Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022
Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022 is being celebrated from 1st to 30th September 2022 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. This is the 5th edition of Rashtriya Poshan Maah.
Poshan Maah 2022
This year, with the main focus on “Mahila aur Swasthya” and “Bacha aur Shiksha”, Poshan Maah is to be started as Poshan Panchayat through Gram Panchayats.
Check: INS Vikrant 2022
Background of Rashtriya Poshan Maah
PM Narendra Modi launched this flagship programme of the Indian Government with the name POSHAN which stands for Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nutrition (POSHAN) Abhiyaan aka National Nutrition Mission.
It was launched on March 8, 2018, with the aim of providing good nutrition to children under 6 years of age, pregnant women, lactating mothers and adolescent Girls. Since then, it’s been celebrated in the month of September every year and this year India is celebrating the fifth Rashtriya Poshan Maah.
Poshan Abhiyaan 2022
The main of the scheme is to develop practices that nurture health, fitness and immunity to disease as well as end the menace of malnutrition in the nation.
It consists of various stakeholders which ensure the participation of public representatives of local government, public departments from States or UTs, Public & Private sectors and social organizations.
5th Edition of Rashtriya Poshan Maah
A theme is given every year by the government to focus on the nutritional outcomes among women and children. This year, the objective is to activate Poshan Maah by reaching the ground level with the help of Gram Panchayats. It will be called ‘Poshan Panchayats’ and will focus on “Mahila aur Swasthya” (Woman and Health) and “Bacha aur Shiksha” (Child and Education) as this is the theme for Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022.
- Various activities like sensitization campaigns, outreach programs, identification drives, camps and fairs, will be organised throughout the month of September to make people aware of the campaign and to achieve its objective of ‘Swasth Bharat’ (healthy India).
- The focus will also be on the importance of rainwater harvesting and women will be educated at Anganwadi centres.
- Information related to traditional food items for healthy mothers and children in tribal areas will be provided.
- ‘Amma ki Rasoi’, an activity to give importance to traditional nutritious dishes, will also be organised.
- Traditional foods will be promoted by integrating them with local festivals during Poshan Maah.
- Toy manufacturing workshops will also be organized on a national level to promote the use of indigenous and local toys for teaching children in Anganwadi centres.