Udar Shakti Exercise
On the 17th of August, a Four-day military exercise ‘Udarashakti’ with Indian Air Force (IAF) was finally concluded by Royal Malaysian Air Force after hosting a customary closing ceremony. To mark this ceremony, both the Air Forces flew seven aircraft and the contingent leaders of both the countries exchanged momentos at the event. Udarashakti is a bilateral exercise between Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF). The four-day bilateral exercises recently started in Malaysia.
Udar Shakti Abhyas
As per the official press release of the Indian Ministry of Defence, both Su-30 MKI and C-17 aircraft of IAF and Su-30 MKM aircraft of Malaysia took part in the Udarshakti. What made this event historical was the fact that it was the first bilateral training exercise of Indian Air Force and Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) together.
IAF mentioned in the official statement that the first edition of the exercise was successfully completed, which is a reference to the two Air Forces’ professional competence, shared dedication, and mutual understanding. It also revealed that the IAF contingent has moved to the Australian city, Darwin, for Exercise Pitch Black 22 with Royal Australian Air Force of Australia.
Udarashakti is a bilateral exercise between Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF).
- In Udarashakti 2022, Aircrafts participating from Indian Air Force is Su-30 MKI and C-17 aircraft.
- Su 30 MKM aircraft is taking part from Malaysian Airforce.
- It will be conducted for four days which will involve various aerial combat drills.
- This exercise will highlight the bond of friendship between two countries and bolster the strength of defence cooperation between both armies in order to ensure security of both the nations.
- Air forces of both the countries will share knowledge and information which will help in strengthening their combat capabilities.
The IAF said, “The four-day Ex Udarashakti culminated on 16th Aug with a traditional closing ceremony hosted by Royal Malaysian Air Force. Ceremony was marked with a 7 aircraft formation fly past by both Air Forces & exchange of mementoes between the contingent leaders.”