Indian Army Recruitment 2023
Indian Army has invited applications for NCC SPECIAL ENTRY SCHEME 54th COURSE (October 2023) SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (NT) from Unmarried Male and Unmarried Female (including Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel). Online Applications has started from 17th January 2023. Read the complete article to know about the number of vacancies, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, etc.
Indian Army NCC Recruitment 2023
Indian Army will be recruiting candidates for NCC 54th Special Entry Scheme. Check the Overview table for Indian Army NCC 54th Special Entry Scheme.
|Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2023|
|Organization Name||Indian Army|
|Post Name||NCC Special Entry Scheme|
|Starting Date||17th January 2023|
|Closing Date||15th February 2023|
|Job Location||All over India|
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2023: PDF
Indian Army has released the advertisement of NCC 54th Special Entry Scheme in the Army. The official detailed notification was released on 17th January 2023. Interested candidates can apply for the same from the link given below.
Indian Army NCC Recruitment 2023: Eligibility Criteria
The total number of vacancies is 55. Specifications of vacancies are mentioned in the table given below –
|S. No.||Number of Vacancies|
|(a)||NCC Men – 50 (45 for the General Category and 05 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Indian Army personnel only).|
|(b)||NCC Women – 05 (04 for General Category and 01 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Indian Army personnel only).|
Selected candidates will be detailed for Pre-Commission training at OTA, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, up to the number of available vacancies, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
Indian Army NCC Recruitment 2023: Selection Procedure
The selection procedure is as follows:-
(a) Shortlisting of Applications –
- Integrated Headquarters of the Ministry of Defence (Army) reserves the right for shortlisting of applications, without assigning any reason.
- After shortlisting of applications, the Centre allotment will be intimated to candidates via their email.
- After allotment of the Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis initially.
- Thereafter, it will be allotted by the Selection Centres.
- The option to select the dates for SSB by candidates may be forfeited due to the occurrence of any exceptional circumstance/events.
(b) Only shortlisted eligible candidates will undergo SSB at Selection Centres, Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab).
- Call-up letters for SSB interviews will be issued by the respective Selection Centre on candidates’ registered e-mail id and SMS only.
Allotment of the Selection Centre is at the discretion of the Directorate General of Recruiting, Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army) and no request for changes will be entertained in this regard.
(c) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
Indian Army NCC Recruitment 2023: Age Limit
- For NCC candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties) 19 to 25 years as on 01 July 2023 (born not earlier than 02 July 1998 and not later than 01 July 2004, both dates inclusive).
- Candidates should note that the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary School Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will only be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Indian Army NCC Recruitment 2023: Educational Qualification
For NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders:
Graduate with an aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years of three/four years degree course respectively. Such students will need to secure an overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in the interview, failing which their candidature will be CANCELLED.
The candidate should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/Wing of NCC and should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
For Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel:
Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. NCC ‘C’ certificate NOT required for Wards of Battle Casualties
Indian Army NCC Recruitment 2023: How to Apply
- Applications will only be accepted online on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registrations not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully.
- After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard.
- A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission NCC Special Entry Course.
- A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments.
- Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit’. Candidates must click on ‘Submit’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
Indian Army promises a career that is totally different from any other govt or private organization. Joining Indian Army as an officer requires a lot of Hard Work and dedication. If you are thinking of making your career in the Indian Armed forces you should be aware about the selection procedure and the lifestyle of Indian Army.
If you have made your mind to join Indian Army, then you should stick to it and follow it till the time you achieve it. You will get direct SSB Interview if you clear the minimum cutoff percentage set by Indian Army. Joining Indian Army as a career offers a golden opportunity to be a part of world’s top Army and get yourself trained to be a Officer and a Gentleman for life.