The candidate’s final selection will be based on the marks secured by him/her in the written test. However, he/she will have to qualify for the written test and the shorthand skill test.
Q 3. Is there any negative marking on the SSC Stenographer 2022 examination?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for wrong answers.