Fathometer is Used to Measure
- Ocean Depth
- Sound Intensity
Ans. (3) Ocean Depth
Fathometer is Used to Measure: Solution
Fathometer is an instrument which is used to measure the depth of the Ocean. It is measured by the time required for a sound wave to travel from surface to bottom and for its echo to be returned.
- Earthquake is measured by Richter Scale.
- Rainfall is measured by Rain Gauge.
- Sound Intensity is measured by Audiometer.
- Pacific Ocean is the world’s deepest ocean.
- Mariana Trench is located in the western Pacific Ocean, it is the deepest oceanic trench on earth.
- There is around 20 million tons of gold dispersed throughout the oceans.
- A large iceberg from Antarctica could supply a million people with drinking waters for five years.