BSSC CGL Syllabus 2023
BSSC CGL Syllabus 2023: Bihar Staff Selection Commission has released the BSSC CGL 2023 Notification for 2187 vacancies of various posts and the applicants interested in the recruitment have started their preparation for the exam. To get shortlisted for the vacancies, the candidates have to qualify in Prelims & Mains Exam. The first and foremost step for beginning with the preparation is to understand the BSSC CGL Syllabus and Exam Pattern. In this article, we have discussed the detailed BSSC CGL Exam Pattern and BSSC CGL Syllabus for Prelims & Mains as notified by the commission.
BSSC CGL Syllabus 2023- Overview
BSSC will conduct Prelims & Mains through the online mode for shortlisting the candidates for various vacancies released. Have a look at the BSSC CGL Syllabus 2023 details as summed up in the below table.
|BSSC CGL Syllabus|
|Exam Conducting Body||Bihar Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Name||BSSC CGL 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks|
|Negative Marking||1 mark|
|No. of Questions||150|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains & Interview|
BSSC CGL Exam Pattern 2023
Before proceeding to BSSC CGL Syllabus, the candidates must be familiar with the BSSC CGL Exam Pattern 2023 for each stage. Check BSSC CGL Exam Pattern for Prelims & Mains stage from the below section.
BSSC CGL Prelims Exam Pattern 2023
- BSSC CGL Prelims is an objective type exam and is qualifying in nature.
- The duration of the BSSC CGL Prelims Exam is 2 hours 15 minutes.
- The candidates clearing the BSSC CGL prelims exam will be eligible for the BSSC CGL mains exam.
- The prelims exam will have 3 sections with 50 questions in each section.
- There will be a total of 150 questions for 600 marks.
- There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
- The exam pattern for the prelims is given in the table below.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Studies||50||200||2 Hours 15 minutes|
|General Science and Mathematics||50||200|
|Comprehension/ Logical Reasoning/ Mental Ability||50||200|
BSSC CGL Mains Exam Pattern 2023
The BSSC CGL Mains Exam Pattern 2023 has been shared below.
- The BSSC CGL Mains Exam is divided into 2 papers: Paper-1 and Paper-2.
- Paper 1 is a language paper (Hindi language) having 100 questions for a total of 400 marks.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 30% marks to be eligible for paper-2.
- There will be 3 sections in BSSC CGL Mains Paper-2 of the main exam. The pattern and syllabus for paper-2 are similar to that of the preliminary exam.
- The duration of each paper will be 2 hours and 15 minutes.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Paper-1 Hindi Language||100||400||2 hours and 15 minutes|
|Paper 2||2 hours and 15 minutes|
|Section A-General Studies||50||200|
|Section B- General Science and Maths||50||200|
|Section C-Reasoning Ability||50||200|
BSSC CGL Syllabus for Mains 2023
The syllabus for BSSC CGL Prelims & BSSC CGL Mains Paper-2 is similar, which has been section-wise discussed below.
BSSC CGL Syllabus for General Studies
- Questions related to the knowledge of the surrounding society of the candidates to test their awareness of surrounding activities.
- Questions related to past events and day-to-day events with a scientific perspective towards them.
- Questions related to Bihar, India, and its adjacent countries.
- Current Affairs
- Scientific Progress
- National/International Awards
- Indian Languages
- Books & Authors
- Important Events
- India and Neighbouring countries
- History of India and its Adjacent Countries
- Economical Scenario
- Indian Constitution and State Administration
- Political Series of Country
- Five-year plans
- Panchayati Raj
- Contribution of Bihar to the National Movement
- Indian Independence Movement
BSSC CGL Syllabus for General Science and Mathematics
Check the BSSC CGL Syllabus for General Science and Mathematics in the table below.
BSSC CGL Syllabus for Comprehension/ Logical Reasoning/ Mental Ability
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Venn Diagrams
- Number Series
- Coding And Decoding
- Problem-Solving Techniques
- Statement & Conclusion Type Questions
- Visual Memory
- Arithmetical Number Series
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Non-Verbal Series
- Syllogistic Reasoning
- Seating Arrangements
BSSC CGL Syllabus for Mains in Hindi 2023
Check BSSC CGL Mains Syllabus 2023 for each section in Hindi below table-
|General Studies (सामान्य अध्ययन)||
|General Science (सामान्य विज्ञान)||
|Reasoning & Mental Ability (मानसिक क्षमता और तर्क)||
BSSC CGL Qualifying Marks 2023
The candidates have to score minimum qualifying marks in the written test which has been tabulated category-wise below.
|BSSC CGL Mains Exam Date 2023||BSSC CGL Mains Syllabus 2023|
|BSSC CGL Mains Admit Card 2023||BSSC CGL Result 2023|