Home   »   Static GK   »   Indian Subcontinent 

List of Indian Subcontinent Countries Name

Indian Subcontinent Countries Name

A subcontinent is defined as a part of a continent which is separated from the rest of the continent, politically and geographically. In Geographical terms, the Indian Subcontinent consists of the peninsular part of incumbent India, southern Himalayas on the Indian tectonic plate.

Politically, the Indian subcontinent is consisted of 7 countries: India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives. According to one definition, even Afghanistan is considered to be the part of the Indian Subcontinent. Countries of Indian Subcontinent is linked with shared ethnic, linguistic, cultural, and historical ties.

List of Indian Subcontinent Countries Name_40.1

Sometimes Indian Subcontinent is also called as South Asia and Southern Asia. Internationally all these three terms are used for the same region. If it is considered in geographical terms, the Indian Subcontinent covers some area of peninsular India, southern Himalayas, on the Indian tectonic plate which is separated from the rest of Asia. It is to be noted here that although, The Indian plate also consists southern China and eastern Indonesia, but they are not included as the part of the Indian Subcontinent. Thus, it can be said that there are numerous definition of Indian Subcontinent in geographical terms. So to give it clarity, Political, cultural, and historical factors are also included to define the constitution of Indian Subcontinent.

For example, Almost all these countries of the Indian Subcontinent were invaded by Britishers at some point of time. These countries are  India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives.

Indian Subcontinent consists of 23% of the entire world’s population. 33% of the population would be able to speak in Hindi, 15% in Bengali, 12% in Urdu, and Punjabi, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, and Gujarati, banking on the remaining 40% of the population. Around 34% of the new population would live in cities, while the remaining 66% would reside in rural areas. It is the fifth largest economy in the world.

Indian Subcontinent Countries Name List

From a political perspective, the Indian subcontinent consists of below mentioned 7 countries and even they also have  stronger ethnic, linguistic, and cultural ties –

India
Pakistan
Nepal
Bhutan
Bangladesh
 Sri Lanka
Maldives

List of Indian Subcontinent Countries Name_50.1

FAQs Related to Indian Subcontinent

Q1. How many countries are there in Indian Subcontinent?
Ans. Total 7 countries are there in Indian Subcontinent.

Q2. How is Indian subcontinent unique from others?
Ans. It’s geographical territory which separates it from the rest of Asia.

Q3. What are the 3 major zones of the subcontinent of India?
Ans. (a) the Indian Peninsula, (b) the Himalayas, and (c) the Indo-Gangetic Alluvial Plains.

Thank You, Your details have been submitted we will get back to you.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.