SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020 is an important topic of interest to the candidates for their preparation. The preparation does require the knowledge of topics in order to qualify for the exam. Here, we are providing the Syllabus, with details of the topics and type of questions. Candidates can go through the details of Syllabus, which work as an important guide for the candidates who are preparing for the SBI Clerk Exam. SBI Clerk Exam comprises of two stages for the selection as SBI Clerk.
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
SBI Clerk Syllabus: Overview
|Name of the Exam||SBI Clerk|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Language of Question||Bilingual except for English Language|
|Nature of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
No. of Questions
Duration of Test
SBI Clerk Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The SBI Clerk Syllabus comprises of the topics for the two phases of the exam. The SBI Clerk syllabus for both the stages is almost similar with a slight change in the SBI Clerk Mains Exam with the addition of an extra section of General Awareness. The SBI Clerk Prelims Exam comprises of 100 Marks with a duration of 1 hour. Whereas the SBI Clerk Prelims Exam comprises of 200 Marks with a duration of 2 hours 40 minutes.
Given below is the SBI clerk exam pattern 2020 in detail:
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern
|SBI Clerk Exam Stage||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Preliminary Exam||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Mains Examination||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||50||60||45 minutes|
|General Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
Highlights of SBI Clerk Exam
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for wrong answers marked in the SBI Clerk Prelims and Mains Exam.
- The SBI Clerk Exam will comprise of Multiple Choice Questions in both Mains and Prelims.
- The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi.
- The SBI Clerk Result will be released separately for the Prelims and the Mains.
SBI Clerk Syllabus for Prelims
As per the notification, the prelims exam will take place in February, candidates have to buckle up for their preparation. SBI Clerk Syllabus for Prelims will have questions from aptitude in order to check a candidate’s knowledge and rationale.
The topics included are:
- Numerical Ability
- English Language
Topic-wise SBI Clerk Syllabus
SBI Clerk Syllabus- Logical Reasoning
|Ranking/ Direction/ Alphabet Test|
SBI Clerk Syllabus- Numerical Ability
|Profit & Loss|
|Mixtures & Alligations|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices|
|Work & Time|
|Time & Distance|
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere|
|Ratio & Proportion|
|Sequence & Series|
SBI Clerk Syllabus- English Language
|Fill in the blanks|
|Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting|
SBI Clerk Syllabus for Mains Exam
The SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus Topics are: General/ Financial Awareness, Reasoning Ability & Computer Awareness
General/Financial Awareness Syllabus
- Current Affairs – news on the banking industry, awards and honours, books and authors, latest appointments, obituaries, new schemes of central and state governments, sports, etc.
- Static GK – country-capital, country-currency, headquarters of financial organizations (of insurance companies), constituencies of ministers, dance forms, nuclear and thermal power stations
- Banking/Financial terms
- Static Awareness
- Banking and Financial Awareness
Reasoning Ability Syllabus
- Machine Input/Output
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense
- Statement and Assumptions
Computer Awareness Syllabus
Basics of Computer: Hardware | Software | Generation of Computers | DBMS | Networking | Internet | MS Office | Input-Output Devices | Important Abbreviations
How to Prepare for SBI Clerk 2020?
To prepare for SBI Clerk:
- First thing is to keep in mind that the competition there is as per the number of vacancies, cut off. The next step should be to know about the previous year trend of the questions asked along with the exam pattern of the particular exam.
- Make a list of topics for the exam you’re appearing for, using the syllabus. After this, you must list down the topics you need to devote time in decreasing order.
- Practice Mock Tests regularly which is available on adda247.com.
- You may visit bankersadda for updates on current affairs which will be helpful.
- Preparation should involve completing all the tasks (topics) in a complete manner, wherein at the end, you are able to answer all type of questions of each level. The difficulty level of the exam needs to be covered too.
SBI Clerk Syllabus: FAQ’s
1. What is the syllabus for SBI Clerk 2020?
Ans. Ans. There will be 3 sections in SBI Clerk Prelims and 4 sections in the SBI Clerk Mains. The Exam will have Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and English Language as common in Prelims and Mains. The Mains will have a new section called General Awareness.
2. What is the Mark Distribution for SBI Clerk Exam?
Ans. The SBI Clerk Prelims Exam will be of 100 marks and the Mains Exam will be of 200 marks.
3. Is there a sectional cut-off for SBI Clerk Exam 2020?
Ans. Yes, there will be sectional cut-off and an overall cut-off in the SBI Clerk Mains and Prelims.
4. Is there negative marking for SBI Clerk Exam 2020?
Ans. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
5. What is the probation period after becoming an SBI Clerk?
Ans. The probation period for an SBI Clerk will be of 6 months.