”UPSC Prelims Bits Today” covers various topics from UPSC Prelims Syllabus and is very helpful and time managing for UPSC Aspirants.
The framing of this daily current affairs compilation article is easy to read and understandable.
Integrated Cryogenic Engines
Why in news?
On September 27, 2022, the President will inaugurate the Integrated Cryogenic Engines Manufacturing Facility of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited in Bengaluru.
What is a cryogenic engine?
A cryogenic engine uses a cryogenic fuel or oxidizer (or both) liquefied, which is stored at very low temperatures. Presently, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is using these engines for its heavy light rockets.
India’s first High Thrust Cryogenic Rocket Engine
- This high performance cryogenic engine was conceived, configured and realised by Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC), the lead centre of ISRO, which is responsible for developing liquid propulsion systems for the Indian Space Programme.
- The Engine design was a totally in-house effort with experts from different fields like fluid dynamics, combustion, thermal, structural, metallurgy, fabrication, rotor dynamics, control components, etc., coming together to make it a success.
Mysuru Dasara Festival
Why in news?
President Droupadi Murmu will inaugurate Dasara festivities in Mysuru.
Know about Mysuru Dasara Festival
- Mysuru Dasara, the Royal Festival of Karnataka, is celebrated as a 10-day Festival in Mysuru starting with nine nights called Navratri and last day being Vijayadashmi.
- The city celebrates this prominent and biggest Festival in a grand way displaying the beautifully decorated Elephants, Camels and Horses walking together in a procession.
- Offering puja to the idol of the presiding deity, Goddess Chamundeshwari (who resides on the Chamundi Hills) is of prime importance during the festival.
- The world-famous Jumbo Savari procession on Vijayadashmi is another attraction of Mysuru Dasara Festival.
India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA)
Why in news?
The India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) is creating a significant positive impact on India-UAE trade.
- The historic India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) which was signed between the two nations on 18 February 2022.
- Indian exports to the UAE, excluding petroleum products grew from 5.17 billion dollar from June to August last year to 5.92 billion US dollar during June to August this year.
- It denotes an increase of 14 percent. The CEPA agreement has come into effect on 1st of May this year.
- Indian imports from the UAE during the same period also grew from 5.56 billion dollar to 5.61 billion dollar.
- Indian exports are likely to increase further in the coming months with increasing use of the CEPA by the exporters and with dedicated efforts from the Department of Commerce.