Table of Contents
IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2023
IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2023: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the IBPS Clerk exam every year. Lakhs of banking aspirants participate in the IBPS Clerk exam to fulfill their aspirations of getting a prestigious job. Knowing the selection process is very important that comes to mind after completing the application process.
The IBPS Clerk selection process includes 3 stages namely Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Document Verification. The selection process details for 2023 will be released along with the detailed notification soon. Go through the below article for the details of the IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2023.
IBPS Clerk Selection Process
Once you are acknowledged with the IBPS Clerk Selection Process you can start the preparation accordingly. Have a look at the selection process mentioned below.
- Preliminary examination
- Mains examination
- Document verification
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
The IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern has two separate sections, namely Prelims and mains. The mark and time allocation to both the phases are different. Let us have a look at the patterns separately.
- The IBPS Clerk 2023 Exam Pattern for selecting candidates for Clerk is given below.
- The Mains Examination will have just one more section, i.e. of Current Affairs and Computer Knowledge.
- Only three sections will be asked in the Preliminary Exam of the IBPS Clerk 2023 Exam.
- The score of the Preliminary Exam will not be taken into consideration for the final selection. A score of the
- Mains Exam will be taken into consideration for the final allotment.
- There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
It is to be noted that the candidates have to qualify in each of the three sections of the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam by securing minimum cut-off marks decided by IBPS in all the sections individually. An adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination. The Exam Pattern for IBPS Clerk Exam in tabular form is given below:
|No. of Questions
|60 minutes/ 1 hour
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern
Candidates who qualify the IBPS Clerk Prelims by clearing the sectional, as well as overall cut off, are called for the IBPS Mains Exam, which is both qualifying as well as the scoring exam of the IBPS Clerk recruitment. Candidates can check the IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern in the table below:
|No. of Questions
|General/ Financial Awareness
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
Note – Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Online Preliminary and Online Main examinations). There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Type Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty to arrive at the corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
IBPS Clerk Document Verification
As per the IBPS Clerk Selection Process, the documents verification order is as follows:
- Valid System generated Online Application form
- Photo Identity Proof
- Date of Birth Proof
- NOC from the Head of the Department for those candidates who work in any Government Department or Public Sector Undertaking etc.
- If applied for a reservation: Caste Certificate
- Experience Certificates
- Medical Certificate for Physically Disabled candidates
- Printout of Valid Call Letter
- Graduation Mark sheet
Once the induction and documentation process is over, candidates commence their training at the bank.
|Related Links of IBPS Clerk 2023
|IBPS Clerk Apply Online
|IBPS Clerk Vacancy 2023
|IBPS Clerk Selection Process
|IBPS Clerk Syllabus
|IBPS Clerk Salary
|IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
|IBPS Clerk Previous Year Question Paper