Gujarat Judiciary Exam Eligibility Criteria: The Gujarat High Court will be conducts for candidates Gujarat Judiciary Exam in three stages: a preliminary examination, a main examination, and a personality test. The candidate needs to be well-versed with the Gujarat Judiciary exam eligibility criteria. Those who are interested in applying for a position in the Gujarat Civil Judge and meet the necessary qualifications should begin their studies immediately. For your convenience, we’ve outlined the Gujarat Judiciary Exam Eligibility Criteria for you here.
Gujarat Judiciary Exam Overview
The Gujarat Judiciary Exam is a competitive exam for those aspiring to become civil judges in the state of Gujarat, India. The exam is conducted by the Gujarat High Court and consists of three stages – the preliminary exam, the main exam, and the interview. The preliminary exam is a multiple-choice question-based exam, while the main exam consists of subjective questions. Candidates who qualify for the preliminary exam can appear for the main exam, and those who clear both can attend the interview. The exam tests candidates on their knowledge of law, current affairs, and general awareness. Successful candidates are selected for the position of civil judge in Gujarat.
|Conducting Body||Gujarat Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||Gujarat Judicial Services Civil Judge Exam|
|Number of Vacancies||212|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Age Limit||35 years|
|Qualification||Degree in Law|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains, and Interview|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Prelims Date||7th May 2023|
|Mains Date||2nd July 2023|
Gujarat Judiciary Exam Eligibility Age Limit
The following points describe the Gujarat Judiciary Exam Eligibility Criteria for age limit.
- For General Category candidates, the maximum age limit to apply for a certain position is 35 years, calculated as of the last date of submission of the online application form.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, or Socially & Educationally Backward Classes as well as Disabled Persons (PH), Ex-Servicemen can apply till the age of 38 years.
- Employees working in courts or other allied departments can get a relaxation of maximum 5 years or the number of years of service put in by them, whichever is less, in the upper age limit.
- However, the upper age limit for such candidates under any category cannot exceed 40 years as of the last date of submitting the online application.
Gujarat Judiciary Eligibility Educational Qualification
Candidates who want to apply for the post of Gujarat High Court Civil Judge must satisfy the Gujarat Judiciary Exam Eligibility educational qualification criteria.
- The educational qualification required is a Degree in Law from a university recognized by law in India.
- The candidate must be practicing as an advocate in courts of civil and/or criminal jurisdiction on the last date of submission of the online application.
- Candidates should have passed the vernacular (Gujarati) language proficiency test. However, if they have cleared their secondary and higher secondary exam with the subject of Gujarati, they are exempted from taking the aforementioned exam.
- Candidates who have passed their Degree in Law from the academic year 2009-2010 and onwards must have also passed the All India Bar Examination to be considered eligible for being termed as a practicing advocate.
Gujarat Judiciary Eligibility Nationality
If you’re planning to apply for the Gujarat Judicial Service Exam in 2023 and are wondering whether you meet the Gujarat Judiciary Exam Eligibility criteria for the Gujarat Judiciary exam, there are some important things to keep in mind. First and foremost, being an Indian citizen is a fundamental requirement for the application process and a crucial eligibility criterion. It’s important to note that anyone holding foreign citizenship is ineligible to apply for these positions and will be automatically disqualified from the recruitment process.
In addition to Indian citizenship, it’s essential to meet the high moral and ethical standards required for these positions. Candidates must also demonstrate good physical and mental health and must not have any affiliation or involvement in any criminal activities that are considered morally reprehensible or involve acts of depravity. Therefore, it’s crucial to ensure that you comply with all of the Gujarat Judiciary Exam Eligibility criteria if you wish to apply for the Gujarat Judiciary Exam in 2023.