Army Weight and Height Chart
Army Weight and Height Chart: The Indian Army is the second Largest Army in the world, it has earned name on account of its brave soldiers who don’t miss any chance of bringing glory to the nation, the army personnel are venerated and respected by every Indian for the selfless services they provide to the motherland, The vision of a peaceful India is incomplete without the soldiers guarding it
Capt R Subramanium once said You have never lived until you have almost died, and for those who choose to fight, Life has a special flavor, the protected will never know. Those who want to taste this special flavor of life dream of joining the prestigious Indian Army, serving the motherland is the highest form of dedication one can have for his nation but Army has several criteria for recruiting members in its superhero team i.e. The Defense personnel. This article provides the detail of medical and physical standards required to join the Indian Army.
Check: Indian Army Quotes
Army Officers Requirements: Indian Army Height Male
- The minimum height required for entry into the Armed Forces for male cadets is 157 cm or as decided by the respective recruiting agency.
- Gorkhas and candidates belonging to Hills of North Eastern region of India. Garhwal and Kumaon will be accepted a minimum height of 152 cm.
- An allowance for growth of 02 cm be made for candidates below 18 yrs at the time of examination.
- The minimum height requirement for the Flying Branch is 163 cm. Other anthropometric standards like sitting height, leg length and thigh length are required by the Flying Branch.
Army Officers Requirements: Indian Army Height Female
- The minimum height required for entry into the Armed Forces for female cadets is 152 cm.
- Gorkhas and candidates belonging to Hills of North Eastern region of India Gharwal and Kumaon need to be at least 148 cm tall
- An allowance for growth of 02 cm will be made for candidates below 18 yrs at the time of examination.
- The minimum height requirement for the Flying Branch is 163 cm. other anthropocentric standards like sitting height, leg length and thigh length are also required for the Flying Branch.
Indian Army Height Weight Chart
The chart provided below are based on the BMI (Body Mass Index). The charts specify the minimum acceptable weight that candidates of a particular height must have.
Check: Indian Air Force Quotes
Indian Army Region Wise Weight and Height Chart for GD
GD & TDN
TECH & NA
Clerk & SKT
|Jammu & Kashmir, Himanchal Pradesh, Punjab Hills (Area South and West ofthe Inter State Border between Himachal Pradesh and Punjab and North and East ofRoad Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Garh Shankar, Ropar and Chandigarh), Garhwal and Kumaon (Uttarakhand)||166 cms||163 cms||162 cms|
|Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam and Hill Region of West Bengal (Gangtok, Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts)||160 cms||157 cms||160 cms|
|Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh,Delhi, Rajasthan and WesternUttar Pradesh (Meerut and Agra Division)||170 cms||170 cms||162 cms|
|Eastern Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Orissa||169 cms||169 cms||162 cms|
|Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Dadar, Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu||168 cms||167 cms||162 cms|
|Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka,Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa and Puducherry||166 cms||165 cms||162 cms|
|Weight||50 kg||50 Kg||50 Kg|
|Chest||77-82 Cm||77-82 Cm||77-82 Cm|
Army Weight and Height Chart: FAQs
Q.What is the height and weight for Indian army?