Indian Coast Guard Salary and Job Profile 2022
India Coast Guard Recruitment 2022: Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has released the notification for the recruitment post of Navik (Domestic Branch- DB, General Duty- GD) and Yantrik for 01/2022 batch. Candidates who are interested and find themselves eligible for the same post can apply through an online medium. In this post, we will give you details about salary and Job Profile of Indian Coast Guard.
Indian Coast Guard Overview
|Indian Coast Guard Navik/Yantrik 2022|
|Conducting Body||Indian Coast Guard|
|Post||Navik (Domestic Branch- DB General Duty- GD) and Yantrik|
|No of Vacancy||322|
|Application Start Date||4th January 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||14th January 2022|
|Online Exam Date||March 2022|
|Admit Card||To be notified soon|
|Physical Efficiency Test||To be notified soon|
|Job Location||Across India|
It is always Good to look at the vacancies before applying , ICG has released a total of 322 vacancies for the post of Navik and Yantrik 02/2022 Batch. The tentative number of post for category wise recruitment is as follows: –
Indian Coast Guard Salary:
- Indian Coast Guard salary : Navik (General Duty) – Basic pay of Rs. 21700/- (Pay Level-3) plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the prevailing regulations.
- Indian Coast Guard salary : Navik (Domestic Branch) – Basic Pay Scale for Navik (DB) is 21700/- (Pay Level-3) plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the prevailing regulation.
- Indian Coast Guard salary : Yantrik – Basic pay Rs. 29200/- (Pay Level-5). In addition, candidates will be paid Yantrik pay @ Rs. 6200/- plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the prevailing regulation.
Indian Coast Guard Salary: Annual Package
The Annual package for the various post is provided below, it depends on the pay matrix level of the post.
|Indian Coast Guard Post||Annual Salary (excluding allowances)|
|Assistant Commandant||INR 6,84,000|
Indian Coast Guard Salary: Allowances
Apart from salary the Navy personnel are entitled to various perks and benefits for the supreme service they provide to nation, here those perks and benefits are discussed.
Navik (GD) :
- Medical care for self and Family
- Lodging facilities provided by government.
- 45 days of paid vacation and 8 days of unpaid vacation.
- Travel concessions.
- pension and a gratuity.
- canteen service is available.
- loan at concession
- Health services provided by the ECHS after retirement.
- government accommodation.
- 8 days of casual leave and 45 days of paid leave
- Family and self-funded PF schemes,
- gratuity on retirement
- eligible for travel discounts.
- loan and canteen facilities available.
- ECHS (Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme) medical care.
Indian Coast Guard Salary: Inhand
The In hand salary is quite Different from the Basic pay as it includes DA, HRA and other allowances, below we are providing you the Approx In hand salary taken by Navy personnel
|Navik||INR 25,000 to INR 28,000 per month|
|Assistant Commandant||INR 48,000 to INR 50,000 per month|
|Yantrik||INR 35,000 to INR 37,500 per month.|
Indian Coast Guard Job Profile
The Candidates after getting recruited have to perform the following roles and responsibility
- To protect artificial islands, installations, offshore terminals, and other such important points in the maritime domain.
- To protect and support fishermen in distress.
- Maintaining and protecting the marine ecosystem, including controlling marine pollution.
- To assist Customs and other courts in anti-smuggling operations.
- To implement with full powers the Maritime Zones Act of India.
- Taking steps to preserve the sanctuary of life and property at sea and to accumulate scientific data
Indian Coast Guard Job Profile: Promotional Aspects
The ICG Personnel are entitled to promotions and appraisals depending on the years of Service and Experience. Candidates can also appear for departmental examinations to get promotions before the scheduled time. generally it takes 5 to 8 years to get a promotion. Candidates can be promoted to the following posts:-
- A Navik (GD) officer can be promoted up to the rank of Pradhan Adhikari.
- A Yantrik, can be promoted up to Pradhan Sahayak Engineer.
We Hope this article helped you in understanding the salary structure and Job profile better.
Indian Coast Guard Salary: FAQs
Q1. What is the salary of Indian Coast Guard ?
Ans. Those selected for Navik (General Duty) and Navik (Domestic Branch) will get a pay of Rs 21700, while for Yantrik posts, candidates will get Rs 29200.