Indian Army JAG Entry
Indian Army has invited online applications from unmarried male and unmarried female LAW GRADUATES for grant of 31st Short Service Commission JAG Entry Scheme Course (Men and Women) October 2023 course in the Indian Army for Law Graduates. Interested Candidates can apply for the same now directly by clicking the link given below. In this article, we will discuss everything about the notification, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, etc.
JAG Entry 31st Course Recruitment 2023: Overview
|JAG 31st Course Recruitment 2023|
|Organization Name||Indian Army|
|Post Name||Judge Advocate General Branch|
|Starting Date||18th January 2023|
|Closing Date||16th February 2023|
|Job Location||All over India|
Indian Army JAG Entry 31st Course Notification
Indian Army has released the JAG Entry 31st Course commencing in October 2023 for Short Service Commission (NT) for Law Graduates (Men and Women). Check Out the Official Notification given below. Application Process has started from 18th January 2023. Given below is the direct link to apply for the course.
JAG 31st Entry Indian Army Eligibility
(a) Nationality – A candidate must either be:
(i) A citizen of India, or
(ii) A subject of Nepal,
(iii) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary for the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(b) Age Limit – 21 to 27 years as on 01 July 2023 (Born not earlier than 02 July 1996 and not later than 01 July 2002; both dates inclusive).
Note – Candidates should note that the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary School Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will only be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
(c) Educational Qualification – Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination). The candidates should be eligible for registration as an advocate with the Bar Council of India/State. The candidate should be from a College/University recognized by Bar Council of India.
JAG Entry Indian Army Vacancies
Total Vacancies for Men and Women are given below:
|Category||No. of Vacancies|
JAG Promotion Criteria and Salary Structure
(a) Promotion Criteria
|Captain||On completion of 2 years|
|Major||On completion of 6 years|
|Lt Colonel||On completion of 13 years|
|Colonel (TS)||On completion of 26 years|
|Colonel||On selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.|
|Rank||Level||( Pay in Rupees )|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Captain||Level 10B||61,300 – 1,93,900|
|Major||Level 11||69,400 – 2,07,200|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12,400|
|Colonel||Level 13||1,30,600 – 2,15,900|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200 – 2,18,200|
|Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service Academies i.e. during training period at OTA.||Rs. 56,100/- p.m.*|
How to Apply for JAG Entry Indian Army
- Applications will only be accepted online on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registrations not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open.
- Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission JAG Entry Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open.
- Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill in details as required under various segments. Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
- ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit’. Candidates must click on ‘Submit’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
- The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
JAG Entry: Selection Procedure
- Shortlisting of Applications – Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right for shortlisting of applications, without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the Centre allotment will be intimated to candidates via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first-come-first-serve basis initially. Thereafter, it will be allotted by the Selection Centers. The option to select the dates for SSB by candidates may be forfeited due to the occurrence of any exceptional circumstance/events.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates will undergo SSB at Selection Centers, Allahabad(UP), Bhopal(MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB). Call up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centre on candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through the two-stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in stage I will be returned on the same day. The duration of the SSB interview is five days and details of the same are available on the official website of the Directorate General of Recruiting i.e. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be issued a joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
Indian Army JAG Entry: FAQ
Ans. 16th February 2023 is the last date for Indian Army JAG Entry.
Ans. There are total 9 vacancies are there in Indian Army JAG Entry.