HPPSC Civil Judge Salary: The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) conducts recruitment exams for the position of Civil Judge in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Aspiring candidates who are interested in the HPPSC Civil Judge position may want to know about the salary structure for this position. In this article, we will provide an overview of the HPPSC Civil Judge salary, including allowances, benefits, and other related information.
HPPSC Civil Judge Exam Overview
The candidates interested in HPPSC Civil Judge Salary will also be interested in the HPPSC Civil Judge exam overview. Applications were invited by HPPSC for the position of Civil Judge in the Junior Division in the state of Himachal Pradesh. A total of 17 vacancies are available for the post. The application process commenced on 21st April 2023 and ended on 12th May 2023. A table containing all the relevant details has been provided below for reference. Aspiring candidates may refer to this post to stay updated about the latest information related to the Himachal Pradesh Judiciary Exam.
|Conducting Body||Himachal Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||Himachal Judicial Services Civil Judge Exam|
|Number of Vacancies||To be notified|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application start Date||21st April 2023|
|Application closing Date||12th May 2023|
|Age Limit||35 years|
|Qualification||Degree in Law|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains, and Interview|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Prelims Date||9th July 2023|
|Mains Date||To be notified|
HPPSC Civil Judge Salary Structure
The HPPSC Civil Judge is a Class I gazetted officer in the state judicial service. The salary structure for this position is determined by the state government and is revised periodically based on government norms and policies. Here is an overview of the HPPSC Civil Judge salary structure:
|Post Name||HPPSC Civil Judge|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 77,840 – Rs. 1,36,520|
HPPSC Civil Judge Allowances and Benefits
In addition to the basic HPPSC Civil Judge salary, HPPSC Civil Judges are entitled to various allowances and benefits. Here are some of the major allowances and benefits available to HPPSC Civil Judges:
- Dearness Allowance: HPPSC Civil Judges are entitled to receive a Dearness Allowance (DA) based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The DA is revised twice a year (in January and July) and is calculated as a percentage of the basic pay.
- House Rent: Allowance HPPSC Civil Judges are entitled to receive a House Rent Allowance (HRA) if they are not provided with government-provided housing. The HRA is calculated as a percentage of the basic pay and varies based on the location of the posting.
- Medical Allowance: HPPSC Civil Judges are entitled to receive a Medical Allowance to cover their medical expenses. The amount of the allowance varies based on the location of the posting.
- Conveyance Allowance: HPPSC Civil Judges are entitled to receive a Conveyance Allowance to cover their transportation expenses. The amount of the allowance varies based on the location of the posting.
- Leave Travel Allowance: HPPSC Civil Judges are entitled to receive a Leave Travel Allowance (LTA) to cover their travel expenses when they take leave. The LTA can be claimed once every two years and is based on the basic pay.
- Pension and Retirement Benefits: HPPSC Civil Judges are entitled to a pension, gratuity, and other retirement benefits as per government norms and policies.
HPPSC Civil Judge Job Profile
The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) conducts recruitment exams for the position of Civil Judge in the state of Himachal Pradesh. The HPPSC Civil Judge job profile involves the following responsibilities:
- Adjudicating cases HPPSC Civil Judges are responsible for adjudicating cases that are assigned to them. This includes listening to arguments presented by both parties, analyzing evidence, and arriving at a just and fair verdict.
- Maintaining order in the courtroom HPPSC Civil Judges are responsible for maintaining order and decorum in the courtroom. This involves ensuring that all parties present their arguments in an orderly and respectful manner.
- Legal research HPPSC Civil Judges are required to conduct legal research to stay updated on new laws, regulations, and legal precedents. They must have a thorough understanding of the legal system and be able to apply this knowledge to the cases they hear.
- Administrative duties HPPSC Civil Judges are also responsible for various administrative duties such as managing court schedules, maintaining case records, and issuing orders.
- Other duties HPPSC Civil Judges may also be required to perform other duties as assigned by the higher authorities from time to time.