SSC CPO Syllabus 2023
SSC CPO Syllabus 2023: Candidates who are preparing for the SSC CPO Exam can check the detailed SSC CPO Syllabus 2023 here in this article. The SSC CPO Exam 2023 will be held from 3rd to 6th October 2023. The online applications for the same are active till 15th August 2023. Candidates who have successfully registered for the SSC CPO Exam 2023 should start their preparations now as not much time is left for the exam. For this, candidates should be aware of the SSC CPO Syllabus 2023 which will be a guiding light for the candidates throughout their preparation.
Go through this article below to understand the SSC CPO Syllabus 2023 and the exam pattern of all the stages in detail so that a better understanding can hence be drawn.
SSC CPO Syllabus
SSC CPO Tier 1 is scheduled to be held from 3rd to 6th October 2023. To score high in SSC CPO 2023 examination, all candidates must be aware of the SSC CPO syllabus. It is important to understand the Syllabus as well as the Exam Pattern to get prepare well for SSC CPO 2023 Exam. Go through the below overview table for the details.
|SSC CPO Syllabus|
|Recruitment Body||Staff Selection Commission(SSC)|
|Recruitment||SSC CPO 2023|
|Exam Date||3rd to 6th October 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Online Exam|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2023
SSC CPO Tier 1 comprises 200 questions in total with a maximum mark of 200. SSC CPO Tier 1 is of 120 minutes or 2 hours. SSC CPO Tier I has four sections with 50 questions each and a maximum mark of 50. Normalization will be done by SSC.
The sections asked in the SSC CPO Tier 1 Exam are:
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Reasoning
- English Comprehension
The Scheme of Tier 1 is explained in the Table given below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||A cumulative time of 120 minutes (160 minutes for disabled/Physically handicapped Candidates)|
Note- For every wrong question there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks also.
SSC CPO Syllabus For Paper 1
The SSC CPO Paper 1 consists of four subjects. Here we present you with the subject-wise syllabus of SSC CPO Tier 1. SSC CPO syllabus 2023 is for two written exams Paper I & Paper II. The syllabus of these two papers is different. Both paper I and paper II examinations of SSC CPO are conducted online.
SSC CPO Syllabus for General Reasoning:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Circular Seating Arrangement
- Linear Seating Arrangement
- Double Lineup
- Blood Relations
- Directions and Distances
- Ordering and Ranking
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding and Decoding
- Code Inequalities
SSC CPO Syllabus for General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Awards and Honours
- Books and Authors
- Important Dates
- Scientific Research
SSC CPO Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Ratio and Percentage
- Data Interpretation
- Mensuration and Geometry
- Quadratic Equation
- Problems of Ages
- Profit and Loss
- Number Series
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Time and Work
- Number System
- Data Sufficiency
SSC CPO Syllabus for English Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Ability
- Active and Passive Voice
- Para Jumbles
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Correction
SSC CPO Exam Pattern For Tier 2
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200||120 minutes|
SSC CPO Syllabus For Paper 2
Let’s have a look at the detailed syllabus of the SSC CPO Syllabus for Paper 2
English Language and Comprehension
- Error Recognition
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Structure
- Sentence Completion
- Phrases and Idiomatic Use of Words
SSC CPO PST 2023
The SSC CPO Physical Standard Test (PST) is conducted at the time of the PET Test. Candidates are advised to check the physical standard required for SSC CPO. The SSC CPO Physical Standards are given in the table:
|Candidate||Height||Chest in cms|
|A. Male Candidates (General)||170||80||85|
|(i) For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumauni, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogra’s, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|(ii) For candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|B. Female Candidates (General)||157||–||–|
|(i) For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumauni, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogra’s, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|(ii) Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
SSC CPO PET Test 2023
The Physical Endurance Test standard will be for all the candidates who have scored above the cut-off marks fixed by the Commission in Paper I. Candidates have to complete all the Tests on the same day. Prepare yourself according to the PET Test requirements.
- 100-meter race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Km Race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 5 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Short put 16 LBS: 4.5 meters in 3 chances
- 100-meter race in 18 second
- 800-meter race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 meters or 9 feet in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 meters or 3 feet in 3 chances
SSC CPO Medical Test 2023
Criteria for the Medical Test for SSC CPO 2021 are mentioned below:
- Minimum Near Vision: N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye)
- Minimum Distant Vision: 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye)
- Must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein, or squint in eyes
- Eye standards should be without visual correction of any kind even by glasses.
Highlights of the SSC CPO Exam 2023
- As mentioned in the SSC CPO Exam Pattern, questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type.
- Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts-I, II, and III of Paper-I.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II.
- The SSC (Staff Service Commission ) reserves the right of altering the exam pattern.
- As per the SSC CPO Exam pattern, the Physical test and Medical Exams are to be conducted only after a successful score in papers I & II. This is to ensure that the candidate is perfectly fit for the applied post.
- The physical test is done to determine the basic physical structure of the candidate like height, chest, etc.
- Medical Exam is done to verify certain aspects like fitness, vision, flat foot, knock knee, squint eyes, etc. to ensure that is free from all sorts of deformities that would hinder efficiency during the duties.
SSC CPO Selection Process
The selection process for the SSC CPO includes the following stages of selection:
- Tier I Exam
- Tier II Exam
|Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|PET/PST||Running, Long Jump, High Jump, and Short Put||Physical exam|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|SSC CPO Notification 2023|
|SSC CPO Exam Date 2023||SSC CPO Selection Process|
|SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2023||SSC CPO Syllabus 2023|
|SSC CPO Cut Off||SSC CPO Salary 2023|
|SSC CPO Apply Online 2023||SSC CPO Previous Year Papers|
SSC CPO 2023 Syllabus -FAQs
Q 1. How many tiers of exams are there in SSC CPO 2023?
Ans. SSC CPO will be conducted in three stages: Tier I, Tier II, and Physical.
Q 2. Is there a negative marking in SSC CPO Prelims 2023?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking of 1/4 of the marks assigned to that question for every wrong question in SSC CPO Prelims.
Q 3. How many subjects are there in SSC CPO Prelims 2023?
Ans. There are four subjects in SSC CPO Prelims.