NEET 2020: The National Testing Agency (NTA) is the body responsible for organizing the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). This is a national level entrance exam that is required for admission to all the undergraduate medical courses like, MBBS & BDS programs that are offered by medical colleges throughout India.
The Medical Council of India (MCI), in March 2018 made it clear that qualifying NEET was mandatory for getting admission in MBBS or any equivalent medical course in a medical university/college/institute outside of the country on or after June 1, 2018, for Indian nationals or overseas citizens of India.
NEET 2020 Exam Notification:
NEET 2020: Exam Date, Admit Card & Result
According to the latest announcement by the Union Minister for HRD Minister, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, the National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET) is scheduled to be conducted on July 26, 2020. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will soon release the revised date sheet for the remaining events. Usually conducted in the month of May, the NEET 2020 was originally scheduled to be conducted on May 3. But, NEET 2020 was postponed indefinitely on the outbreak of coronavirus in the country.
The date of release of the admit cards will be announced by the NTA. The candidates who had successfully filled the application form will be issued the admit card for NEET 2020. The students can download the admit card by logging on to their portal using a username and password from the official website of NTA NEET. The date for the release of its answer keys and results are yet to be declared by the NTA.
|Admit card will be released||The second week of June 2020*|
|The result will be announced||The third week of August 2020*|
NEET 2020 Syllabus:
The NEET tests the knowledge of the students in three subjects, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, based on all the topics covered from class X to XII, as prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI), by considering many state syllabus as well as the ones followed by the Council Board of School Education (COBSE), Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), and the National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT).
Therefore, aspiring candidates who wish to take the NEET examination are expected to be thorough with the NEET 2020 Syllabus even before they begin their preparations. The NTA has made no amendments to the current syllabus of NEET 2020.
NEET 2020 Application Form:
NEET Application Form 2020 can be accessed from the official website of NTA NEET 2020 @ www.ntaneet.nic.in, by logging in into the student’s portal using the application number and password.
Following many requests from parents and students, the National Testing Agency (NTA), had given the registered students a provision to edit personal details like personal, academic, uploaded documents and change exam cities till 5:00 PM of May 3.
The process of applying for NTA NEET is an online process. The candidates firstly have to register themselves even before they can fill the application form. The candidates are expected to fill the form, upload scanned copy of their photographs and signatures, pay the application fee, and finally submit the application form.
The payment of the application fee for NEET-UG is made in online mode through Credit/Debit card, Net banking, or UPI payment gateway. The application fee for NEET for the General Category is Rs 1500, Rs 1400 for EWS and NCL OBC candidates and Rs 800 for SC/ST candidates.
Even before filling the NEET Application Form 2020, it is the responsibility of the candidates to make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria of the NEET 2020 Exam.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Educational criteria: The aspiring candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subjects from a from any of the recognized boards. Also, the candidates who are currently taking the class 12 examination or equivalent exam are eligible to apply for NEET 2020.
Age criteria: The candidates must be 17 years or above as on December 31, 2020. However, there is no upper age limit for the candidates appearing for the exam, unless and until the Supreme Court passes a judgment.
Qualifying mark criteria: The candidates must have passed with a minimum of 50% marks in case of general category, 45% marks in case of PWD category and 40% marks in cases of OBC, SC/ST category in the Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
Nationality criteria: Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for the NEET-UG.
There is no upper limit on the maximum number of attempts.
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern:
- The entrance test will be conducted completely in offline mode or the pen and paper mode.
- The total time of the examination is 3 hours.
- The examination has a total of 180 questions, with questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology)
- In total, the question paper has 180 questions.
- All of these questions are an objective model or Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) with four options, and you have to make your choice for one among them.
- Each correct answer is rewarded four marks while there are no marks for questions that had not been answered.
- There is negative marking for each wrong answer, with one marks deducted for each wrong answer.
- The choice of medium of the question papers ranges from 11 languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Oriya, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, and Assamese.
NEET 2020 Preparation Tips & Strategy
With a vast syllabus to cover within a stipulated time, you have to have a well-structured plan to crack the NEET Exam. Some of the tips are:
- Make a practical timetable and abide by that.
- Make practice a daily routine. Check | NEET Preparation 2020
- Prepare accordingly to the latest schedule by the aid of good reference material.
- Do a strength weakness analysis and find out your weak areas.
- Do mock tests to familiarize with the pattern.
- Prepare your own handwritten notes for quickly grasping and revision purposes.
- Have a proper sleep schedule and take care of your health.