Garud Special Forces Marching For The 1st Time on Republic Day
Squadron Leader PS Jaitawat will be leading the Garud team as part of the IAF contingent and Squadron Leader Sindhu Reddy will be the contingent commander. This republic day celebration is going to witness the strength of India as all preparations are now done to showcase Special Forces and made-in-India missile power as a part of the
This 73rd republic day celebration would also witness the first and possibly the last participation by Indian Navy’s spy plane IL 38 flying over the Kartavya Path. The Republic Day fly-past will comprise 45 Indian Air Force (IAF) aircraft, one from the Indian Navy and four helicopters from the Indian Army, as per the official statement given by IAF.
For the very first time, Bheem’s formation by the 40 deg Pitch-UP and SU-30 streaming fuel by three aircraft is also going to be made. There will be a total of 13 formations like arrow, abreast, arrowhead, diamond and others by aircraft like Mig-29, Rafale, Jaguar, SU-30 etc, he said.
After giving 44 glorious years of service to the nation, the IL 38SD aircraft of the Indian Navy was decommissioned on January 17, 2022. The aircraft was commissioned into the Indian Navy in 1977 and remained a formidable air asset throughout its service life. The IL 38 was an all-weather aircraft with long endurance and substantial operating range.
The proceedings of the Republic Day Parade at Kartavya path will be started off with the unfurling of the National Flag and presenting of the Rashtriya Salute to the President of India. The President would be assisted in the unfurling of the National Flag by Fit Lt Komal Rani.
Also read – How To Become A Garuda Commando 2023?
Indian Airforce March 2023
The air warriors participating in the Republic Day parade have been selected through a stringent process from across the Air Force. The contingent has gone through rigorous practice sessions daily starting in the wee hours of the day.
- The Contingent will consist of 4 Officers and 144 air warriors marching in a Box formation of 12 Rows and 12 Columns.
- The Contingent will be led by Sqn Ldr Sindhu Reddy with three supernumerary officers Flt Lt Ayush Agarwal, Flt Lt Tanuj Mailk and Fit Lt Pradhan Nikhil.
- In the past, The IAF has been declared as the Best Marching Contingent trophy in the years 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2020.
- The award of the Best Marching Contingent in the popular choice category in 2022 was also won by the IAF.
- The marching tunes for the contingent will be played by the Air Force Band contingent consisting of 72 musicians and three drum majors.
- The band would be led by Warrant Ashok Kumar who has the distinction of participating in the RD Parade Airforce band contingent for the past 28 years and leading the contingent for the past 16 years.