SBI Clerk Exam Pattern is going to help candidates to prepare well for the upcoming SBI Clerk Examination. To ace the upcoming SBI Clerk Exam, it is necessary to remain acquainted with the new SBI Clerk Exam Pattern. This article explains the SBI Clerk Exam Pattern for Prelims, Mains, and Language Proficiency elaborately. Read further to know details of the type of questions, number of questions, and other important details of the exam.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern
SBI Clerk 2021 is going to be conducted by the State Bank of India to select eligible candidates for the post of Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales). The notification for the same has been released shortly by SBI. With the release of Official Notification, the Recruitment Process of SBI Clerk 2021 has started in January 2021.
The recruitment process to select Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales) through SBI Clerk 2021 is done in three phases:
- Online Preliminary Exam,
- Online Mains Exam and
- Language Proficiency.
A candidate must qualify for both the preliminary exam and mains exam to proceed to the Language Proficiency round. The candidates selected after the Language Proficiency round are given the appointment letter.
SBI Clerk Exam 2021 Highlights
|Conducting authority||State Bank of India|
|Exam Category||National Level Exam/Recruitment|
|Vacancies||8000 Clerk Post|
|Stage||Prelims, Mains, and Language Proficiency|
|Duration of Prelims||One (1) hours|
|Maximum marks in Prelims||100|
|Maximum marks in Mains||200|
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern: Prelims
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam is a Screening exam. It is to weed out not serious candidates from the competition. There is sectional timing for each section i.e., English, Reasoning, and Mathematics. Candidates need to clear the sectional cutoff as well as the overall cutoff to qualify for the SBI Clerk Prelims. Candidates can check the SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern in the table below.
|Name of Tests
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Note:- Candidates have to qualify in each of the three sections by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by SBI. The adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by SBI depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern: Mains
SBI Clerk Mains Exam is a Scoring as well as Merit deciding exam. There is sectional timing for each section i.e., General/ Financial Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude. Candidates need to clear sectional cutoff as well as an overall cutoff to qualify for the RBI Assistant Mains. Candidates can check the SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern in the table below.
|Name of Test (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
|Test of English Language||40||40||35 Minutes|
|Test of Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 Minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 Hrs 40 Min.|
- Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Online Preliminary and Online Main examinations). There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty to arrive at a corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi.
Those who qualify for the SBI Clerk Mains Exam will be called for Language Proficiency Test. The State Wise Language Proficiency Language is given below.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern: Language Proficiency
Those who qualify for selection and produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be subjected to any Language test. In the case of others (qualified for selection), specified opted local language tests will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining. Candidates not
found proficient in specified opted local language would be disqualified.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern: Important Points
Candidates can check important points of the SBI Clerk Exam Pattern of Prelims & Mains.
- There will be no Interview.
- Candidates will have to pass each of the objective tests of the online examinations.
- Both the Prelims and Mains exam will be conducted online.
- A candidate has to qualify in Preliminary Examination for appearing in Main Examination.
- The Mains exam was conducted on 19th April 2020.
- The question paper will be bilingual in nature i.e. available in Hindi as well as the English language.
- The Cutoff of the SBI Clerk of prelims and mains exam will be decided by SBI.
Candidates are advised to check SBI Clerk Syllabus 2021.