CLAT 2022: overview
The Consortium of NLUs has posted the CLAT 2022 online application form, which must be completed by March 31, 2022. UG applicants must have received 45 per cent in their 10+2 exams and PG applicants must have received 50 per cent in their degree exams to be considered for admission (relaxation in qualifying marks of reserved category candidates).
CLAT 2022 exam date
The CLAT 2022 exam will be held on May 8, 2022, by the consortium. It will take place from 3-5 p.m. The exam will be administered using pen and paper. The exam will consist of multiple-choice questions and will last two hours. English, Current Affairs, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Quants are the five topics included in the CLAT exam.
CLAT 2022 Application Form Fees
On January 1, 2022, the Consortium of National Law Universities published the CLAT 2022 application form at consortiumofnlus.ac.in, and the deadline to submit the CLAT registration form is March 31, 2022. CLAT application fee is Rs 4,000 (Rs 3,500 for SC and ST candidates), and payment of the CLAT registration fee is required to complete the application procedure. CLAT 2022 will be held on May 8, 2022, according to the consortium’s comprehensive programme. The CLAT 2023 exam will take place on December 18, 2022.
CLAT 2022 Registration
On January 1, the CLAT Consortium released the CLAT online application form, which can be found at consortiumofnlus.ac.in. Candidates must register, fill out personal, academic, and contact information, and pay the cost in the following order to complete the form:
- Fill in your name, email address, phone number, and other information to register.
- Fill in your personal, academic, and contact information here. You’ll also have to choose a programme of study (UG or PG) and prioritise your desired NLUs from a drop-down menu.
- Scan copies of signatures, photographs, and other documents that meet the requirements (see table below) must be uploaded.
- Pay the registration fees according to the candidate’s category.
CLAT 2022: Documents Needed
The Photograph of the candidate, signature’s scanned image and state domicile certificate, are among the important documents to be uploaded while registering for the CLAT exam. The size of the Photograph of the candidate should be no more than 500 KB and should only be in jpg/jpeg format. The Signature’s scanned image should not exceed the size of 100 KB. The Signature’s scanned image too should be in jpg/jpeg format. The State domicile certificate size can be up to 2 MB, but the file format should only be PDF format.
CLAT 2022: Syllabus
The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) has issued the CLAT 2022 syllabus, which provides information on the courses and themes that must be studied for the pen-and-paper exam.
Knowing the curriculum for CLAT 2022, as well as which topics are vital and which aren’t, will help you prepare more effectively and, as a result, let you focus on scoring opportunities. The topics covered by each subject, as well as the number of questions asked, are listed in the table below.
The portions of Legal Reasoning and Current Affairs have the most significance.
The English and Logical Reasoning parts are the second and third most vital sections.
Quantitative methods are the least important section.
Ultimately, although the importance of each section varies, don’t underestimate any of them.
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs: Topics such as basic general knowledge, question of current events & happenings, national & international current affairs, and much more.
- English including comprehension: It includes topics such as understanding of the passage & its central theme, meaning of words used therein, fills in the blanks
- Mathematics: candidate’s knowledge related to elementary mathematics will be checked.
- Legal Aptitude: It will include topics such as the study of law, research aptitude, and problem-solving ability.
- Logical Reasoning: In this section covers a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogism, logical sequences or analogies, etc.
CLAT 2022: Important Details
Candidates must fill out the CLAT registration form only if they meet the stipulated eligibility criteria; nevertheless, if they do not match the eligibility criteria, the candidate may be dismissed at any point during the admission process.
All facts given in the form will be validated throughout the CLAT counselling 2022 document verification procedure, and exam officials will demand originals of all essential documents be produced before them. The candidate may be disqualified if there is any contradiction in the information provided on the application form.
The final CLAT seat allocation in 2022 will be determined by the candidate’s merit rank in the online exam.
CLAT 2022 exam centres
The NLU Consortium has released information on CLAT 2022 exam centres that students can choose from when taking the exam, and the Law entrance exam was held in 84 cities across India in 2021. Depending on the number of applicants taking the exam, each city had numerous test locations, and candidates were permitted to choose three test cities in order of preference on the CLAT application form.
- NMIMS NPAT Syllabus 2022 PDF Download
- NMIMS NPAT 2022: Full Form, Eligibility, Dates, Fee
- NMIMS NPAT 2022: Application Form, Registration
- SET Syllabus 2022: Download PDF
- Christ University CUET Syllabus 2022
- Christ University Entrance Test CUET 2022
CLAT 2022: FAQs
What is the CLAT examination?
CLAT is a national-level entrance exam for admission to the participating NLUs’ UG and PG law programmes, and CLAT exam scores are accepted by 61 affiliates, who are private universities that have signed an MOU with the consortium.
What has changed in the CLAT exam pattern?
The CLAT pattern 2022 for UG courses has not changed, and the question paper will be comparable to the previous year’s.
Is the ‘Legal Aptitude’ portion of the CLAT question paper being phased out?
Legal Reasoning, along with Quantitative Techniques, English, Current Affairs including General Knowledge, and Logical Reasoning, is included in the CLAT exam format provided by the NLU Consortium.
Will CLAT be rescheduled for 2021?
Due to COVID-19, the CLAT 2021 exam has been postponed multiple times this year.
CLAT or AILET: which exam is more difficult?
The CLAT paper is normally somewhat challenging, but the AILET paper is usually difficult. CLAT will be used to fill around 3000 UG and 1000 PG seats offered by NLUs, whereas NLU Delhi will use the AILET test to fill approximately 120 UG and 80 PG seats. Because there are fewer seats available, competition in AILET is fiercer.