How to Convert CGPA to Marks for TGC and SSC Tech
TGC and SSC Tech are two entries through which students can directly give SSB without giving any kind of written exam, however the candidates are shortlisted based on their Academic performance, and here comes the problematic part as different universities have different grading standards and different ways of converting them, this problem will be resolved better if you consult to your university, however we will try our best to answer your queries
Frequently Encountered Problems
Most of the students encounter the following difficulties while applying for TGC and SSC Ttech entry
- Whether they need to fill CGPA for all semesters or for individual semester.
- How to convert CGPA into marks
What is CGPA?
cumulative Grade Point Average or CGPA is an educational grading system. It is used in schools and colleges to measure the overall academic performance of a student.The student are provide Grade or Points based on their performance, different Institutes have different systems of grading.
How to Convert CGPA to Marks
There are different ways of doing so , it totally depends on your University , we are providing some generalized formats
CGPA/DGPA to Marks :
To convert CGPA/DGPA to marks you need to multiply the CGPA by 9.5 , Let’s assume you have got 9 CGPA now multiply it with 9.5 you will get 85.5 marks
CGPA to Equivalent Percentage
- In case there is a 4-point credit system, the procedure is CGPA*18+20 = Equivalent percentage
- If CGPA is 3.00, then the equivalent percentage = 3.00*18+30=74%
- In case there is 10-point grading system, the procedure is CGPA*9.3 = Equivalent percentage
- If CGPA is 9.00 then the equivalent percentage = 9.00*9.3=83.
So these were some ways of converting CGPA into Grade Points but we advise you to Consult your University First, maybe the rules are specified in University Website. These are sensitive cases one must be careful before applying, so get your facts straight and then only take the next step! all the best!