Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Selection Process
Indian Coast Guard has released the official notification for the recruitment on the post of Assistant Commandant which includes Asst. Commandant General Duty for (Male, SSA/ Women), Asst. Commandant Commercial Pilot License (CPL-SSA) both Male and Female, Asst. Commandant (Engineering & Electrical-Male), Asst. Commandant (Law Officer) both Male and Female.
if you are an aspirant who is willing to join Indian Coast Guard for the post of Assistant Commandant and you want to know every little detail related to it, then certainly you are the right page. Team of DefenceADDA is totally dedicated to ease your efforts to prepare for various defence related exams. In this article we have exclusively covered the selection process information of ICG Assistant Commandant.
Make sure that you are well aware of everything related to exam, before beginning your preparation so that you could have a proper strategy to crack the exam.
In order to become ICG Assistant Commandant, candidate needs to go through the following stages –
- Phase 1- Screening Test
- Phase 2- Includes Preliminary Selection Board and Final Selection Board
- Phase 3- Medical Examination
- Phase 4- Document Verification and Final Merit List.
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Selection Process – Screening Test
The procedure of recruitment will be started with a screening test for which the applicants will be called for a preliminary screening test. Information related to the test like the date and time of will be mentioned on the E-admit card which needs to be downloaded from the official website of ICG. Given below is the important information related to the screening process –
- It will be an objective based examination which will be conducted in English Lanagugae.
- Questions will be asked from total 3-4 subjects in three different sections.
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Selection Process: Preliminary Selection Board
Once the candidate clears the phase1 examination then he will be eligible to go further for the recruitment process and he or she will enter into Phase2 which is the final selection stage. The Final Selection Board (FSB) consists of the following tests:
- Again the candidate has to face two different examinations:
the Computerised Cognitive Battery Test (CCBT) and the Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PPDT) (PP&DT).
- Phase 2 is of qualifying nature.
ICG Assistant Commandant Selection Process: Document Verification
The aspirant has to go through document verification in order to verify their eligibility for the post. Certain documents need to be brought to the exam centre by the candidates. Original documents will be returned to the candidates once they are verified by the concerned authorities. Given below is the list of documents which need to be submitted by the candidate –
- 2 copies of pre-filled online forms generated by a computer E-Admit Card with a current passport-size colour photo (not older than 03 months)
- Original Xth grade certificate and mark sheet
- Original XIIth grade certificate and mark sheet
- Original Degree Certificate with all semester/year mark sheets of BE/ B.Tech/ Graduation with CPA/ CGPA ID proof – Passport, Driving License, Aadhar Card, Voter ID card, College ID card, or any other photo identity proof ID proof – Passport, Driving License, Aadhar Card, Voter ID card, College ID card, or any other photo identity proof
- (SC/ ST Candidates) Original caste certificate
- Character certificate (must be no more than six months old on the date requested) for PSB (Preliminary Selection Board))
- 12 recent color passport size photographs (not older than 03 months)
ICG Assistant Commandant Selection Process: Medical examination
After getting recommended from FSB which is a 5 days process, Aspirants will now go through the medical examination which is the next phase of the recruitment process and it needs to be cleared in order to go for the final phase of the selection process. Details of the medical examination are mentioned below –
|Weight||Proportionate to the height and age of the candidate|
|Chest||Should be well proportionate and have an expansion of 5 cms|
|Eye-sight||6/6, 6/9 – (uncorrected without glass)
6/6, 6/6 (corrected with glass)
|Tattoo||Not permitted except for the case of candidates from tribal areas.|
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Selection Process: Merit list
After getting done with various phases of the selection process finally the merit list is prepared by the authorities which is based on their written exam scores as well as the number of vacancies available.
The merit list will then be shared on the official website of the Indian Coast Guard and the candidates who will make it to the final merit list will then receive a joining letter to get the training in The Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala.
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Exam Selection Process: FAQs
Q1. What is the screening process under ICG Assistant Commandant Selection Process?
Ans. Shortlisting of candidates for the 1st phase of the ICG AC selection process will be done on the basis of a written test.
Q2. Is there any negative marking in the ICG Assistant Commandant Selection Process 2022?
Ans. No. There is no negative marking in the Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant examination.