Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission or HPPSC invites Online Recruitment Applications (ORA) for recruitment to various posts in bureaucracy of Himachal Pradesh to be filled up through HPPSC HPAS. Syllabus for HPAS Exam is prepared by the commission which is published along with the official notification. The HPPSC HPAS syllabus includes English, Hindi, General Studies, and elective subjects which is designed by the officials.
HPPSC HPAS Syllabus
Three steps make up the HPPSC HPAS selection procedure. In addition to the personality test, the commission also specifies a syllabus for the Prelims and Mains part of the HPAS Exam. In order to effectively prepare for the exam, candidates must understand the HPPSC HPAS New syllabus.
HPPSC HPAS SYLLABUS 2023
The commission has prescribed the syllabus for both the Prelims and the Mains which might be a bit different for each stage. We have provided the detailed syllabus for HPPSC HPAS Prelims and Mains in this section.
HPPSC HPAS Prelims Exam 2023
The HPPSC HPAS Prelims exam will be constituted by two objective type papers of multiple choice questions and carry a maximum of 400 marks and is meant to serve as a screening test only. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination will not be counted for determining the final merit list which will be thoroughly prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the Mains and Interview stage.
HPPSC HPAS Syllabus for Prelims
Though the official syllabus will be released along with the HPPSC HPAS Notification 2023, we are providing the syllabus that has been taken into consideration by HPPSC while conducting the recruitment exam in the previous years. Candidates are advised to go through the table given below to get an idea about the HPPSC HPAS Prelims Syllabus.
HPPSC HPAS Prelims Syllabus 2023
|HPPSC HPAS Prelims Paper – I General Studies
- History, geography, political, art & culture and socio-economic development in reference to Himachal Pradesh.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian national movement.
- Indian and World Geography- Indian physical, social, economic geography as well as of the world.
- Indian polity as well as governance which covers constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues.
- Economic and social development which includes sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives.
- Issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change and General science.
|HPPSC HPAS Prelims Paper-II Aptitude Test
- Interpersonal skills, including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Ability of decision-making and problem-solving along with the general mental ability, basic numeracy, numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)
HPPSC HPAS Mains Exam 2023
HPPSC HPAS Mains exam will be descriptive in nature. A total of eight papers will be scheduled once the commission finalizes the dates for HPAS Mains Dates. Apart from language papers, the optional plays an important part in shaping the course of the result of a candidate. The pattern of the HPPSC HPAS Mains exam is given below.
HPPSC HPAS Mains Exam Pattern 2023
||Optional Paper I
||Optional Paper II
HPPSC HPAS Syllabus for Mains
Syllabus plays an very important role for a candidate who is preparing for any government recruitment exam. Understanding of the latest syllabus helps a candidate in strategizing their preparation. The detailed syllabus of HPAS Mains Exam as per Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission is as follows:
|HPPSC HPAS Mains Syllabus
|HPPSC HPAS ENGLISH PAPER-100 MARKS
|English Grammar – (20 Marks)
|Usage and vocabulary – (20 Marks)
|English Composition Letter / Application / Report / Note writing – (20 Marks)
|Comprehension of unseen passages – (20 Marks)
|Precis Writing – (20 Marks)
|HPPSC HPSC HINDI PAPER IN DEVNAGRI SCRIPT-100 MARKS
|Translation of an English passage into Hindi.
|Translation of Hindi passage into English.
|Explanation of Hindi passage in Prose and Poetry in the same language.
|Composition (Idioms, corrections etc.)
|HPPSC HPAS ESSAY PAPER-100 MARKS
|A fair choice of topics covering
|Aspects of culture and history and
HPPSC HPAS Syllabus for GS-I & GS-II
HPPSC HPAS GENERAL STUDIES-I -200 MARKS
- Historical perspective of Indian Cultural heritage.
- Literature and Art forms from ancient times to 1947.
- Modern Indian history from mid – 18th century till 1980.
- Freedom Struggle covering various stages and the role of eminent persons from different parts of India.
- Industrial Revolution supplemented with the emergence of Capitalism.
- World Wars.
- Concept of Decolonization, Nationalism and Socialism, Globalization and concept of Modernity.
- Emergence and growth of early medieval states in HP: Kangra, Kullu and Chamba. Hill States and their relations with the Mughals and the Sikhs.
- Gorkha invasion and consequences, Treaty of Sugauli.
- Political and Administrative structure under the Colonial power.
- Grants, Sanads and territorial aggression.
- Socio-Economic conditions under colonial period with special reference to social practices of Beth, Begar and Reet.
- Establishment of British Cantonments.
- National Movement with special reference to Praja Mandal movements in Himachal Pradesh, 1848-1948.
- Five Year Plans and vision for the Hill State.
- Survey of artistic and cultural Heritage (Temples, Buddhist Monasteries and Paintings) relevant to the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- Topics relevant to the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- Introduction to Disasters and classifications including natural and man-made disasters.
- Social and Environmental impacts of disasters.
- Disaster profile of the country, National and state policies, Plans and institutional mechanisms in the country.
- Approaches to Disaster Risk Reductions.
- Disaster management models.
- Roles and responsibilities of stakeholders including community, concept of first responders.
- Interrelationship of disaster and development.
- Disaster management in India including Disaster Management Act 2005.
- India as a unit of Geographical Study.
- Aspects of the Physical Geography of India.
- Human Aspects – Population distribution, Urban Population, Internal Migration.
- Language and Literacy, Villages and Towns in India.
- Settlements, Industry and Transport.
- Geography of Himachal Pradesh: Relief, Drainage, Vegetation cover and types.
- Climate and climatic zones in Himachal Pradesh.
- Geographical Regions of Himachal Pradesh (Shiwalik, Doons and Low Valleys, Outer Valleys of Sub Himalaya, Mid Hill Tracts of High Himalaya, High hills and Valleys and Inner Zones).
- Human Aspects covering Quantitative, Qualitative and Temporal characteristics of Population, Urbanization pattern.
- Policies related to Forest, Industrial and Tourism Policies, Growth of Industrial areas and types of Industries in Himachal, Employment generation and potential, Scope of future Industrialization, Hazard Vulnerability and Risk Profile of Himachal Pradesh.
HPPSC HPAS GENERAL STUDIES-II- 200 MARKS
- Constitution of India covering Historical underpinning, evolution, salient features.
- Significant provisions including Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Fundamental Duties.
- Amending process and important Constitutional Amendments and theory of basic structure.
- Parliament and State legislatures and functioning of the Union and State Executive and the Judiciary.
- Functions and responsibilities of Union and States.
- Issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up-to local level and challenges therein.
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- Appointments to various constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various constitutional bodies in India.
- Reorganization and politics of statehood.
- Development of political parties, major Political parties and their support base and performance in the Assembly and Parliamentary elections in Himachal Pradesh.
- Politics of sub-regionalism and pressure groups in the State.
- Structure, organization and functioning of Statutory, Regulatory and various Quasi-Judicial bodies in Himachal Pradesh.
- Institutional framework development in various sectors in India.
- Governance, Good governance, Citizen Charters, effective public service delivery, transparency, accountability and ethics in governance in India.
- District Administration: Changing role of Deputy Commissioner.
- Local self-government in urban and rural areas in India.
- Role of Non-Government Organizations (NGOs).
- Self Help Groups (SHGs) and Civil Society in Governance in India.
- Bodies constituted, Policies, Programmes and Schemes for welfare of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Women, Minorities, Backward classes, Differently-abled persons, and children in India.
- Issues relating to the quality of life covering livelihood, poverty, hunger, disease and social inclusiveness.
- Governance in Himachal Pradesh.
- The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Guarantee Act 2011.
- Right to Information Act, 2005 and rules made thereunder by the Himachal Pradesh Government.
- Administrative reforms for effective public service delivery in Himachal Pradesh.
- Implementation of 73rd& 74th Constitutional amendments in Himachal Pradesh.
- Issues and Challenges, Programmes and policies for the welfare of differently-abled persons, women and children in Himachal Pradesh.
- Bilateral, Regional and Global groupings and agreements involving India and affecting India’s interests.
- India’s look east policy.
- India’s relations with United States of America (U.S.A.), Russia, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Nepal, Maldives and Middle East Countries.
- Effects of the policies of developed and developing countries on India’s interest, Indian Diaspora.
- Important international Institutions.
- Cybercrime and drug menace & mechanism to detect and control it in Himachal Pradesh.
- Enactments made by Himachal Pradesh Government to protect and promote the interests of agrarian society.
- Various policies framed by the Government of Himachal Pradesh for the socioeconomic development of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes of the State.
- Tribal welfare administration, Tribal sub-plan and Single line administration in Himachal Pradesh.
Optional Subjects in HPPSC HPAS Exam
Apart from the compulsory papers there will be two optional papers in the HPAS exam. There are 31 optional subjects out of which candidates have to choose their subject. The optional subjects for HPPSC HPAS Exam 2023 are as follows:
|List of Optional Subjects in HPPSC HPAS Mains Exam
|Political Science and International Relation
|Commerce and Accountancy
||Animal Husbandry and
HPPSC HPAS Interview 2023
The total number of candidates to be called for interview/personality test on the basis of written examination will be three (3) times the number of the vacancies notified for HPPSC HPAS recruitment for that particular year. In case of a tie between or amongst the candidates on account of having obtained equal minimum qualifying marks in the written examination, all such candidates with equal minimum marks will be called for the HPPSC HPAS interview / personality test. The marks obtained by the candidates in the main examination along with the interview/personality test will determine their final ranking who will be allotted to various services/posts according to the rank in the examination and their preference.
Sharing is caring!