CRPF vs CISF
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) both are federal police organisations in India under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) of the Government of India. They are the units of the Central Armed Police Forces.
The CRPF’s primary role lies in assisting the State/Union Territories in police operations to maintain law and order and counter-insurgency. It is composed of Central Reserve Police Force (Regular) and Central Reserve Police Force (Auxiliary). On the other hand, CISF provides security to over 356 industrial units, government infrastructure projects and facilities and establishments located all over India.
Also read – CRPF Head Constable Previous Year Papers
Both are interrelated and mostly the candidates who want to join Indian defence forces go for various recruitments in both organisations. To know more about various posts about CRPF and CISF, read this article till the last.
CRPF vs CISF: Job Profile, Salary, Pension & Promotion
The salary offered to Head Constables in both CISF ad CRPF is a very handsome amount. Other than salary cadets also receive various kind of benefits, which motivates a great number of candidates to apply for this exam. CISF and CRPF Head Constable salary is set under the 7th pay commission.
Other than the benefit of having a secure job, Head Constables also ensures a promising career in both the services CISF and CRPF. Basic pay provided to both Head Constables in CISF and CRPF is Rs. 25,500 to 81,100. There are also many other benefits and allowances that Head Constables receive. Candidates must read this article to know Job Profile, Salary, Pension and promotion in both CISF and CRPF.
CRPF vs CISF Head Constable Salary Structure
According to the 7th pay commission, the salary structure of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Head and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Head Constable is mentioned below. To know detailed Salary Pay Band and Grade Pay , check the table given below.
The salary structure for CISF and CRPF Head Constable is as given below:
Pay Matrix Level
Rs. 25,500 to 81,100/-
Rs. 25,500 to 81,100/-
Pre Revised Pay Scale
Rs. 5200 to 20,200/-
Rs. 5200 to 20,200/-
As the salary structure for both Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Head and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Head Constable is same and even they enjoy the same benefits and allowances. Check the list of perks below given to Head constables in CISF and CRPF –
Allowances and Benefits
|Dearness Allowance (DA) – (38% Of Basic Pay)
|House Rent Allowance (HRA) – (08-27% Of Basic Pay)
|Transport Allowance (TA)
|Leave Travel Concession
|House Building Advance
|Special Duty Allowance (SDA)
|DA on TPA
|City compensation allowances
CRPF Head Constable Job Profile
- Counsel and provide psychological support to the personnel junior to them.
- Responsibility of serving good and nutritious food in the mess and to maintain a proper record.
- Impart regular training as part of the on-the-job training as well as refresher training as a trainer.
- Ensuring safe custody and maintenance of weapons and special equipment required in the forces.
CISF Head Constable Job Profile
- Sometimes they need to take the responsibility of Station Head Officer in the absence of Sub-Inspector or Assistant Sub-Inspector
- Serve the General duty in various police stations
- Responsibility for Managing records and noting down various criminal records too
- Monitor the working of constables regarding their duty and coordinate with them
- Assisting the senior officers in investigating various crimes
- Work as per the different orders given by Station Head Office
CRPF Head Constable Promotion
Check the CRPF Head Constable Promotion Process. CRPF Head Constable Stage wise promotion and their eligibility is given below.
CRPF Head Constable to Sub-Inspector
- Must have completed minimum five years service in the rank, subject to a total service of 18 years.
- Must have qualified in W&T course. However, Head Constables who have qualified in Senior Cadre Course are not required to undergo W&T course.
- Must have qualified in Senior Under Officers Cadre course.
- Must not have adverse report in ACR in preceding five years.
- Must not have had Major punishment in preceding five years.
Sub-Inspector to Inspector
- Must have minimum three years service in the rank
- Must have qualified in Platoon Commander Course as well as Senior Sub Inspector Cadre Course.
- Must not have adverse report in the ACR in preceding five years.
- Must not have major punishment in preceding five years.
Inspector to Assistant Commandant
- By promotion of Inspector with minimum service 3 years in that rank in the Force who have successfully completed Senior Subedars Refresher Course CRPF and
- From amongst Ex-emergency Commissioned Officer below the age of 50 years who have a minimum service of 2 years as Inspector in the force and have successfully completed the Senior Subedars Refresher Course.