RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2020: The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Grou[ D Exam Pattern is discussed on this page. The RRB Group D Exam is held to recruit suitable candidates for the post of Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant in various technical departments (Electrical, Mechanical and S&T departments), Assistant Pointsman, Level-I Posts.
If you wish to qualify RRB Group D Level I Exam, you must be aware of the RRB Group D Syllabus 2020 as well as RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2020.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2020
The RRB Group D Exam Pattern is done in three stages. The stages are mentioned below.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern: RRB Group D CBT Exam Pattern
The 1st stage is the RRB Group D CBT Exam. It comprises of 4 sections of 25 questions in each section. The total marks of the CBT is 100 with a time duration of 1 hour 30 minutes.
|Serial No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|2.||General Awareness & Current affairs||20||20|
|3.||General Intelligence and reasoning||30||30|
Marking Scheme of RRB Group D CBT Exam
- The total marks of the CBT will be 100 marks.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 Marks for every question attempted wrong.
- No marks will be deducted for a question left unanswered.
- Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR-40%, EWS-40%, OBC(Non creamy layer)-30%, SC-30%, ST-30%. These percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PwBD candidates in case of shortage of PwBD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
Normalization of RRB Group D CBT Marks
- Short listing of Candidates for the DV shall be based on the marks obtained by them in the CBT.
- If multiple sessions of CBT is conducted then the marks will be normalized.
- In such a scenario short listing of candidates for the DV shall be based on the normalized marks.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern: RRB Group D PET Exam Pattern
All candidates who successfully clear the CBT Round will be called for PET or Physical Efficiency Test. The criteria for PET is slightly different for male and female candidates. The criteria for the PET is given below.
|Male candidates||Female candidates|
Points To Note For RRB Group D PET
- Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature
- The number of candidates called for PET will be three times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs/RRCs
- Railways reserve the right to increase/decrease this ratio as required to ensure availability of adequate/reasonable number of candidates for all the notified posts
- No change in criteria will be entertained by the Governing Body.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern: Document Verification
- On the basis of performance of candidates in CBT and PET, candidates twice the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification as per their merit and options.
- In case of two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e., older person shall be placed at higher merit and in case age being same, then alphabetical order (A to Z) of the name shall be taken into account to break the tie.
- The candidates who are successful in DV are sent for Medical Examination.