International Women’s Day 2022 (महिला दिवस)
On the eve of International Women’s Day, Indian Women Soldiers i.e. a group of 36 BSF Seema Bhawani All-Women Daredevil Motorcycle members are set to embark on a 5,280 km ride starting from New Delhi, passing through all the major cities all the way to Kanyakumari spreading the message of Women Empowerment across the nation.
The 21-day ‘Seema Bhawani Shaurya Expedition Empowerment Ride-2022′ will be flagged from the India Gate here on International Women’s Day on March 8. The expedition will traverse through major cities such as Chandigarh, Amritsar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Udaipur, Gandhinagar, Bharuch, Nashik, Pune, Solapur, Hyderabad, Anantapur, Bengaluru, Salem, Madurai, Kanyakumari and ending it in Chennai on 28th March.
The team will also be interacting with various riding communities and audiences with an intent to sensitize and bring forth awareness about the capabilities of women while emphasizing freedom from bias, stereotypes and discrimination. The main aim of the expedition is to forge positive visibility of women, and encouraging young girls to take up major roles in shaping the future of nation.
International Women’s Day Quotes
1. “The best protection any woman can have is courage.” –Elizabeth Cady Stanton
2. “Where there is a woman, there is magic.” –Ntozake Shange
3. “There’s nothing a man can do that I can’t do better and in heels.” –Ginger Rogers
4. “A strong woman looks a challenge in the eye and gives it a wink.” –Gina Carey
5. “If you have a dream, make it a goal.” –Unknown
6. “Little girls with dreams become women with vision.” –Unknown.
7. “If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.” –Margaret Fuller
8. “A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her.” –Unknown
9. “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” –Melinda Gates
10. “The most beautiful thing a woman can wear is confidence.” –Blake Lively
11. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” –Michelle Obama
12. “There’s something about a woman with a loud mind that sits in silence, smiling, knowing she can crush you with the truth.” –R.G. Moon
13. “Feminism isn’t about making women strong. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” –G.D. Anderson
14. “Some women fear the fire. Some women simply become it.” –R.H. Sin
15. “It’s okay if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire.” –Colette Werden
16. “A woman should be like a single flower—not a whole bouquet.” –Anna Held
17. “The strongest action for a woman is to love herself, be herself, and shine amongst those who never believed she could.” –Unknown
18. “I am proud of the woman I am today because I went through one hell of a time to become her.” –Unknown
19. “Don’t stop until you’re proud.” –Unknown
20. “In our society, the women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits” –Arnold Schwarzenegger
21. “What we women need to do, instead of worrying about what we don’t have is just love what we do have.” –Cameron Diaz
International Women’s Day History
International Women’s Day is celebrated on 8th March across the globe. A day dedicated to celebrating the cultural, social, and political achievements of women. And a day to reflect on the issues that they still face globally. International Women’s Day remained a major holiday only celebrated in socialist countries up until the 1970’s. Most of the international community did not formally observe the date until 1975. The UN celebrated International Women’s Year that year. Since that year the UN officially celebrated International Women’s Day on March 8th. International Women’s Day is now an official holiday in many countries. On this day feminist demonstrations are held in many countries.