Table of Contents
OPSC OCS Notification 2024: The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) released the Notification for Odisha Civil Services Examination 2024, aiming to fill 399 positions in Group A and Group B positions. The official OPSC OCS Notification was released on the official website. The Last date of registration for the OPSC OCS 2024 exam was 16 February 2024 at opsc.gov.in. This article provides comprehensive information about the OPSC OCS Notification 2024, including eligibility criteria, the selection process, syllabus and more.
Odisha Civil Service 2024
Aspirants gearing up for Odisha Civil Services should commence their preparation for the exam, comprising three stages: Prelims, Mains, and Interview. The official notice provides insights into job vacancies and specific roles. Detailed information about the exam pattern, recommended study materials, salary, and other pertinent details are provided below. A summarized version of the official notice details is presented in the table below.
OPSC Civil Services 2024
|Name of the Exam
|OPSC Civil Services 2024
Odisha Public Service Commission
|Official Notification Status
|Released (29th December 2023)
|Type of Posts
|Groups A and B
|Mode of Application
|Type of Job
|Total No. of Vacancy
|Stages of Examination
OPSC OCS Notification 2024 PDF
The OPSC OCS Notification 2024 PDF can be obtained by candidates through the provided link below. The official OPSC OCS Notification 2024 was available on the official website in December last year. The OPSC OCS online registration was from January 17 to February 16, 2024.
OPSC OCS 2024 Important Dates
Candidates must stay updated with all the important dates associated with the OPSC OCS examination process, enabling them to plan their preparation accordingly. The important dates for the OPSC OCS Exam 2024 are provided in the table below:
OPSC OAS Notification 2024 Important Dates
|OPSC Notification 2024
|Apply Online Starts
|17th January 2024
|Apply Online Ends
|16th February 2024
|OPSC Admit Card
|7th October 2024
|OPSC Preliminary Exam
|OPSC Prelims Result 2024
|OPSC Mains exam date 2024
OPSC OCS Application Form 2024
As per the notification released by the Odisha Public Service Commission, the online process for OPSC OCS Recruitment 2024 began on 17 January 2024 and ended on 16 February 2024. We have provided the direct link below for candidates’ convenience to apply online for the OPSC OCS Examination. Applications submitted through other methods will not be accepted. Click on the link and begin submitting your application forms for OPSC OCS Vacancy 2024 without waiting for the final closing date.
Click here to Apply Online for OPSC OCS 2024 (InActive)
OPSC OCS Application Fees 2024
Candidates need to pay an examination fee of Rs. 500/- to finalize their OPSC OCS 2024 application forms. The application fee can be paid online using various methods such as net banking, debit card, credit card, UPI, etc. Please note that the application fees are non-refundable, and incomplete application forms will be considered if the fees are not paid.
OPSC OCS 2024 Application Fee
|Group A and Group B
How to Apply Online for OPSC OCS 2024?
Candidates can apply online for OPSC OCS 2024 either through the official portal of the Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) or via the direct link provided in the article. Follow the steps below to apply online for the OPSC OCS Examination 2024:
- Visit the official website of the Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) at https://www.opsc.gov.in/.
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link available on the homepage.
- Begin by registering yourself by providing a valid Email ID and Mobile Number to create login credentials.
- Log in using the created credentials and complete your profile information by following the Profile Creation Link.
- Upload recent photographs, signatures, and left thumb impressions in the prescribed format.
- Before final submission, ensure that all information and details in the application forms are accurate.
- Save and download the OPSC OCS Application forms for future reference.
Odisha Civil Services Vacancy 2024
OPSC released the official notification for the OPSC OCS Vacancy 2024 details. For now, you can check the job openings from last year for guidance. The upcoming job openings are expected to be about the same as last year’s.
|Posts & Services
|Odisha Administrative Service Group-A (Junior Branch)
|Odisha Finance Service Group-A (Junior Branch)
|Odisha Police Service Group-A (Junior Branch)
|Odisha Co-operative Service (Group-B)
|Odisha Revenue Service (Group-B)
|Odisha Labour Service (Group-B)
|Odisha Taxation & Accounts Service (Group-B)
|Odisha Employment Service (Group-B)
|Odisha Co-operative Audit Service (Group-B)
|Odisha Tourism Service (Group-B)
OPSC OCS Eligibility Criteria 2024
Applicants in the unreserved category should be between 21 and 38 years old, with a birthdate falling between January 2, 1985, and January 1, 2002. Candidates from the SC/ST/OBC/Ex-Servicemen/Women category have a maximum age limit of 43 years, while those with permanent disabilities of 40% or more (PwDs) can apply up to the age of 48. The birthdate range for PwDs is not specified in the provided information.
|21 years to 38 years
|The maximum age limit is 43 years
|PwDs (Permanent disability is 40%)
|The upper age limit is 48 years
- Education Qualification: A bachelor’s degree in any specialization from a recognized university.
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from any State or Nationally Recognised University or a Deemed to be a University under section 3 of UGC.
- The candidates must be able to read, write and speak the Odia language and have:
- Passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a language or a subject;
- Passed HSC or Equivalent with Odia as a medium of examination in a non-language subject;
- Passed Odia as a language subject in the final examination of class 8th in school or educational institute.
- Nationality: Candidates need to be citizens of India.
OPSC OCS Selection Process
Candidates can check out the selection process of Odisha OPSC OCS, which consists of three stages mentioned below:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
OPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2024
Candidates can check the OPSC OCS Syllabus 2024 here.
OPSC OCS Prelims Syllabus
The detailed syllabus for the OPSC Preliminary exam is as follows:
OPSC Prelims Syllabus
|General Studies 1
|General Studies 2
OPSC Civil Services Mains Optional Subjects
The OPSC mains syllabus remains consistent with that of the preliminary stage. However, due to the descriptive nature of the Mains paper, a wider range of topics is covered in the syllabus. The exam can include questions on various subjects, and candidates need to be prepared for any potential topic.
Additionally, as mentioned on the official website of OPSC, the syllabus for optional subjects is at the Honours level, which means they require a higher level of knowledge than a bachelor’s degree but are not as extensive as a Master’s degree. Hence, candidates need to remember these key points while preparing for the exam.
OPSC Mains Optional Subjects
OPSC OCS Exam Pattern 2024
Based on the latest information, the OPSC Civil Services exam pattern 2024 will closely resemble the exam pattern followed by OPSC. The updated OPSC OAS Exam Pattern 2024 is provided below. All stages of the OPSC OAS examination will be conducted offline. Here is a comprehensive breakdown of the exam pattern for all three stages of the OPSC Civil Services 2024 examination process:
OPSC OCS Prelims Exam Pattern
- The Preliminary exam consists of two papers of 200 marks each.
- There shall be a negative marking of 1/3rd marks.
- The marks of the prelims exam will not be added to the Final merit list.
OPSC OCS Preliminary Exam Pattern
|No. of Marks
|General Studies 1
|General Studies 2
Qualifying Paper – 33% marks
OPSC OCS Mains Exam Pattern:
- OPSC Mains exam consists of Qualifying, Compulsory, and Optional Subjects.
- Papers A and B are considered qualifying papers, meaning their marks will not be included in the final merit list.
- However, candidates will have their answer copies for these papers assessed only if they qualify for them.
- In the OPSC OCS Mains Examination, candidates must choose two optional subjects besides the compulsory ones.
- OPSC has provided a list of discipline subjects from which candidates can make their selections.
- Each optional subject consists of two papers.
The marks distribution and allocated time for each paper are as follows:
OPSC Mains Exam Pattern (Compulsory Subjects)
|Name of Paper
|No. of Marks
|Paper A- Odia
|Paper B – English Language
|Paper 1- English Essay
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4
|Paper 6: Optional Paper 1
|Paper 7: Optional Paper 2
Interview Test Exam Pattern
- Personality Test will be worth 250 marks
- Candidates can move toward the next stage only when they have qualified for the previous one.
- Paper 1 Odia and 2 English languages will be of 10th class level and are qualifying in nature.
- Marks of Paper 3 to Paper 9 will be considered for preparing the merit of the candidate.
OPSC OCS Salary
The OPSC OAS Pay scale consists of the basic pay and Monthly allowances as sanctioned by the Government of Odisha State.
OPSC OCS Group A Salary
Candidates can check the OPSC OCS Group A Salary mentioned below in the following table:
|OPSC OCS Salary (Group A)
|Name of the Post/Service
|The scale of Pay (in Rs)
|Odisha Administration Service
|Odisha Police Service
|Odisha Finance Service
OPSC OCS Group B Salary
Candidates can check the OPSC OCS Group B Salary mentioned below in the following table:
OPSC OCS Salary (Group B)
|Name of the Post/Service
|The scale of Pay (in Rs.)
|Odisha Co-operative Service
|Odisha Labour Service
|Odisha Employment Service
|Odisha Revenue Service
|Odisha Welfare Services
|Odisha Taxation & Accounts Services
OPSC OCS Preparation Strategy
Here are some of the tips that a candidate can follow for the OPSC OCS Exam:
- Learn about the syllabus in a broader form. Just don’t keep on reading and cramming everything.
- Choose your sources carefully because the time is limited and sources are infinite.
- Complete the Mains syllabus before the Prelims so that there is enough room for Revision and answer writing practice after the Prelims.
- Give mock tests regularly
- Analyze your mistakes and improve them along the way through your preparation
- Keep updated with current events and news.