IBPS RRB Salary 2020: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection or the IBPS is the body that carries out the recruitment process for IBPS Regional Rural Banks (RRB) in India. It is popularly known as the IBPS RRB Exam. The IBPS RRB exam is conducted for recruitment to four different posts:
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant or Clerk (Multipurpose)
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale I or PO
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II ( Generalist & Specialist)
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale III (Senior Manager)
IBPS RRB conducts recruitment to select candidates in the following levels.
- Group A Officers: Scale-I, Scale-II, Scale-III
- Group B Office Assistants: Multipurpose Office Assistants or Clerk
Update: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the notification for IBPS RRB recruitment 2020.
Here we are discussing the salary received by an IBPS RRB Employee.
IBPS RRB Salary: In Hand Salary
The pay scale for IBPS RRB office assistants or clerk is in the range of Rs. 7200-400/3-8400-500/3-9900-600/4-12300-700/7-17200-1300/1-18500-800/1-19300.Rs. 19000- Rs. 22000 is the cash in hand for newly appointed candidates.
The detailed IBPS RRB Salary as per the post is given in the table below:
IBPS RRB Salary For Clerk & Officer Post
|IBPS RRB Posts||IBPS RRB salary (In-hand Salary)|
|IBPS RRB Clerk||Rs. 15000 – Rs.20000|
|IBPS RRB Officer (PO)||Rs. 29,000 – Rs. 33,000|
|Officer Scale-II||Rs. 33,000 – Rs. 39,000|
|Officer Scale III||Rs. 38,000 – Rs. 44,000|
IBPS RRB Clerk Salary: In Hand Salary
The In-Hand Salary of IBPS RRB Office Assistant varies from Rs. 15,000 – 20,000/-. This salary may vary for different organizations. 100% DA is given for the new recruits.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant or IBPS RRB Clerk Pay Scale is Rs. 7200-(400/3)-8400-(500/3)-9900-(600/4)-12300-(700/7)-17200-(1300/1)-18500-(800/1)-19300.
IBPS RRB Job Profile Of Clerk
When a candidate is appointed as an IBPS RRB Clerk he/she is under training or probation period of 6 months. During this time period, he/she gets acquainted with the functions that will be executed by them. The Job Profile of an IBPS RRB Clerk or an office assistant is given below:
- Handle Receipts: An IBPS RRB Office Assistant receives and acknowledges cash, drafts, cheques, pay orders and other instruments.
- Handle Withdrawals: Passing and paying out cash payment of withdrawal forms, cheques, etc
- Handle mails and delivery: Acknowledging inward mails, preparing outward mails and managing the delivery of cheque books.
IBPS RRB PO Salary: In Hand Salary
The Pay-scale for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 or IBPS RRB PO is 14500-600/7-18700-700/2-20100-800/7-25700.
The In-hand Salary of an IBPS Officer Scale I or PO at present varies from Rs.29,000 to 33,000 at 100% D.A.
IBPS RRB Job Profile of PO
When a candidate is appointed for the post of IBPS RRB PO he/she undergoes a training or is under probation of 2 years. During the probationary period, the candidate will receive a fixed amount that is usually less than the normal pay scale. The job profile for the candidates selected for IBPS RRB Officer Scale I (PO) is given below.
- To manage the day-to-day banking operations.
- Loan disbursement & credit portfolio rating.
- To take care of single window operations or being a teller.
- Focus on the agricultural schemes and policies for the rural market.
- Preparing the audit reports and NPA recovery also forms a major job task.
Apart from the tasks mentioned here, one also has to take care of in-house staff and managing of the clerical staff. Running and operations of banks also rely on the Probationary Officer.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I: Career Growth
IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I is a position for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) in the RRB’s. The in-hand salary of IBPS RRB Officer ranges from Rs. Rs. 29,000 – Rs. 33,000.
An IBPS RRB Officer Scale I will be under probation for a period of 2 years. After that he/she will be appointed as a regular serving employee thereby, being promoted to the post of Assistant Manager. The promotional hierarchy for IBPS RRB Officer Scale I is shown below:
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale I (PO)
- Assistant Manager
- Deputy Manager
- Branch Manager
- Senior Branch Manager
- Chief Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- General Manager
IBPS RRB Salary: Perks & Allowances
The IBPS RRB Salary includes Dearness Allowances (DA) and House Rent Allowance (HRA) for all the scales of IBPS RRB.
The table below displays the detailed information of all the allowances provided to the IBPS RRB Officers.
|IBPS RRB Salary Allowances|
|Dearness Allowance||46.5% of the basic pay.|
|House Rent Allowance||
|Special Allowances||7.75% of the basic pay.|
Apart from these allowances, there are also the following perks tagged along with the IBPS RRB Salary in India:
- Travel Allowances: Full traveling allowance or reimbursement of the money spent on petrol/diesel.
- Leased Accommodation: Banks mostly provide their employees either a bank quarter to stay in or gives an option to lease a house for which the bank is accountable for providing the rent.
- Medical Reimbursement
- Pension Schemes
- Overtime Allowance
- Newspaper Allowance
» You may also read the following salary of the bank exams:
IBPS RRB Salary: FAQ’s
Q.What are the posts for which I can apply for IBPS RRB?
Ans. You can apply for the post of IBPS RRB Clerk or Office Assistant, IBPS RRB Officer Scale I or PO, IBPS RRB Officer Scale II, and IBPS RRB Officer Scale III. However, you can apply only for one post in Officer Category.
Q. What is the pay scale of IBPS RRB Clerk?
Ans. The Pay Scale of IBPS RB Clerk is Rs. 7200-(400/3)-8400-(500/3)-9900-(600/4)-12300-(700/7)-17200-(1300/1)-18500-(800/1)-19300.
Q. What is the pay scale of IBPS RRB PO?
Ans. The pay scale of an IBPS RRB PO is 14500-600/7-18700-700/2-20100-800/7-25700.
Q. What is the salary of an IBPS RRB PO?
Ans. The salary of an IBPS RRB PO at present varies from Rs.29,000 to 33,000 at 100% D.A.
Q. What is the job of an IBPS RRB PO or Officer Scale I?
Ans. An IBPS RRB PO carries the duty of Loan disbursement & credit portfolio rating, preparation of the audit reports, and NPA recovery as well as to manage the day to day operations of the bank.