AFCAT Eligibility Criteria
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023: AFCAT 1 2023 Notification has been released by the Indian Air Force on 27th November 2022. AFCAT Aspirants are eagerly waiting to begin their preparation for the year 2023. Air Force Common Admission Test is a common entrance examination organized by the Indian Airforce to select eligible cadets for multiple posts. AFCAT is conducted twice every year and millions of students try their luck to ace this prestigious exam. If you are an aspirant who wants to know about every detail related to the exam, then you are certainly at the right website. Team of DefenseAdda will help you to go through your preparation journey throughout. Read this article to know about the eligibility criteria for AFCAT 2023.
Indian Air Force has released the official notification for AFCAT. This is a great opportunity for Indian citizens (Men and Women) to be part of its elite force as Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches. Check out the eligibility to know if you also meet all the parameters to become an officer in Armed Forces.
AFCAT 2023 Important Dates
|AFCAT 2023||Important Dates|
|AFCAT 2023 Notification||27th November|
|Online Application Starts||1st December|
|Last Date to Apply||31st December|
|AFCAT Written Examination||24th, 25th & 26th February|
|Result of Online Examination||To Be Announced Soon|
|AFSB Call Letters||To Be Announced Soon|
|AFSB and Interview Round||To Be Announced Soon|
|Document Verification||To Be Announced Soon|
|Final Merit List Declared||To Be Announced Soon|
Indian Air Force invites Online applications for the courses commencing in 2024 for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) and Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branches. Online applications are also invited for grant of PC/ SSC for the NCC Special Entry Scheme (For flying branch) and for Meteorology Entry. IAF has started the application on its official website.
To give you more insight into AFCAT 2023, here is an article describing AFCAT 2023 eligibility criteria.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Ground Duty and Flying Branch
(A) Nationality – The candidate must be a citizen of India as per the Indian citizenship act, 1955.
- Flying Branch. 20 to 24 years as on 01 Jan 2024 i.e. born between 02 Jan 2000 to 01 Jan 2004(both dates inclusive). Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born between 02 Jan 1998 to 01 Jan 2004(both dates inclusive).
- Ground Duty (Technical/ Non-Technical) Branches. 20 to 26 years as on 01 Jan 2024 i.e. born between 02 Jan 1998 to 01 Jan 2004 (both dates inclusive).
Note: Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of course. Widows/Widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) below 25 years of age are also not eligible.
(C) Educational Qualification:
- Flying branch: Minimum 50% marks each in physics and mathematics at 10+2 level and a three-year degree in graduation OR a BE/BTECH degree with a minimum of 60% from a recognized university.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Ground Duty (Technical)Branch
(i)Aeronautical engineering (Electronics)(AE(L)):
Minimum 50% marks each in physics and mathematics at 10+2 level and a degree in graduation/post-graduation in the field of engineering and technology from a recognized university.
Those who have cleared the examination of associate membership of the institution of engineers (India) in both A and B section, with a minimum of 60% in the following disciplines :
- Communication engineering
- Computer engineering/technology
- Computer engineering & application
- Electrical and computer engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronics engineering/technology
- Electronics science and engineering
- Electronics and communication engineering
- Electronics and computer science
- Electronics and/or telecommunication engineering
- Electronics and/or telecommunication engineering(Microwave)
- Electronics and computer engineering
- Electronics communication and instrumentation engineering
- Electronics instrument and control
- Electronics instrument and control engineering
- Instrumentation and control engineering
- Instrument and control engineering
- Information technology
Minimum 50% marks each in physics and mathematics at 10+2 level and a four-year degree in graduation/integrated or post-graduation in the field of engineering and technology from a recognized university.
Those who have cleared examination of associate membership of the institution of engineers (India) in both A and B section, with a minimum of 60% in the following disciplines :
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Automation
- Mechanical Engineering (Production)
- Mechanical Engineering (Repair and Maintenance)
- Industrial Engineering
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches
(aaa) Graduation with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR
(aab) BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
(i)Candidates should be medically fit as prescribed standards.
(ii)Non- reporting of candidates on the allotted date and venue may cancel their candidature.
(iii)Unfit candidates will be given a time period of 42 days to get fit as per the prescribed standard after that if they do not meet the requirements they will be permanently rejected for the post.
AFCAT Exam Link
|AFCAT||AFCAT Syllabus 2023|
|AFCAT Exam Date||AFCAT Expected Cut Off|
|AFCAT Eligibility||AFCAT Salary|
|AFCAT Previous Year Papers||AFCAT SSB|
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria: FAQ
Q1. What is the eligibility criteria for AFCAT?
Ans. Eligibility criteria for different branches are different. Candidates can read the above article for in-depth detail about AFCAT eligibility criteria.
Q2. Does 12th marks matter in AFCAT?
Ans. However, as far as the percentage of 12th is concerned, it doesn’t matter, but candidates who apply for technical branch should have an aggregate of 50% in both physics and mathematics.