Commonwealth Games 2022 Medal Tally
Commonwealth Games 2022 or Birmingham 2022 started on 28th July and will continue till 8th August 2022 in Birmingham, England. It is the 18th times India is participating in the Commonwealth Games. Indian contingent is consisted of 322 members in the Commonwealth Games 2022.
In CWG 2018, India ranked third after Australia and England with 66 medals (26 gold, 20 silver and 20 bronze). Majorly Shooters won the medals with the total of 16, including 7 gold medals. India has started off pretty well in the Birmingham Games as the Indian contingent is at 7th position and India has bagged its most no of medals in weightlifting till now. Mirabai Chanu won the first gold medal for India in Weightlifting women’s 49kg.
List Commonwealth Games 2022 Medal Tally
As of now, India has won fourteen medals in Birmingham 2022, including 5 Golds, 6 Silvers, and 7 Bronze medals. We have given the winners list according to the medal they have won. Check it out –
- Saikhom Mirabai Chanu (Weightlifting, Women’s 49 kg)
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga (Weightlifting, Men’s 67 kg)
- Achinta Sheuli (Weightlifting, Men’s 73 kg)
- Lovely Choubey, Rupa Rani Tirkey, Pinki and Nayanmoni Saikia (Lawn Bowls, Women’s Fours)
- Harmeet Desai, Sanil Shetty, Sharath Achanta, Sathiyan Gnanasekaran (Men’s Team Table Tennis);
- Sanket Sargar (Weightlifting, Men’s 55 kg)
- Bindyarani Sorokhaibam (Weightlifting, Women’s 55 kg)
- Shushila Likmabam (Judo, Women’s 48 kg)
- Vikas Thakur (Weightlifting, Men’s 96 kg)
- Srikanth Kidambi, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy B. Sumeeth Reddy, Lakshya Sen, Chirag Shetty, Gayathri Gopichand, Treesa Jolly, Aakarshi Kashyap, Ashwini Ponnappa, PV Sindhu (Badminton, Mixed Team)
- Tulika Maan (Judo, Women’s +78 kg);