NDA is one of the most sought after exam for becoming an officer in the Indian defence forces. The NDA exam is conducted at higher secondary level and the candidates appearing for the exam are between 16 to 19 years of age, after clearing the exam SSB interview is conducted to pick out the best ones and if the candidates sale through medical exam and make it to the Merit list then they are admitted into the NDA.
How is Life After Clearing NDA
NDA is one of the world class institute where you are not only trained for the defence but also for life. The training you get here makes you sturdy enough to bear all hardships of battle field and carves out the expert out of you who is apt for tackling every challenge life throws at you.
In NDA the cadets are trained for three years after which they get a graduation degree, after that they get trained for 12 to 18 months in the respective academies they have been selected for i.e. IAF, IMA and INA. The three year program at NDA consist of 6 terms, a spring and an autumn term every year.
- The training provided here is both Indoor and Outdoor
- The joint training team is responsible for the program
- The first step of training is Orientation capsule, it is two months long and prepares the cadets for upcoming mental and physical challenges
- Discipline is regarded as the prime virtue.
- The sixth term is for service training.
- Great stress is given on the Academic Training.
- The physical training is quite daring and challenging.
- On completion of three years the graduation degree is awarded from JNU.
- The cadets are required to wake up at 4 am.
- Two hours of physical training
- Two hours again for outdoor training
- One hour is given for breakfast.
- Academic study continues till 2 pm
- 45 minutes are given for lunch
- 3-6 is games period to develop sportsmanship
- From 6:30 to 8:30 ,two hour study session is conducted
- Half hour is given for dinner
- After dinner sports session is resumed
- Lights get off at 10 pm.
Food and Accommodation
The candidates getting trained are the future officers so they are given high class facilities, Cadets are allotted single occupancy rooms with basic facilities . The academy is equipped with ultra-modern facilities for all training cadets from all three backgrounds( Army, Airforce, and Navy). The mess serves a huge variety of cuisines from Indian to continental to Lebanese with prime focus on a balanced diet,which is formulated after research by concerned scientists.
There are 18 squadrons namely Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hunter, India, Juliet, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Panther, Quebec, and Romeo , one of which is allotted to the cadets on their reporting day in the Academy.
These squadrons are the second homes to the cadets in the academy, first is always their motherland. various competitions are organised throughout the year for choosing the best Squadron.
We can’t deny the fact that life at NDA is challenging but at the same time these challenges make you the best version of yourself, also the valor and dignity of serving the nation is an unparalleled experience.
The strenuous training is the cost of the stars you wear on your shoulders after being commissioned. Every tunnel has a light in end and the Passing Out Parade is the very Light you were searching for.