Indian Army TGC Entry
Indian Army TGC Entry: Applications are invited from eligible Unmarried Male Engineering Graduates for 135th Technical Graduate Course (TGC-135) commencing in July 2022 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun for Permanent Commission in the Indian Army.
Indian Army TGC Entry 135 Notification: Important Dates
|Start Date to Apply
|6th December 2021
|Last Date to Apply
|4th January 2022
|to be notified soon
|SSB Interview Dates
|to be notified individually
Indian Army TGC Entry: Eligibility
A candidate must either be: –
(i) A citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iii) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
(b) Age Limit
20 to 27 years as on 01 July 2022. (Candidates born between 02 July 1995 and 01 July 2002, both dates inclusive).
Note. The date of birth recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination Certificate or an Equivalent Examination Certificate on the date of submission of application will only be accepted. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
(c) Educational Qualification for Applying
Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. All final year appearing candidates whose final year/ final semester exam will be scheduled after 01 jul 2022 are not eligible to apply for this course.
Indian Army TGC Entry: Vacancies
Candidates must note that only the Engineering streams and their acceptable equivalent streams, strictly as notified in the table below, will be accepted. Candidates with degrees in any other engineering stream(s) are not eligible to apply. Any variation between the nomenclature of the Engineering stream as given on the degree parchment/marksheet and that submitted by the candidate in his online application will result in the cancellation of the candidature.
|Civil/Building Construction Technology
|Electrical/Electrical and Electronics
|Computer Science and Engineering
|Electronics and Communication
|Electronics and Telecommunication
|Electronics and Instrumentation
Recommended candidates of TGC-135th course (Jul 2022) whose merit is not within the number of allotted vacancies of respective Engineering streams, may be offered to join Short Service Commission (Tech) Course (Oct 2022), subject to meeting all other eligibility conditions.
Indian Army TGC Recruitment 2021: Type of Commission
(a) Grant of Commission
(b) Permanent Commission
(c) Ante Date Seniority
Indian Army TGC Entry: Pay Scale
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale
|Rs 2,05,400 – 2,24,400
|VCOAS/Army CDR/ Lieutenant General (NFSG)
|Rs 2,25,000 (fixed)
|Rs 2,50,000 (fixed)
Indian Army TGC Entry: Promotions
|After completing training
|2 years of commissioned service
|6 years of commissioned service
|13 years of commissioned service
|Colonel (Time Scale)
|26 years of commissioned service
|15 years of commissioned service
Indian Army Technical Graduate Course: How to Apply
- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registration is not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard.
- A page Officers Selection ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Technical Graduate Course.
- A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments – Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
- ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made. Only after ascertaining the correctness of your details, click on ‘Submit’.
- Candidates must click on ‘Submit’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
- The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
Indian Army TGC Syllabus
Candidates who are searching for information on Indian Army TGC Syllabus must know there is no written examination. There is only one SSB. Candidates who apply to TGC receive an email shortlisting them based on their percentage. The cutoff for TGC varies from branch to branch and the number of applicants.
TGC Selection Process
- Shortlisting of Applications – Shortlisting of applications will be done on the basis of percentage in engineering. Fix cutoff percentage of marks for each Engineering discipline/stream will be taken into consideration. The cut off will be applied in each stream on the cumulative percentage of marks obtained by the candidates upto the final semester/year.
- Centre Allotment – After shortlisting of applications, the centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to login to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis initially.
- SSB – The shortlisted candidates will be allotted a centre for SSB interviews and called for the SSB interview. Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days. Candidates will be given an option to choose their SSB interview dates.
- Medical Examination – Candidates clearing the Stage I will appear for Stage II i.e. Medical Examination. Please visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for Medical Standards and Procedures of Medical Examination for Officers Entry into Army as applicable
- Merit List – Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued Joining Letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.