SBI Clerk Salary 2021
SBI Clerk Salary 2021: State Bank of India has officially released the notification announcing 5454 vacancies of Clerical Cadre posts. SBI Clerk Salary 2021 is one of the top queries of aspirants. The details of salary structure, allowances, and other perks of the profile are discussed. The aspirants with a dream of a Bank job want to know the salary details, the work/job profile, and the perks that the SBI Clerk enjoys. SBI Clerk 2021. Let us look at the details of the Clerk or Junior Associates Salary, In-hand Salary, Perks, Allowances & Job Profile.
SBI Clerk Salary 2021
The starting salary of an SBI Clerk is about Rs 23000/- per month that includes the Dearness Allowance(D.A). SBI Clerk Salary Structure: 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110- 2120/1- 30230-1310/1-31450.
The SBI Clerk/Junior Associate has a starting basic pay of Rs.13075/- (Rs11765/- plus two advance increments admissible to graduates). The SBI Clerk pay scale will be provided as per the SBI Clerk Notification. The facility of yearly increment is fixed too. The increments given are as follows:
|Period||Basic Pay (INR)||Increment (INR)|
|For the first three years||13,075||655|
|For the next three years||13,730||815|
|Another 4 years||20,095||2120|
|For the next 7 years||28,810||1310|
|After 1 year||31, 450||–|
SBI Clerk Salary: In-hand Salary
A Clerk or junior associate in SBI receives an approximate amount of Rs. 23,000/- (in-hand) including the DA. The in-hand SBI Clerk Salary usually lies in the range of Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 22,000/-, which mostly depends on the location of the posting
SBI Clerk Salary: Perks & Allowances
After clearing the SBI Clerk examination, the clerk enjoys the following perks:
- Financial Security
- Pension under New Pension Scheme(NPS)
- Medical Insurance
- Provident Fund
For such perks and overall package, a candidate must be through with their preparation. Do check the exam pattern & syllabus for SBI Clerk to start your preparation.
SBI Clerk Allowances
Along with the basic salary, the list of other allowances includes the following:
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Transport Allowance
- Special Allowance
- City Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Newspaper Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
Allowances vary from the place of posting. The employees are provided with a provident fund, pension under New Pension Scheme, Medical, Leave fare, and other facilities.
SBI Clerk Job Profile: Roles and Responsibilities
A candidate appointed as a clerk in a State Bank of India has an immense growth chance of growing until the post of General Manager. As mentioned, it is a good opportunity to get an entry-level job in the banking sector. The role of an SBI Bank Clerk includes the following:
- Functions as a Single Window Operator
-Day to day bank functions such as opening accounts, amount transfers through cheque/ NEFT/ RTGS; Issuance of Demand Drafts(DD), Cheque clearance, Cheque book requests, receiving inward emails
- Functions as Head Cashier
-Sometimes, the clerk also functions as a cashier. This involves handling cash transactions of the concerned branch, clearing, and transfer of cheques
- The Junior associates may also function as special assistants or universe tellers
- The clerks are also liable for addressing the customer concerns and resolving them
SBI Clerk Promotion
Promotions for SBI Clerk can be of two types:
1. In-Cadre Promotions for SBI Clerk
- A candidate in the clerical cadre who has been in service for ten years will be promoted to the post of Senior Assistant. This post shall receive a special allowance of Rs.1800/-
- A candidate in the clerical cadre who has been in service for twenty years will be promoted to the post of Special Assistant. This post shall receive a special allowance of Rs.2500/- which will be considered for Dearly Allowance (DA) & House Rental Allowance (HRA)
- A candidate in the clerical cadre who has been in service for thirty years will be promoted to the post of Senior Special Assistant. This post shall receive a special allowance of Rs.3500/- which will be ranked for Dearly Allowance (DA) & House Rental Allowance (HRA)
2. Promotions for SBI Clerk to Officer Cadre To Trainee officer
- A candidate as a clerk in service for three years can become a trainee officer after clearing a written test and interview. Such clerks are kept under probation for an initial two years of appointment as Trainee Officer. Based on performance and after the probation period, the trainee officer will be either recruited into Middle Management Grade Scale-II (MMGS-II) cadre or sent back to the clerical cadre.
3. Directly to JMGS-I
- A six-year service under a fast track promotion channel or after twelve years of service under a normal promotion channel, a clerk can become a Junior Manager Grade Scale (JMGS-I) officer, after clearing a written test & Interview. This promotion is subject to an upper age limit.
SBI Clerk Salary: Probation Period
- A candidate will be serving a period of 6 months on probation. Newly recruited Junior Associates will be required to complete e-lessons as prescribed by the bank during the probation, for getting confirmed in the Bank, failing which their probation will be extended till completion of the same.
- Further, before the probation period comes to an end, the performance of the newly recruited employees will be evaluated and the probation period of those employees whose performance does not meet the expectation may be extended
Q. What is SBI Clerk 2021 salary?
Ans. The SBI offers a handsome salary for Clerk. It is the best in the industry. The starting salary for SBI Clerk is 31, 540.
Q. Is there any bond for SBI Clerk?
Ans. No, there is no bond/agreement before joining the organisation.
Q. What are the working hours of a SBI Clerk?
Ans. The work timings are usually 10 am to 5 pm for clerical cadre post, however, based on the quantum of work, they can be asked to sit beyond working hours.