Indian Army SSC Tech Recruitment 2022
Indian Army SSC Recruitment 2022: Indian Army has released the notification for the recruitment for the post of Short Service Commission from the eligible men and women. Making Career in Indian Army promises a life that is less ordinary and full of adventures. Every single day is full of challenges and new tasks.
Indian Army will be recruiting candidates for 60th Short Service Commission Technical Men (April 2023) and 31st Short Service Commission (Tech) Women Course (April 2023) including widows of Defence Personnel for Tech and Non-Tech (Non-UPSC) posts for FY 2022-23. Check the overview table for SSC Technical Recruitment 2022.
Indian Army SSC Technical Recruitment 2022: Overview
|Name of the organization||Indian Army|
|Post Name||SSC Technical|
|Notification Date||27th July 2022|
|Job Category||Defence Jobs|
|Starting Date to Apply Online||27th July 2022|
|Closing Date to Apply Online||24th August 2022|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Job Location||Across India|
Indian Army SSC Tech Recruitment 2022
Indian Army SSC Tech Recruitment 2022 Apply Online
Application Process for the post of Short Service Commission (SSC) Technical has been started on 27th July 2022 on the official website of Indian Army. Interested candidates can directly apply for the same from the link given below. Do read the official notification (link given above) before applying for the SSC Recruitment 2022.
Indian Army SSC Tech Recruitment 2022: Important Dates
|SSC 60th Tech SSCW 31th Tech Notification Date||27th July 2022|
|SSC 60th Tech SSCW 31th Tech Last Date||24th August 2022|
Indian Army SSC Tech Recruitment 2022: Eligibility Criteria
- For Indian Army SSC Recruitment 2022 SSC(Tech)- 60 Men and SSCW(Tech)- 31 Women. Candidates shall be born between 02 April 96 and 01 April 2003, (both days inclusive) i.e. 20 to 27 years as on 01 April 2023.
- For widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness only. SSCW (Non Tech) [Non UPSC] and SSCW(Tech) – A maximum of 35 years of age as on 01 April 2023.
Educational Qualification for SSC(Tech)(Men and Women)
- Candidates who have passed the mentioned Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply.
- Educational Qualification for Widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness
- SSCW (Non Tech) (Non UPSC): Graduation in any Discipline.
- SSCW (Tech): B.E./ B. Tech in any Engineering stream.
Indian Army SSC Technical Recruitment Vacancies
|Indian Army Posts||Vacancies|
|SSC (Tech)-60 Men||175|
|SSCW (Tech)-31 Women||14|
|Widows of Defence Personnel Only||02|
For SSC(Tech)-60 Men:
For SSCW(Tech)-31 Women:
For Widows of Defence Personnel Only:
Type of Commission
- Grant of Commission: Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Confirmation of Short Service Commission: On successful completion of Pre Commission training at OTA, Officer will be confirmed Short Service Commission (Technical) in the rank of Lt.
- Ante Date Seniority: One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of Short Service Commission (Technical) in the rank of Lt.
- No Ante Date Seniority for widows of Defence Personnel for SSC(NT): Widows of Defence Personnel selected for SSCW (NT) entry will be granted Short Service Commission in the rank of Lieutenant but will NOT be entitled to any ante date seniority.
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit (engineering stream-wise) upto the number of available vacancies and subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
- Duration of Training- 49 weeks
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he/ she be allowed to live with Parents/ Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Officers Training Academy. A candidate, if he/ she marries while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/ her by the government. This provision is also applicable to widows of Defence Personnel. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his/ her application, though successful at the Service Selection Board interview and medical examination, will not be inducted for training, and his/ her candidature will be cancelled.
- Training at OTA is at Govt expense. All candidates who successfully complete Pre Commission training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai will be awarded ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies’ by University of Madras.
- Shortlisting of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each Engineering discipline/stream (cumulatively obtained upto 6 th semester for Engg Degree course/ 2nd semester for M Sc. Computer Science/ 8th semester for Architecture) without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to login to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis initially. Thereafter, it will be allotted by the Selection Centres. The option to select the dates for SSB by candidates may be forfeited due to occurrence of any exceptional circumstance/events.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cut off percentage will be interviewed at one of the Selection Centres viz. Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres through candidate‟s registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage-1 will go to Stage-2. Those who fail in Stage-1 will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days, and details of the same are available at official website of Directorate General of Recruiting ie. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage-2.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued Joining Letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
- It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate at SSB interview. In case equal SSB marks are obtained by more than one candidate, the older candidate(s) in age will be ranked higher in the merit. In case both SSB marks and age of more than one candidate are same, the candidate(s) with higher percentage of marks in qualifying examination will be placed higher in the merit. Higher educational qualifications, previous performances, etc have no role to play. Those in the merit list and who come within the stipulated vacancies and are medically fit will be issued joining letters for pre-commission training at OTA, Chennai, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
How to Apply for Indian Army SSC Tech Recruitment 2022
- Interested Aspirants can apply online on the official website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in“.
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and go to the ‘Registration’ (no need to Register again, if already registered on (www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- You should read the instructions carefully before filling the regeneration form.
- Once you register, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard, it opens a page name ‘Officers Selection’ – ‘Eligibility’ will open, click ‘Apply’ against Short Service Commission SSC(Tech)(Men and Women) Course, ‘Application Form’ will get open.
- Read all the instructions carefully and click on ‘Continue’ and fill all the details under various segments like Personal information, Communication details
- Then ‘Save & Continue’ before going to the next segment.
- Once you fill all the details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ where you can check and edit the entries made. After checking all your details, click on ‘Submit Now‘.
- Make sure you click on ‘Submit Now’ each time it opens the application for editing any details.