The preparation of RBI Grade B 2020 is incomplete without the knowledge of RBI Grade B 2020 Exam Pattern. To give you an insight into the same, let’s first start the discussion with the different segments in which RBI Grade B 2020 will be conducted. RBI is the organization that offers one of the most prestigious jobs in the country, due to which a huge competition is observed. Thus, aspirants needs to know all the aspects under the exam, one of which is exam pattern. The Recruitment Process of the exam will be conducted in three different steps:
- Phase I
- Phase II
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
|Phase I||200||2 hours|
|Phase II||300||90 minutes for
|Interview||50||No time limit|
Now Let’s have a look at the exam pattern for all these stages of RBI Grade B exam one by one.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern: Phase I
The Prelims Exam of RBI Grade B will comprise of 4 sections namely English Language, Reasoning, General Awareness & Quantitative Aptitude.
- The entire section needs to be completed in a time span of 120 minutes or 2 hours.
- The Questions asked will be bilingual (asked in both English & Hindi) except for English Language Section.
- A total of 200 questions will be asked which will carry 1 marks each. Thus, the total score of the entire Phase-I Exam will be around 200 Marks.
- There is also Negative Marking for the first round of the selection process of RBI Grade B exam.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for every question attempted wrong.
- There will be no deduction in marks if candidates leave any question unanswered or unattended.
RBI Grade B Preliminary Examination
|Subject||No. Of Questions||Marks|
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern Phase II (Mains)
Candidates who successfully qualify the Preliminary Round will be eligible for RBI Grade B Phase II Exam.
- The Phase II Exam will three papers will be conducted namely Economic & Social Sciences, English, Finance & Management.
- The Phase-II Exam will constitute of Both Subjective & Objective Type of questions.
- Except the English Section, all the questions asked will be bilingual (available in both English & Hindi).
- Individually all the sections need to be completed in 1 hour 30 minutes or 90 minutes each.
- Marks allotted for each paper is around 100.
- Thus the cumulative score of the entire Mains Exam is 300 marks.
- Just like Prelims Exam, there will be negative marking in this phase of examination as well.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for every question attempted wrong against 1 mark awarded to candidates for attempting a question right.
- No marks will be deducted for leaving a question blank (unattended).
RBI Grade B Phase II Examination
|Name of the Paper||Type of the Paper||Time (Mins)||Marks|
|Paper I Economic & Social Issues||Objective Type||90||100|
|Paper II English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive (to be typed with the help of keyboard)||90||100|
|Paper III Finance & Management||Objective Type||90||100|
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2020 Interview Process
The final stage of RBI Grade B 2020 Recruitment Process is the Interview Process. Candidates who successfully clear the Mains Round are called for the Interview Process. Interview round carries 50 marks. Final merit list will be formulated after the conclusion of the RBI interview round. Candidates can choose either Hindi or English language for the interview round. Selected candidates Roll number will be uploaded on the official website. Invitation Letter will be sent on the email ID of the selected candidates.
The Board will consider the following factors to prepare the final merit list:
- Number of Vacancies
- Number of Candidates qualified
Candidates are required to keep visiting this website to know the change in exam pattern, if any. Candidates are requested to check RBI Grade B Syllabus also.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern Faqs
Q 1. What is the marking scheme of RBI Grade B?
Ans. The Phase I exam consists of 200 marks, Phase II exam consists of 300 marks and interview hold 50 marks.
Q 2. What is the duration of RBI Grade B Phase I exam?
Ans. The RBI Grade B Phase I exam is of 2 hours (120 minutes).
Q 3. What is the duration of RBI Grade B Phase II exam?
Ans. The RBI Grade B phase II is 90 minutes for each sections.
Q 4. What is the negative marking in Phase I exam?
Ans. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks allotted to that question for each wrong question.
Q 5. How many sections are there in RBI Group B Phase II exam?
Ans. There are three sections in RBI Grade B Phase II exam i.e., Economic & Social Issues, Finance & Management and English (Writing Skills).