India Post is recruiting 2367 GDS (Gramin Dak Sevak) in the West Bengal (WB) Postal Circle under cycle 3 for various posts of Branch Postmaster (BPM), Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM) and Dak Sevak. The interested candidates can check their eligibility, online application process and other details in the article below.
India Post GDS Recruitment 2021
India Post GDS Recruitment 2021: Post Offices in India (India Post) have released an official notification inviting online applications from eligible Indian citizens for Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) posts on 2367 vacancies against Advt. no. GDS/Vol-1. The notification has been released on the official website @westbengalpost.gov.in and @appost.in The online application process has already been started and the last date to apply online is 19th August 2021. The interested candidates may read the article below for further details.
India Post GDS Recruitment 2021: Overview
The table below gives all the highlights regarding India Post GDS Recruitment 2021 for the West Bengal Circle.
|West Bengal Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2021|
|Organisation||India Post (West Bengal Postal Circle)|
|Name of Exam||Gramin Dak Sevak|
|Online Registration Starts||20th July 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||19th August 2021|
|Selection Process||Merit-Based on class 10th result|
|Job Location||West Bengal|
|Official Websiteemail@example.com and @appost.in|
India Post GDS West Bengal Recruitment Notification 2021
India Post GDS recruitment for West Bengal Circle has released an official notification inviting online applications for various posts of Branch Postmaster (BPM), Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM) and Dak Sevak in West Bengal Postal Circle in cycle 3. The interested candidates can download the official notification by clicking on the button below and get further details about the vacancies.
India Post GDS West Bengal Vacancy Details
The India Post GDS vacancies are released for a total of 2367 posts as Branch Postmaster (BPM), Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM) and Dak Sevak to which community wise distribution with the number of posts respectively are given in the table below:
|Community||No. of Posts|
India Post GDS West Bengal Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying online for India Post GDS vacancies in the West Bengal circle must go through the minimum eligibility with respect to the educational qualifications, age limit and others given below.
- The candidates applying must have a Secondary School Examination certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics, local language and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Compulsory knowledge of Local Language: The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects]
- Basic Computer Training: The candidates will be required to furnish a Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute. This requirement of a basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or Class XII or any other higher educational level.
- Knowledge of Cycling: Knowledge of Cycling is a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts. In the case of a candidate having knowledge of riding a scooter or motor cycle, that may be considered as knowledge of cycling. The candidate has to submit a declaration to this effect
Age Limit (as on 20-07-2021)
The minimum and maximum age for the purpose of engagement to GDS posts shall be 18 and 40 years respectively.
|S. No.||Category||Permissible Age Relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|3||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||No relaxation|
|4||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|5||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 years|
|6||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST||15 years|
India Post GDS West Bengal Apply Online Link
As the official notification for recruiting Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under cycle 3 of the West Bengal circle, candidates can start applying online by clicking on the link below or visiting the India Post official website @appost.in or @westbengalpost.gov.in.
How to apply online for India Post GDS West Bengal Recruitment 2021
- Visit the official website @appost.in or click on the direct apply online link above.
- Register with the email id and mobile number.
- Log in again and fill in the online application form.
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Upload the required documents.
- Get more than one printout of the application form
OC/OBC/EWS Male/ trans-man: Rs. 100/-
All Female/ trans-woman: Exempted
India Post GDS West Bengal Recruitment 2021 Salary Details
|Category||Minimum TRCA for 4
Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab
|Minimum TRCA for 5
hours/Level 2 in TRCA slab
|BPM||Rs. 12,000||Rs. 14,500|
|ABPM/Dak Sevak||Rs. 10,000||Rs 12,000|