How to Join Army Cadet College 2022
Army provides a regular soldier ample opportunity to rise to the post of an officer The Army Cadet College (ACC) is an defense service training institution where defense personnel are trained for getting induced into Indian army as officers , the Army Cadet college imparts officer like qualities and training to Personnel Below Officers Rank (PBOR) from the regular army, navy and air force for commissioning as officers in the Indian Army. The cadets are given lessons of Army life to carve out an officer from a regular soldier, currently it has total 3 companies , ACC feed into Indian Military Academy, The Training provided here is very much similar to National Defence Academy.
- ACC run a 3 year degree program in Science and Humanities stream
- The cadets getting training from here are well introduced to the Army Life already
- ACC has now been re branded as the Siachen Battalion at the IMA.
- The Army Cadet College Wing headed by a Brigadier is the fifth Battalion of IMA located in Tons Campus.
- It consists of three Companies with three platoons each and an Academic Department headed by a Principal.
- Each platoon is organized into various departments under the Humanities and Science Streams and each department is being headed by a Professor / Associate Professor.
How to Join Army Cadet College: Eligibility
- Age limit- 20-27 years
- 02 years experience of service.
- You shoul havedone 10+2 OR equivalent from a recognized institute
- Both married and unmarried soldiers can apply.
How to Join Army Cadet College: Exam Pattern
- Paper 1 – GMAT
- Paper 2 – CGAT
- Paper 3 – ICE (Part 1 and 2)
- Paper 4 – ACT
Paper-1 General Mental Ability:-
Total 150 objective type questions will be asked each carrying two marks . The paper will consist of three sections:-
- Reasoning Ability (Verbal): 75 questions: 150 Marks
- Non – verbal Reasoning: 15 questions: 30 Marks
- Numerical Ability: 60 questions: 120 Marks
Paper-2 Current General Awareness:-
This will consist of 150 objective type questions of two marks each.
All the current issues of national and international interest will be asked.
Paper-3 Interactive Communicative English:-
There will be two papers for Interactive Communicative English.
- Part I will consist of 120 objective type questions of one mark each for a duration of one hour.
- Part II will consist of descriptive type questions for 180 marks for a duration of two hours.
Paper-4 Academic Content Test:-
There will be three sections of this test-
- Mathematics- 50 Questions -100 Marks
- General Science- 50 Questions-100 Marks
- Humanities- 50 Questions-100 Marks
ACC Exam Overview
|Vacancies Per Course||75 (Twice in a Year)|
|Tentative Month of Publication of Notification||Notified by MP Directorate / AGs Br through Units in Mar and Aug|
|Age||20 to 27 years , minimum service two years can apply|
|Qualification||10+2 Pattern Class 12th pass or Equivalent. Should have qualified ACC written test|
|Marital Status||Unmarried / Married|
|Likely Date of SSB||Sep to Nov for Jan Course Mar to May for Jul Course|
|Training Academy||ACC Wing at IMA, Dehradun|
|Duration of Training||Four Years (Three Years in ACC Wing & One Year at IMA)|
Hope the article helped you in understanding ACC entry better.