CGPSC SSE 2023 Preparation Tips: CGPSC had released CGPSC SSE Notification 2023 for the recruitment of the State Service. As per the notification, the application window was open form 1st December 2022 till 20th December 2022. CGPSC Notification was released to fill 189 CGPSC Vacancies. Candidates will get tips about the approach that they should opt for CGPSC Exam 2023.
How to Prepare CGPSC Exam 2023?
CGPSC had released CGPSC SSE Notification 2023 for recruiting officers for 189 CGPSC Vacancies. As per the notification, the application window was open form 1st December 2022 till 20th December 2022. Candidates appearing for the upcoming exam must have thorough knowledge about CGPSC Syllabus for effective preparation.
1. First Step
Mentally prepare and be well known about the exam.
Prepare a proper plan for shaping a fine approach towards paper.
Check the eligibility criteria before starting the preparation.
2. Strategize the preparation
Make a well organized time plan as it is a very important part of the study.
Study according to the time table you made to cover full syllabus with time deadline.
3. Analyze the Syllabus
Go through proper details about the syllabus before starting the preparation.
A proper syllabus has been provided on CGPSC’s official website.
Check previous year’s question paper to know the pattern of questions.
4. Make proper Key Notes
6. Take Online Tests for the practice of questions to improve your accuracy.
7. Revision daily as it will make better accuracy & mindset.
8. Important things to remember before exam
- Don’t go for new topic at the last time of the exam.
- Eat healthy food & sleep on time.
- Always be positive & confident.
- Don’t take any stress during the preparation.
Check: CGPSC Syllabus 2023
CGPSC Exam Pattern 2023
The CGPSC Prelims will have 2 compulsory papers of 2 hours each. The questions will be objective type multiple-choice questions. Answering wrong will result in deduction of 1/3rd marks. The two papers in the prelims exam are General Studies and Aptitude Test.
Check: CGPSC Notification 2023
CGPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2023
The two papers in the prelims exam are General Studies and Aptitude Test. Candidates can check the CGPSC Prelims marking scheme from the table given below.
|General Studies||100||200||2 hours|
|Aptitude Test||100||200||2 hours|
CGPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2023
Question paper in the main examination will be of conventional nature i.e. short/medium/long answer type. There are seven papers in the CGPSC main examination of 200 marks each and interview of 150 marks. There is a negative marking of 1/3rd for every wrong answer. Refer the table below to know the CGPSC Mains exam pattern:
|Paper I – Language||3 Hours||200|
|Paper II – Essay||3 Hours||200|
|Paper III – General Studies I||3 Hours||200|
|Paper IV – General Studies II||3 Hours||200|
|Paper V – General Studies III||3 Hours||200|
|Paper VI – General Studies IV||3 Hours||200|
|Paper VII – General Studies V||3 Hours||200|
|Total Marks 1400|
|Grand Total Marks||1550|
Check: CGPSC Application Form 2023
General Tips for CGPSC Exam 2023
Revision is very crucial. Confidence is good but overconfidence is dangerous. After preparing all the concepts, revise them carefully once again. Revise weak topics twice before the exam.
• Revise whatever you study
• Make short notes so that they can be helpful in quick revision.
• Divide your strong, weak, and moderate sections and work on them accordingly.
Though there is no negative marking, you still need to make check your accuracy because accuracy boosts the scores.
• If do not know the answer then quit that question.
• Try to solve accurately.
• Full concentration is needed to make your attempts accurate.
3. Time Management
Time management is very crucial. Do not waste your crucial time on one lengthy question. If you know that question would take your time then it is advisable to leave that question and move to the next question. Try to attempt lengthy questions at the last.
• Full mocks are helpful.
• Manage your time.
• Skip those questions which are time-consuming and lengthy.
• Concentrate on every question.
Speed is very important to attempt the exam on time. Both speed and accuracy are crucial. So try to work on speed.
• Practice makes the speed
• Attempt more and more questions to enhance your speed.
• Practice daily.
• Try to work on mind calculations because it saves time.
6. Attempt Mock And Previous Year’s Papers
“Practice makes the man perfect”. Attempt mocks and solves previous year’s papers. To boost your speed, accuracy, and knowledge.
• Previous year papers and Mocks are very helpful.
• It is helpful to diagnose your level of preparation.
• Check your mistakes and work on them to improve them.
A positive attitude keeps you confident during preparations and you do not waste time with unnecessary thoughts regarding the outcome of exams. Take good care of your health, because a fit body hosts a healthy mind. We hope that this will help you in sailing through CGPSC Exam 2023.
Download: CGPSC Admit Card 2023